Recent Topics

Ads

Best Order/Destro Tank for WB Play

Let's talk about... everything else
Toggle

Best Order/Destro Tank for WB Play

Post#1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:06 am

So, I’ve gotten my healer to a comfortable spot, but every night that I log in to play, we seem to be lacking tanks. I was in a WB tonight with 2 tanks and 8 healers. Not a great situation. So, I’d like to shelve my healer for now (can’t get into forts anyways because of my schedule) and roll a tank on each side to alleviate the shortage.

What would you suggest, class wise, to someone who has always rolled a healer?

Thanks!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Detangler

Re: Best Order/Destro Tank for WB Play

Post#2 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:20 am

Anything but IB/BG. All others are definitely wanted
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

dansari

Post#3 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:37 am

Detangler wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:20 am Anything but IB/BG. All others are definitely wanted
This is hilarious when you actually understand IB is a staple in order warbands by providing high defense and offense for Slayers especially and incredible aoe cc through Ancestor's Fury, Powered Etchings, Oathbound, and Earthshatter, to name a few. IBs are also the tank who can most easily kite and move around via Avalanche. lol
<Salt Factory>

Dabbart

Post#4 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:17 am

Why can't we have nice things...

Since you played Z, I assume you have used your Stagger offensively, and goofed with WoI. And have a general sense of the class, based on that I would suggest Knight for order. AoE snare, AoE stagger, KD, x2 interrupts and general group buffs make a pretty fun playstyle. SnB for survival and HtL or 2h for group crit and super punt.

For destro, I recommend BO. Not in Da Face! CD increaser is just fantastic. AoE snare, Morale pump, crap tons of Block or crit damage/%, wounds, etc.. The BO is spoiled for choice in tactics, so you can swap spec as you feel. It is a really fun class, but takes a lot of learning. And is also criminally low on Ini, so stack reduced chance to be crit.

Either way, as a former Healer, you have one awesome advantage, you can pick out cast animations easier than others, cause you have been staring at your own for so long. Turn off animation FX and time your interrupts(taunt being #1), Silences, KDs, KBs to break them. Nothing breaks up a backline more than interrupt chains followed by CC.

Having said all that... Whatever you wanna play mate! All tanks are welcome. As long as they use and can swap Guard, you will be loved.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Detangler

Post#5 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:00 am

dansari wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:37 am
Detangler wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:20 am Anything but IB/BG. All others are definitely wanted
This is hilarious when you actually understand IB is a staple in order warbands by providing high defense and offense for Slayers especially and incredible aoe cc through Ancestor's Fury, Powered Etchings, Oathbound, and Earthshatter, to name a few. IBs are also the tank who can most easily kite and move around via Avalanche. lol
Silly me I'm just used to having the mirror class that provides nothing near as useful for warband play. Must be nice!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

dansari

Post#6 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:32 am

Detangler wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:00 am
dansari wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:37 am
Silly me I'm just used to having the mirror class that provides nothing near as useful for warband play. Must be nice!
Don't worry Swordmaster also exists. lol
<Salt Factory>

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:00 am

:lol:
Top **** kek

Multiple AoE damage option

Undefendable AoE -10% crit debuff

AoE block and parry debuff

The highest wounds debuff in the game applied in an AoE

On top of the various M1-4 Morale options

BG is a staple of destro ORvR warband play and you just dismiss them?

Collateral

Post#8 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:36 am

Bg is definitely not a staple in wb play, lets not kid ourselves. It has some nice stuff for sure, but you don't wanna run more than one (which should be 2h at that). If you want a tanky tank that doesn't require higher lvl gear to be more effective, roll chosen. With group buffs/debuffs you are always welcome in any wb, and your tactics and abilities make you pretty tanky.

Ads
Panodil

Post#9 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:05 am

Chosen/kotbs for auras
BO/SM for 5s reduced cd
4 of each in wb.
Other two tanks are not bad, just not as good.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

mubbl

Post#10 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:09 am

every tank has his potantial, some are more favoured by meta then others(ch/kotbs and bo/sm).
if you just wanna play the best tank, go for knight.