Recent Topics

Ads

Loading Screen Tips - Submissions

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Loading Screen Tips - Submissions

Post#1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:26 am

Time to do some outsourcing!

Someone made the foolish mistake of giving me access to loading screen tips, so I'm having my way with them at the moment. Removing a bunch of stuff that doesn't make sense for RoR was the first step. We all have quite a bit of random information that might come unnaturally to players that never had a chance to experience live.

Give me your tips. One per line. Include your name and Guild (if you have one) or Live server (if you want to represent that instead)

Formatted appropriately, they will make it onto a loading screen. Soon™

Example ~
"Did you notice the new character creation screen? Everyone is wearing Sovereign gear! Neat." -- Submitted by wargrimnir of Iron Rock
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Caffeine

Re: Loading Screen Tips - Submissions

Post#2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:47 am

"Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of ban appeals." -- Submitted by Viny of Martyrs Square

Make it happen grim
Last edited by Caffeine on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Dabbart

Post#3 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:52 am

“Always kite towards your Tank, and don’t forget to Detaunt!” -submitted by Dabbart of Learn To Play/The Damned
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

anarchypark

Post#4 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:38 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:26 am
"Did you notice the new character creation screen? Everyone is wearing Sovereign gear! Neat." -- Submitted by wargrimnir of Iron Rock

no i didn't ! nice tip.

"wanna see more chat lines to scroll up? ESC -> User Setting -> Chat -> Scroll Limit. " -- Submitted by onesword of Eternal

"A leader cannot simply stride forward and expect his group to be able to follow." -- Submitted by twoarrows of Eternal

second is quote from other game, Path of Exile. guess it would be problem? though it's perfect tip for orvr leading.

ps. you can correct sentences if it's not fluid english.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Artwork

Post#5 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:58 am

"If your class has any buffs at all, and you want to actually win a PUG scenario for a change, you may want to apply those buffs to your temporary teammates before the scenario starts." -Artwork

Glorian

Post#6 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:44 am

"When using a ground ability, move your mouse to the point in the world and hit the ability key twice." -- Submitted by Lesti of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers

"When solo defending a Battlefield Objective allways put your back against a wall. Stealth classes can't hit your back if they can't reach it." -- Submitted by Lesti of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers

"There are three different Healing Potions in the game that can be used at the same time. Gather them before the fight to have a chance versus your opponents." -- Submitted by Lesti of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers

"If you fight a Scenario without an Armor and Stat Potion on you are not allowed to complain about your loss afterwards." -- Submitted by Lesti of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Last edited by Glorian on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aebel

Post#7 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:58 am

"Run from an engagement and you'll only die tired" -- Submitted by Aebel of Martyr's Square

roadkillrobin

Post#8 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:23 am

Aebel wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:58 am "Run from an engagement and you'll only die tired" -- Submitted by Aebel of Martyr's Square
Really good one.

Ads
Herthin

Post#9 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:27 am

Make sure you listen to your Leader. ALWAYS.
- Herthin of "Da fat Squigs"

Voice communication does not hurt, you cant get pregnant from it nor does it give cancer.
- Ancient knowledge

Kalt

Post#10 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:31 am

If you die ingame , you don't die irl. Don't be afraid !!