Recent Topics

Ads

[Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
xpander
Community Management

Re: [Linux] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#291 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:35 pm

Brutalicius wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:29 pm
so to summarize we can't launch the game in 64 bit but in 32 bit with the 515 driver with ubuntu
I dont know what you exactly mean by that. Let me explain.

-Warhammer Online Return of Reckoning is a 32bit game. Even if you select the 64bit from Launcher, its still 32bit. Its just stupidly named in the Launcher.
-Ubuntu (or any Linux distro) these days is 64bit Operating system, but for legacy support there are 32bit libraries installed along side 64bit, to make legacy 32bit applications work.

So my speculation on your issue is that maybe for some reason the 32bit version of the drivers didnt get installed for whatever reason and thatshy it doesnt launch with DXVK. I could be wrong ofc.

Best thing to do is to go to Lutris, Warhammer Online. Click configure, take the Runner Options tab. Scroll down and find Output debugging info. Set it to enabled. Save it.
Then click on Warhammer Online with right click on Lutris and take Show Log. Then try to run it. It should throw errors there. Paste it here if you cant figure out yourself. (use pastebin.com link for example)
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
Brutalicius

Post#292 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:55 pm

xpander wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:35 pm
Brutalicius wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:29 pm
so to summarize we can't launch the game in 64 bit but in 32 bit with the 515 driver with ubuntu
I dont know what you exactly mean by that. Let me explain.

-Warhammer Online Return of Reckoning is a 32bit game. Even if you select the 64bit from Launcher, its still 32bit. Its just stupidly named in the Launcher.
-Ubuntu (or any Linux distro) these days is 64bit Operating system, but for legacy support there are 32bit libraries installed along side 64bit, to make legacy 32bit applications work.

So my speculation on your issue is that maybe for some reason the 32bit version of the drivers didnt get installed for whatever reason and thatshy it doesnt launch with DXVK. I could be wrong ofc.

Best thing to do is to go to Lutris, Warhammer Online. Click configure, take the Runner Options tab. Scroll down and find Output debugging info. Set it to enabled. Save it.
Then click on Warhammer Online with right click on Lutris and take Show Log. Then try to run it. It should throw errors there. Paste it here if you cant figure out yourself. (use pastebin.com link for example)
When I set the client to 32 it works.
I just put the client in 64 bit and it works!
I don't understand anything anymore ahaha :D

Brutalicius

Post#293 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:58 pm

I switched the client from 64 to 32 bit
And then from 32 to 64 bit, I can now run the game without any problem.
I don't understand what happened.

xpander
Community Management

Post#294 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:00 pm

Super strange :D ... maybe some stuff wasnt fully verified for whatever reason.
But glad it works now.
Disable the output debugging also if you enabled it. As it can reduce performance tiny bit :)

Currently both 64bit and 32bit in the Launcher are exactly the same. Both are 32bit, fps capped to 100 to not break animations and Large Address Aware patched to be able to use more than 2GB of RAM. So switching between them shouldnt change anything really.

Enjoy the game!
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Brutalicius

Post#295 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:02 pm

xpander wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:00 pm Super strange :D ... maybe some stuff wasnt fully verified for whatever reason.
But glad it works now.
Disable the output debugging also if you enabled it. As it can reduce performance tiny bit :)

Enjoy the game!
yes it's super strange :D
Thanks to you!

lolwut

Post#296 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:29 am

Hi! Very nice and easy to use guide, had no issues getting RoR running (no forts yet to test stability) on Ubuntu 22.04, with 30 series card, 515 driver and DXVK, and now I'm just trying to get vkbasalt working, because it's hard to stop when you are messing with these things. I have built it for i386
Spoiler:
On fresh install I had no libs nor build tools of any kind, these seemed to suffice.

Code: Select all

# apt install build-essential gcc-multilib libx11-dev libx11-dev:i386 glslang-tools spirv-headers g++-multilib meson libvulkan-dev
# ASFLAGS=--32 CFLAGS=-m32 CXXFLAGS=-m32 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkgconfig meson --prefix=/usr --buildtype=release --libdir=lib/i386-linux-gnu -Dwith_json=false builddir.32
# ninja -C builddir.32 install
, and it appears to be installed where it should be:

$ ldconfig -p | grep basalt
libvkbasalt.so (libc6) => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libvkbasalt.so
Unfortunately, ENABLE_VKBASALT=1 in Lutris env vars doesn't do anything; there are no mentions of vkbasalt in log that I can access by right clicking RoR entry in Lutris interface. I tried to force loading vkbasalt via LD_PRELOAD, but it, unfortunately, fails, as RoR launcher is, apparently, a proper 64-bit app. Or is it? Or is it the issue with "Prefix architecture" being 64 bit in "Game options tab"?
Ain't Nobody Gafflin Me.

xpander
Community Management

Post#297 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:39 pm

Hmm just in case, build both 64 and 32bit. maybe some initial hooking by wine goes through 64bit before the game launches and hooks the 32bit version. I also have 64bit prefix so that shouldn't be a problem.

im getting this:

$ ldconfig -p | grep basalt
libvkbasalt.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/libvkbasalt.so
libvkbasalt.so (libc6) => /usr/lib32/libvkbasalt.so
Can you try it with some other games to see if it hooks up fine. maybe check with some 64bit games if vkbasalt is working properly first?

my Lutris environment variables, just in case:
Spoiler:
I have some extra things that are not needed like LD_PRELOAD and steam overlay stuff, thats to fix the issues when launching through steam. Not needed for everyone
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Jbb421

Post#298 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:14 am

Psianh wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:30 pm Oh well, thanks for taking a look at least! Guess I'll see y'all in a few days :D
Were you ever able to find a fix? mines doing the same installed lutris with pacman

Also thanks for the guide xpander!

Ads
CrumbsFromSoup

Post#299 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:39 am

I can confirm that I am also running into the issue where it's trying to download the whole game again.

xpander
Community Management

Post#300 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:44 am

CrumbsFromSoup wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:39 am I can confirm that I am also running into the issue where it's trying to download the whole game again.
On Linux?
Are you maybe using flatpak version of Lutris for whatever reason?
flatpak version i think requires flatseal support to enable permissions. Stupid sandboxing stuff.
IF you can do a normal Lutris package install and if your drives are mounted with correct permissions, it shouldnt be an issue
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos