Recent Topics

Ads

[AM/Sham] Asuryan and Gork Trees [Close Date Aug 14]

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
ferraz19

Re: [AM/Sham] Asuryan and Gork Trees [Close Date Aug 14]

Post#111 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:52 am

dshdf wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 am
Telen wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am
Anyway I jumped on my 34/27 green gear Shaman that I havent touched in over a year to try an sc.
so you've played 10 min on sham over last year and feel that it's enough to understand how things goin overall?
live4treasure wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:28 am

First off, you aren't optimally geared. Second, I assume you also didn't spend your renown correctly, because I crit almost every attack I threw at you, which is usually a sign. Third, it so happened I was in a group with 2 tanks and 3 pure healers that just focused all their attention on keeping me alive, so lol. And fourth... you were just running around throwing dots at me, you barely ever stopped to cast a single stationary spell and I'm pretty sure you didn't even have DWiC specced for timestamp 100 ft range burst, since you never tried it. Nothing against you personally, man, but this is a l2p issue. I've seen some insane dps shamans over my time on ror, but they are few and far in between. (likely because glorious elven ubermage is master race of fashionhammer compared to small green mushroom addict people :D )
actlly i belive that we should rise talks about some gear for dd am/sham, especially rr45 sc "dd" weapon and lack of int set bonuses. Its kinda hard to be "not optimally geared, and even to have any versality

about rr: dd shaman rn have no other choice than to invest into int and striketrough (64rr pt for 120 int and 9% striketrough), if you dont your kill potential will be close to zero (like 3 kills with 113k dmg on Telen screen). As dd sham you just have no rr to effictevely invest into -crit.
Also DWIC is 80, not 100 ft and doesnt not outperform brainbursta in terms of singletarget burst
He is just trying to defend his AM superiority atm. Any honest person know DPS shaman is shiet compared to AM atm
Every shaman main that plays dps has told me that their are very unhappy with these recent Green tree changes.
Even before the changes, AMs were superior in DPS mode

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#112 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:54 am

AM got exactly the same nerfs to their Vaul tree.

ferraz19

Post#113 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:00 am

Telen wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 am
dshdf wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 am so you've played 10 min on sham over last year and feel that it's enough to understand how things goin overall?
Well I played it to 80. Played its mirror pretty much nightly for 5 years. I dont need to play it as dps on both hasnt changed except for the lifetap tree nerf. I still know enough about it to jump on an ungeared one and out damage 90% of Shaman dps. Reason: Its a player issue. Des players wont play bad classes or specs. Order players will thats why there were tons of Engies and maybe 2 Magus on my server on live. Order players play the classes they like not whats best. Thats why there are dps AM and every dps Shaman has rolled Magus while all those AM could do 2x the damage on a Engie.
So you're saying the problem is that Destro doesnt play "bad classes or specs" and that Order will?
Thats makes no sense and is pretty much false

Telen
Suspended

Post#114 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:13 am

Shaman dont heal because dps is in any better or worse spot than AM. AM has to deal with gcleanse and has less burst. It cant dps outside of very smallscale and pug. They heal because its the smarter choice. Its how AMs play if they want to be the most effective they can for their group. Dps is a bad choice for both. Order players just dont care that why we have tons of rdps and hardly any tanks. Were all selfish.
Last edited by Telen on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

dshdf

Post#115 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 am

Telen wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 am Well I played it to 80. Played its mirror pretty much nightly for 5 years. I dont need to play it as dps on both hasnt changed except for the lifetap tree nerf. I still know enough about it to jump on an ungeared one and out damage 90% of Shaman dps. Reason: Its a player issue. Des players wont play bad classes or specs. Order players will thats why there were tons of Engies and maybe 2 Magus on my server on live. Order players play the classes they like not whats best. Thats why there are dps AM and every dps Shaman has rolled Magus while all those AM could do 2x the damage on a Engie.
playing smthn at live aint matter here, since many things different here
playing mirror =\= playing shaman
so please, since you've played only 1 sc on sham this year and even never hit 40 with it on ror, do not act like you know shaman situation from inside and stick to AM's part of discussion

2nd part of your post is just a pointless overgeneralisation since most of the players play on both sides from time to time. Moreover, its quasi-rasict/sexist/and more -ists, just imagine how you post will look if someone replace destro/order with men/woman, or white/black etc.

Telen
Suspended

Post#116 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:18 am

dshdf wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 am playing smthn at live aint matter here, since many things different here
playing mirror =\= playing shaman
so please, since you've played only 1 sc on sham this year and even never hit 40 with it on ror, do not act like you know shaman situation from inside and stick to AM's part of discussion
Hardly anything is different. Anything thats changed, changed on AM too. Whats the name of your AM btw?

Looks like Im leveling my Shaman.

live4treasure

Post#117 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Don't want to derail this thread into a **** measuring contest, but claiming I have an ulterior motive after angrily posting three or four back to back posts on this thread about how AM is superior and its unfair right after that very same imbalanced SC happened and then saying I'm wrong for calling you out on it seems very hypocritical to me, Hym.

I will admit that shaman needs a disrupt strikethrough buff, and they're getting that through DWiC 9 pt. version... like tomorrow, unless something has changed, but in other respects shaman deals higher burst damage than AM and has more things that can proc Gorks Touch too, which is a staple in any smallscale pvp save for solo. That being said, maybe it's better if you gave some suggestions on what you think would be a good change to shaman abilities' and tactics, so we can have a proper debate, before a balance forum thread is turned into an accusational hysteria with dishonest posts being thrown around.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

catholicism198

Post#118 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:19 pm

No one is saying they'll be changing today.
Client change logs and sever change logs do not follow the same schedule.

Ads
ashton007

Post#119 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:35 pm

If anythimg is done for dps shaman it really ought to be a 10% disrupt strikethrough tactic. The amount of times you have to cast one Dot just to land it is a little repulsive.
(Sorry i know its not necessarily in topic but figure maybe some dps shamans reading this agree)

catholicism198

Post#120 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:03 pm

ashton007 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:35 pm If anythimg is done for dps shaman it really ought to be a 10% disrupt strikethrough tactic. The amount of times you have to cast one Dot just to land it is a little repulsive.
(Sorry i know its not necessarily in topic but figure maybe some dps shamans reading this agree)
Disrupt is being changed/reverted.
Before they consider adding something of that so, we'd have to test out the reverts again and see if such a tactic would still necessary.