[Guide] Reshade 3 + lightmaps + custom presets

Creative minds can display their work here, from images and videos to custom addons and other software applications related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Fenris78

Re: [Guide] Reshade 3 + lightmaps + custom presets

Post#11 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Tried everything, applied your exact method but Reshade refuse to load at all... :/

Launcher doesnt seem to check the new dll after reshade installation...

Thanks for the video anyway, If you get some courage left, feel free to provide a simple written step-by-step to ensure all steps are followed. ;)
Last edited by Fenris78 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
szejoza

Post#12 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Worked for me without a problem, just need a bit of tweaking here and there with presets as for me the contrast is too high atm
With Reshade
Spoiler:
Without Reshade
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Telperien

Post#13 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:03 pm

szejoza wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:39 pm
Spoiler:
Worked for me without a problem, just need a bit of tweaking here and there with presets as for me the contrast is too high atm
With Reshade
Spoiler:
Without Reshade
Spoiler:
Well, thats my personal preset and i love contrast. If you need to adjust few things - feel free to do it:) Thats whole beauty of Reshade 3.

I understand that we all have many different PCs and software installed, owned or not, and not everyone will be able to run Reshade. For rest, I hope video guide will safe hours of digging internet for info how to do it.
Kalt wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:55 am
Spoiler:
Great initiative telperien.
The game looks incredible once you add your mod.
Much more modern.
/applause
/bow
Once i come back from work i post some screenshot.
Got a 4k gsync monitor and trust me , in 4k with reshade 3 it s not the same game anymore !
This should be include in the game imo
I know right? I play myself on 1440p 27-inch display and game looks amazing:)
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Fenris78

Post#14 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:34 pm

The odd thing is I managed to run reshade 3.1 with slidur dll, resulting in longer loading times and white ghost everywhere, using the old launcher and 32-bits exe.

Now I can't run Reshade 3.4 with the new launcher, being 32 or 64-bits version, for some mysterious reason it's not working anymore...

Is there a way to "force" the launcher to include reshade dll, using the updater isn't working either (it only re-dl the RoRLauncher.exe without further file checking).

Did you use specific installation step order to let the launcher know that some files are new and need checking ?
My steps were exactly the same as yours (as far as I know), using clean install, unchecking read-only, launch and update, setup graphic settings, install reshade on 64-bits exe...

I'm running on Win7 x64, but since I successfully ran ReSahde before on various games, I'm not sure about the influence of the OS on the process... :/

Telperien

Post#15 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:31 pm

There are 3 different aspects here:

1. Sildurs mod reshade 2 + binkw32 file to enable lightmaps - thats not working anymore because new Launcher cross check every RoR file (binkw32 is RoR file) and if its altered - redownload it.

2. Reshade pre 3.4 (like 3.1 before) using Sildurs altered binkw32 file + Sildurs_mod.dll (dxgi.dll renamed to it to work both with binkw32 and Reshade 3) which somehows works but god knows why altered binkw32 isnt replaced by Launcher.

3. Reshade 3.4 and up which dont require any altered binkw32 or sildurs mod at all and used direct3D 10+ to toggle light maps.

1st is not working anymore, 2nd way I described in Sildurs topic on 42 page. If that works for you its fine. Use it until it gets broken.

I found 3rd way while making video guide and it worked for me, so I dont see reason to not use it commonly. If your fresh RoR client cant use Reshade 3 and dxgi.dll you need to find way to make it work. Try troubleshooting on Reshade forums. I guess it messed up by Windows settings or lack of some libraries. Maybe try reinstall all DirectX?

Gridgendal

Post#16 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:11 pm

I have had method 2 working with Reshade 3.1 and the altered binkw32.dll and sildurs_mod.dll. I have been having to replace the altered binkw32.dll after loading the launcher every time. The launcher replaces binkw32.dll with the standard one when it starts, so I just wait until it finishes then replace binkw32.dll. Once it's replaced I can hit Connect and it worked. This was pretty tedious doing it every time you open the launcher, but it worked.

I can't seem to get the method in the video to work. Reshade 3.4 does not load when the game is launched. I followed all steps in the video. I tried installing reshade as admin, no luck. Just doesn't seem to load reshade when the game launches. Sure would be nice to not have to replace binkw32.dll every time you open the launcher but I can't seem to get it working with this method.

I guess I'll try replacing binkw32.dll with reshade 3.4 and see what happens.

edit:
I copied dxgi.dll to sildurs_mod.dll and replaced binkw32.dll with the one from Sildur's mod and reshade 3.4 now works. Still have to replace binkw32.dll after the launcher replaces it every time you open the launcher.

Kalt

Post#17 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:36 pm

simple question , is the ambient occlusion enabled if we follow your tutorial ?
or do we still have to import the file from sildur who modify this via nvidia inspector ?

Telperien

Post#18 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:26 pm

Graphic settings are up to you. I didnt include any of those cause there are atleast 2 topic for graphic tweaks for RoR.

Ads
wafflerue

Post#19 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:42 pm

This method doesn't seem to work for me either, Used a fresh install of Warhammer AND Re-shade, and when I launch the game re-shade does not appear to initialize. (pressing shift + f2 doesn't do anything) Been trying to do some research about what could cause this to happen to some people but not all people. So far I've come up empty handed.

Akira245

Post#20 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:32 pm

wafflerue wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:42 pm This method doesn't seem to work for me either, Used a fresh install of Warhammer AND Re-shade, and when I launch the game re-shade does not appear to initialize. (pressing shift + f2 doesn't do anything) Been trying to do some research about what could cause this to happen to some people but not all people. So far I've come up empty handed.
I had this problem and found that it was that I was using an old shortcut on my desktop. I created a new shortcut from the launcher in the Warhammer directory and everything worked then. Hope this helps.