Recent Topics

Ads

[KOTBS] Gottschalt's Guide To Gnight.

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
PintOfAle

Re: [KOTBS] Gottschalt's Guide To Gnight.

Post#21 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:02 pm

stingus wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:00 pm is it me or the links to the builds are not working anymore? I am sure they were working some days ago.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49409

builder links is broken atm
Norsevein - Mara - inactive
Pintofale - SH - inactive

Oolee - IB

Ads
stingus

Post#22 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:31 am

that for sure explains it!
cheers

fredrikhuhtanen

Post#23 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:14 pm

Hey, I am brand new to Return to Reckoning and I would love to play a 2h KOTBS. Can you make it work? I am aware that the KOTBS isn’t a dps class, I am fine with being a tank or hybrid, can you make that work with 2h (I just like the looks) or is it just significantly worse than sword and shield and what build is needed to make it work?

CyunUnderis

Post#24 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:09 pm

fredrikhuhtanen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:14 pm Hey, I am brand new to Return to Reckoning and I would love to play a 2h KOTBS. Can you make it work? I am aware that the KOTBS isn’t a dps class, I am fine with being a tank or hybrid, can you make that work with 2h (I just like the looks) or is it just significantly worse than sword and shield and what build is needed to make it work?
2h Knight is working at the moment : really great for group/WB, not so good for solo roaming.

zgolec

Post#25 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:19 am

fredrikhuhtanen wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:14 pm Hey, I am brand new to Return to Reckoning and I would love to play a 2h KOTBS. Can you make it work? I am aware that the KOTBS isn’t a dps class, I am fine with being a tank or hybrid, can you make that work with 2h (I just like the looks) or is it just significantly worse than sword and shield and what build is needed to make it work?
Rule no 1: don't try to go 2h for dmg numbers. It will not work. Dmg of KOTBS comparing to chosen... or any other tank is nerfed beyond ground level.

Go 2h for utility / 2h banish darkness for faster punt cd, focus on defensive stats, kotbs got lowest avoidance and initiative of all tanks... So FS, Reflexes and deft defender are your friends for life. Ap aura, resistance and heal with focused mending is way to go - if you got runies in your grp you can switch ap for str, toughness or whatever is demand from group. Stick to your dps, challenge dps, taunt / vicious slash when you see healers rez or dps chanel their abilities. Try not to use KD on your own rather when your grp is working on opponent to make easier kill.

Get enemy addon, tether - or full guard pack - whatever suits you.
Enjoy only order tank in proper plate not in dress :P
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Mieloch

Post#26 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:25 pm

What gear should 2h kotbs focus? offence(str) or defence(toughnes/ wounds)? Can i be successful as snb kotbs?

Zxul

Post#27 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:58 pm

zgolec wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:19 am Rule no 1: don't try to go 2h for dmg numbers. It will not work. Dmg of KOTBS comparing to chosen... or any other tank is nerfed beyond ground level.
Still not sure its actually true btw. I suspect with something like this build, stacking dmg aura/melee reflect aura/Shield of the Sun from one hand, and Precision Strike/ Myrmidia's Fury combined with ws stacking from other hand, kotb can do a very decent dmg. Used similar build on chosen long ago, and it worked very fine.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,8059,8045
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

yhani

Post#28 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:57 pm

if you want to deal dmg as kotbs I think it is easiest if you use +2 morale fleshrender jewelry and +2 morale off-sov jewelry....you can have tank set so you can survive and you dont have to build str & weaponskill at all. I have never seen tanky 2hander kotbs, they die very easily in big fights

1m: guardian of light is decent because it last 30 secs and its also fast loading "oh sh*t" -button...champions challenge is alright too but its very situational
2m: raze, good range & damage but you have to time it well
3m: no escape, you get it ready in one minute with good morale gear... its nice when you push, its nice on defend, its also decent kill shot
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

Ads
memesperg

Post#29 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:17 am

as a person that mains Kotbs this topic contents & replys are all kinds of wrong my advice dont use this guide or forum cookie cutter builds, lots of effort when into this topic so its sad most of it all all kinds of wrong & bias

yhani

Post#30 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:40 am

memesperg wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:17 am as a person that mains Kotbs this topic contents & replys are all kinds of wrong my advice dont use this guide or forum cookie cutter builds, lots of effort when into this topic so its sad most of it all all kinds of wrong & bias
what you did here is you farted and then you left room
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+