Recent Topics

Ads

Class Tier List (WB vs SC)

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Akilinus

Re: Class Tier List (WB vs SC)

Post#71 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:47 pm

I was going to make a list but after looking through the replies I see that my brain is not big enough to give out any advice
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 75 Chosen
Mauzer 60 Kotbs Kkomrades 70 Black Guard
Rhodesia 50 SH

[Brotherman]

Ads
SaintRon

Post#72 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:21 am

BeautfulToad wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:02 am
Samejima wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:19 am

Players of these classes in guild/ally WBs will go in knowing they're putting their friends at a disadvantage, and if they lose there will be cases of arguments/animosity over class choice. Guilds looking to fill empty DPS slots will not want these classes, nor will the more organized pug WBs that emerge, so the leftovers will form hodge-podge WBs with an even higher than usual proportion of these classes, making them essentially auto-losses.
This is presumably a big reason why order has a low player count. Hysterical groupthink that says only kotbs can tank and an oddly specific type of warrior priest can heal while complaining there is not enough tanks or healers.

Last time I saw the great VII legion in order they had a 12 man warband. Presumably, a whole bunch of SnB tanks were "not tanky enough", engis are "D tier" or something, and they had only one slot for a dps runepriest, probably the best healer in the game (with zealot).

Since you are quoting shooshpanzerer, you should know orcs run pug warbands, filled with shammies, squigs and choppas. What logic is this? Are they ruining the game for everyone and should be ashamed of themselves? Well, no, they do rather well. And it shows that if you follow orders, stop crying, and use your classes strengths, it does not matter too much what class you go, and more people want to play.
Reading this thread killed all desire to play this game again. Sucks when a community can't pull their head out of their hindquarters.

jhwieser

Post#73 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:48 am

SaintRon wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:21 am
BeautfulToad wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:02 am
Samejima wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:19 am

Players of these classes in guild/ally WBs will go in knowing they're putting their friends at a disadvantage, and if they lose there will be cases of arguments/animosity over class choice. Guilds looking to fill empty DPS slots will not want these classes, nor will the more organized pug WBs that emerge, so the leftovers will form hodge-podge WBs with an even higher than usual proportion of these classes, making them essentially auto-losses.
This is presumably a big reason why order has a low player count. Hysterical groupthink that says only kotbs can tank and an oddly specific type of warrior priest can heal while complaining there is not enough tanks or healers.

Last time I saw the great VII legion in order they had a 12 man warband. Presumably, a whole bunch of SnB tanks were "not tanky enough", engis are "D tier" or something, and they had only one slot for a dps runepriest, probably the best healer in the game (with zealot).

Since you are quoting shooshpanzerer, you should know orcs run pug warbands, filled with shammies, squigs and choppas. What logic is this? Are they ruining the game for everyone and should be ashamed of themselves? Well, no, they do rather well. And it shows that if you follow orders, stop crying, and use your classes strengths, it does not matter too much what class you go, and more people want to play.
Reading this thread killed all desire to play this game again. Sucks when a community can't pull their head out of their hindquarters.
I would not worry about it. I've done tons of city fights in (mostly) premade warbands with all classes and everyone is chill about it. There are very few who truly fight for only the absolute "best" WB makeup. I also have seen every stripe on the order side of things as well.

Panodil

Post#74 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Agree, city warband its not like open rvr warband, its more a mix of good ST assist and good aoe pressure
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Aurandilaz

Post#75 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:09 pm

SaintRon wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:21 am

good players > good class/team synergy > good class > good gear
You can win with various "non-meta" setups, but again if you deviate from 1st best or 2nd best possible combinations, you will have some extra challenge, which however can be overcome if the players who play those 3rd or 4th best class picks really know what they are doing and can carry their weight without dragging their team down.
Obviously if your own team is doing a random lul setup and facing an enemy who brings best optimized of the best available setups... just don't expect an easy victory? This applies to both sides, since in cities, the game is limited to 24v24, where each healer and dps and tank will have to do well, or their party collapses which eventually leads to a whole warband coming down in a domino effect.