[Guide] Reshade 3 + lightmaps + custom presets

Creative minds can display their work here, from images and videos to custom addons and other software applications related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Telperien

[Guide] Reshade 3 + lightmaps + custom presets

Post#1 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Welcome everyone,

I had an idea for a quite long time to make video guide for a fantastic tool - Reshade 3.
Finally, 12hrs later, one pack of cigarettes and 2 coffees its ready.

Click here to watch on YouTube

What is Reshade?

Some of you remember Sildurs mod that enabled SweetFX in RoR client with some extra tweaks thanks to Nvidia Inspector app.
It was some time ago. Development of SweetFX (and its main program - Reshade) went further and latest version 3.4 provides ingame UI, customisable shaders values on-a-fly and whats most important - simple way of saving and sharing created presets. Somehow it also enables to run dx9 games using dx10+ or OpenGL libraries, thanks to that its possible to toggle lightmaps now without altering any client files. With only one .ini file its so easy to let other people use your own custom preset. Multiple effects and shaders provide enough tools to create own immersive experience ingame, like dark and bloody Orc atmosphere, epic and pale with a nostalgic pinch Dark elf vision of world, or shinny and full of fire Empire perspective.

I tried to keep video easy to follow for either RoR beginners and veterans. I based installation on latest "cleaned" Client provided by RoR devs website source.

I hope you enjoy and there wont be any problems with installation.

Required software:

RoR client
Reshade 3
My Reshade preset

Feel free to upload your preset with example pictures, i`ll add them to topic to keep them in one place.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: [Guide] Reshade 3 + lightmaps + custom presets

Post#2 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Thanks, I hope I can get mine working now. ;)

mogt

Post#3 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:47 pm

i have donwloaded the reshade exe and the install was succsed, but if i start warhammer, i dont get the message that reshade is active

wachlarz

Post#4 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:50 pm

Ty awsome job

Telperien

Post#5 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:03 am

mogt wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:47 pm i have donwloaded the reshade exe and the install was succsed, but if i start warhammer, i dont get the message that reshade is active
Are there dxgi.dll, dxgi.ini files and reshade-shaders folder in RoR directory? What happens when u press shift + f2?
Try install reshade as admin.

Toshutkidup

Post#6 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:05 am

Thanks for tutorial and files. worked great for me. and I like the fact I can enable/disable with keystroke. thx again
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

mogt

Post#7 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:31 am

okay i try

mogt

Post#8 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:36 am

Telperien wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:03 am
mogt wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:47 pm i have donwloaded the reshade exe and the install was succsed, but if i start warhammer, i dont get the message that reshade is active
Are there dxgi.dll, dxgi.ini files and reshade-shaders folder in RoR directory? What happens when u press shift + f2?
Try install reshade as admin.

its nothing in the warhammer loadscreen i dont see the message that reshade is actve how in your video,there is nothing, and i try to install as admin, and the files are in the folder from the warhammer, i do the same how in your video, and at the loadscreen o have dont this message on top from the screen

Ads
Telperien

Post#9 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:51 am

Is RoR folder on c: drive? Try move it to other drive, remove reshade Dxgi.dll, dxgi.ini and shaders folder, next reinstall reshade.

Kalt

Post#10 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:55 am

Great initiative telperien.
The game looks incredible once you add your mod.
Much more modern.
/applause
/bow
Once i come back from work i post some screenshot.
Got a 4k gsync monitor and trust me , in 4k with reshade 3 it s not the same game anymore !
This should be include in the game imo