Recent Topics

Ads

Swordmaster Maximum Survival ORVR Tank Build

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Matlouraph

Re: Swordmaster Maximum Survival ORVR Tank Build

Post#21 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:30 pm

Paxsanarion wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:26 am
Martok wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:25 pm
Paxsanarion wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:14 pmVery interesting read......:-)

Full Defensive SM has its time and place but restricting oneself to that play-style means one will get bored rather fast.
Agreed.......so much to explore regarding the ways in which an SM can be played :-)
Yes like the very long back punt of "redirected force" ...hidden or not ;)

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#22 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:30 am

Albane wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:10 am This is my build at RR50 for survival and usefulness - RoR.builders - Sword Master

This will be my build at RR70 - RoR.builders - Sword Master

My issue is, what gear should I be working for at rr45-55? I have full Conqs but I am not sure if I need any BL or what pieces of Genesis are best? ANy advice?

What about when I switch to Vanq at rr55?

Hey man,

I've not played for a month now, real life issues and lack of time to dedicate to an old school MMO, but it seems nothing on the SM side has changed so my advice should still be viable.

Generally at lower RRs as S&B, I'd go with 3 Redeye pieces (Gloves, Boots, Cloak) and then either of the oRvR sets you have ability to get for the other pieces. That gives you nice Armour bonus, solid crit reduction and Ini. At start it would be Conq, then Vanq and then Inv. Invader is the first set you kinda want whole, even if only for the unlock. Accessories I'd go for the block ones (Defensive Genesis Fragment, Rough Gunbad Diamond, etc.), weapons I'd go for the blue SC ones at the start cause I think you want to eventually get the purple ones. Though I guess Subjugator into Fortress is also an option, I just don't like the wounds heavy nature of their stats that much.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Hakker

Post#23 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:48 am

Hello,

What would be the 4 best tactic to be able to survive as tank in keep.

-Isha protection: 20% more heal look like a must have.
-Perfect defence: 10% block and 10% is good
-Rugged: 160 toughness is not nothing
-Vaul Buffer: 500 shield each 3 second look like good too.

What do you think?

Cyrylius

Post#24 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:58 am

Consider swapping rugged for impeccable reactions, it's very likely to work better
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Hakker

Post#25 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:30 am

Do you think this is a good tactic in ORVR? Just 1 parry each 5 sec only when you parry. In fortress defense you receive a lot a hit in 5 second. Look like not a lot... It is my point of view.

anarchypark

Post#26 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:37 am

Cyrylius wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:58 am Consider swapping rugged for impeccable reactions, it's very likely to work better

5 sec is long and 1 parry can be very random in pvp, specially in keep funnel.
often wasted on lowbie autoattacks.
in PvE though, it's always against big boss dps when you're MT.
and 160 tough is huge in pvp.
must have as funnel front liner.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Earthcake

Post#27 » Tue May 24, 2022 12:08 pm

Impeccable reactions is one of the best 1v1 tactics, but bad for "normal" RvR.

tazdingo

Post#28 » Tue May 24, 2022 1:26 pm

turtle tanks dont work, it simply doesn't matter when unmitigable morales and procs are going off everywhere. to be a frontliner or funneler you need a min of 700 tough pref 800, at least 0% chance to be crit (or -50% crit dmg with lini and tb) and then as much wounds and avoidance as you can get

thats as good as it gets, even the most theoretically tanky tanks will die to focus from 2 big dps in a few seconds. you wanna do the absolute minimum required to be able to stand on the front and guard someone without immediately exploding, as described above, and then invest everything else into group support, protection, cc, aoe debuffs, ect.

Ads
Hakker

Post#29 » Tue May 24, 2022 1:52 pm

I understand your point Tazdingo. But we have the right to play like we want . Also, the game give us the possibility to play like turtle tank.

But i want to understand your point. Being a turtle tank dont work because a morale bomb can kill me anyway. But If i play group support, i will die anyway versus a morale bomb. So what the point?

And you know being a turtle tank can support too. With, guard, challenge and hold the line.

Earthcake

Post#30 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:01 pm