Recent Topics

Ads

[Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
kurwax

Re: [Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#301 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:15 am

Trying to return for reckoning, but I can not get the install go through. Never had any sort of problem like this before during few years of play. Installation on Lutris gives this:

Code: Select all

Initial process has exited (return code: 256)
Monitored process exited.
Exit with return code 256
I did force dotnet40, but still no luck. Any clue what is causing this?

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#302 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:27 pm

This happens on the very end?
probably some system library incompatibilities or something.
You can try killing the python/lutris process and then just add the locally installed game from the + sign. navigate to the prefix it created before and add it, navigate to RoRLauncher.exe and add that and should be set

edit: found a lutris github issue: https://github.com/lutris/lutris/issues/4552

Fortunately the solution is simple - just delete ".wine" folder in your Home; it will be recreated and then it will proceed without errors.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

kurwax

Post#303 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:59 am

(edit) It happens at the beginning of the install. Does not run for longer than maybe 30 seconds maximum before giving the return code. (/edit)
Weirdly enough slash home does not even have .wine in it slash home slash .local has one. Tried that trick, still no worky worky. I will try with fresh OS install to see if I get it to work that way and go from there. Odd feeling that it might have something to do with hardening configurations. :roll:
(edit2) xpander, which one do you recommend, torrent or direct? (/edit2)

xpander
Community Management

Post#304 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:25 am

kurwax wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:59 am (edit2) xpander, which one do you recommend, torrent or direct? (/edit2)
Doesn't really matter, both contain pre-loaded data to get you rolling.

you can maybe run lutris with

lutris -d
command to give debug output. Maybe it gives some more information about the issue.
Or maybe you are using flatpak version of Lutris? this can porbably have some permission issues if you are not using flatseal to allow permissions afaik. I personally dont like flatpak stuff.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

MisterViktor

Post#305 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:45 am

Tell me how to solve the problem with incorrect rendering of the launcher, it is either filled with gray or artifacts?

xpander
Community Management

Post#306 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:14 am

MisterViktor wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:45 am Tell me how to solve the problem with incorrect rendering of the launcher, it is either filled with gray or artifacts?
That sounds like GPU driver issue. Intel IGP?
Turn off DXVK then or try Older version of DXVK. Intel Drivers Vulkan support is pretty bad.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

MisterViktor

Post#307 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:44 am

I have an Nvidia GT 1030, the game was running well before, but there were some problems with the launcher when rendering, after updating the video card drivers and switching to the new Debian, the launcher stopped rendering at all, although it starts.

xpander
Community Management

Post#308 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:24 am

MisterViktor wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:44 am I have an Nvidia GT 1030, the game was running well before, but there were some problems with the launcher when rendering, after updating the video card drivers and switching to the new Debian, the launcher stopped rendering at all, although it starts.
I think you need at least 515.xx drivers for latest DXVK to work. Does the game work without DXVK at least?
with older DXVK versions to make the launcher render you can create a dxvk.conf file into RoR directory, or if you have already, then add:

[RoRLauncher.exe]
d3d9.shaderModel = 1
edit: maybe you are running nvidia opensource drivers instead the official ones? that could also explain it. their opensource drivers are pretty bad with graphics API support etc. Always use proprietary drivers with nvidia.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
MisterViktor

Post#309 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:54 pm

xpander wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:14 am
MisterViktor wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:45 am Tell me how to solve the problem with incorrect rendering of the launcher, it is either filled with gray or artifacts?
That sounds like GPU driver issue. Intel IGP?
Turn off DXVK then or try Older version of DXVK. Intel Drivers Vulkan support is pretty bad.
Thank you very much, it works on older DXVK.

malark

Post#310 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:54 am

i'm not a full blown expert but my current recommendations for running this game on linux if you're using arch linux and AMD graphics and don't mind compiling your own packages:

1. A linux kernel with gang submit https://www.phoronix.com/news/AMDGPU-Gang-Submit-6.1

2. Mesa-git patched to have gang submit support: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/Venemo/m ... ang_submit

You can generate the patch with git by cloning the source repository and then merging it and then using git diff between your merged branch and origin/main
If anyone has greater interest in this I can give more steps

3. You can use wine-ge-custom AUR/PKGBUILD to make the wine package
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wine-ge-custom best to edit it to set the march to native
or I personally prefer to use wine-tkg https://github.com/Frogging-Family/wine ... ne-tkg-git
default with ESYNC and FSR enabled in the customization file and also in the PKGBUILD file, before the last 'if' section:

# Doesn't compile without remove these flags as of 4.10
  export CFLAGS="${CFLAGS/-fno-plt/}"
  export CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS/-fno-plt/}"
  export LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS/,-z,now/}"
  # MingW Wine builds fail with relro
  export LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS/,-z,relro/}"

export CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe"
  export CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe"
  export LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed"

export CFLAGS+=" -mno-avx2 -mfpmath=sse -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -gdwarf-2 -gstrict-dwarf"
  export CXXFLAGS+=" -mno-avx2 -mfpmath=sse -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -gdwarf-2 -gstrict-dwarf -std=c++17"

export CROSSCFLAGS="$CFLAGS"
  export CROSSCXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS"
  export CROSSLDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -Wl,--file-alignment,4096"
4. DXVK I run https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/dxvk-async-git AUR package

In the dxvk.conf file I set the anisotropic filter level to 4 seems to still run smooth on my 6700 XT doing that and it looks WAY better and d3d9.floatEmulation = True

5. run the game with:

WINEDEBUG=-all AMD_VULKAN_ICD=radv WINE_FULLSCREEN_FSR=1 WINE_FULLSCREEN_FSR_STRENGTH=3 WINE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE=1 WINEFSYNC=0 WINEESYNC=1 WINEFSYNC_FUTEX2=0 DXVK_ASYNC=1 RADV_PERFTEST=nggc,sam,dccmsaa firejail --ignore=seccomp wine  RoRLauncher.exe
take out "firejail --ignore=seccomp" if you arnen't using firejail, also i'm not 100% sure about the radv_perftest stuff, sometimes it seems to just ignore what you set there anyway

and that's it, pretty smooth result these days doing that

6. oh there's the radeon-profile app to where you can change profiles and try the "3D_FULL_SCREEN" one https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/radeon-profile-git you might have to run it as root though or with sudo etc
Last edited by malark on Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.