Recent Topics

Ads

How to maximise bolstering in T2+ ( Sc / RVR) ?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
thomas1995

How to maximise bolstering in T2+ ( Sc / RVR) ?

Post#1 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:09 am

Question is in the title,

How do I maximise the bolstering effect ? What should I look for on my gear? Talis ? Potions?

Thank you in advance

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: How to maximise bolstering in T2+ ( Sc / RVR) ?

Post#2 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:21 am

Always use lvl 15+ armour potion wounds/armour talismans on every piece of gear. Get Keeper set or obliterator/challenger set and there is lvl 17 gear that has good procs but i dont remember where to get the quests to get them.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

NSKaneda

Post#3 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:26 am

thomas1995 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:09 am How do I maximise the bolstering effect ? What should I look for on my gear? Talis ? Potions?
There are few things you can do to get max bolstered stats:

1. Wear armour set. Or amour sets mixed and matched for maximum stat efficiency. But for the love of Mork, wear lvl-appropiate gear. Armour sets will last you for days and keep your bolster at max for as long as you'd lvl up to wear new one. Also: renown > xp.

2. Scenario weapons are pretty easy to obtain and you will not have to spend gold on AH for purple ones. That being said many chapters hold blue inf weapons with great stats. And cool looking armour pieces to be used as alternative appearance..

3. Talismans in gear. It's a must, no excuses. If you can't afford AH ones craft them yourself - 30min scavenging trip will get you 15-20 gold, 1-2 levels and bagfull worth of talisman materials - green, blue, purple.
You don't have to slot purple ones however. Blue ones (+18, +19) are fine.

4. Jewels - you don't have to exchange them every 2-3 levels but wearing T1 jewels on lvl25 can and will gimp you.

5. Pots. You can have 1 stat pot, 1 armour pot and 1 renown pot (don't know if xp reduction scroll nullifies renown pot, I'm kinda reluctant to test ;) ). They will give you an edge but they cannot even out weak gear. Optional stuff until you reach late lvl30s.

6. Extra edge - get all buffs your party can give. Scenarios rebolster you on every join so you'd have to rebuff every time one starts - it's good to remember that in premades.

Gud huntin'! :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Sulorie

Post#4 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:48 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:21 am Always use lvl 15+ armour potion wounds/armour talismans on every piece of gear. Get Keeper set or obliterator/challenger set and there is lvl 17 gear that has good procs but i dont remember where to get the quests to get them.
The talisman choice is hardly something you can tell new players, as armor talismans are the most expensive and those would be only good for tanks/healers anyway. DD with armor talis deal no dmg. :)
Additionally, new players have a hard time to judge, whether something e.g. talismans is cheap and a good buy.

------------------------------------------------------

People make a lot mistakes even with T1 gear and in general, when you don't regularly lead sc scores on either heal or dd, you most likely benefit less from any gear specify tips, as you need more practice with your class overall.

But lets assume you know how to play your char and have good success in T1, then the following will help your progress gear-wise in T2-3 at 16+.

Start to find a group for city dungeons to get keeper set. This and a few sc later you are already lvl 17.
Buy lvl16 talismans, at least green ones. Depends on archetype, healers can get cheap blue willpower talismans.
Often the crafting material is much cheaper than the talismans itself, so self-crafting might be worth the effort.
Overall, at lowlvl = sub T4, willpower and wounds are no bad choice for a healer, especially, when you don't have the gold so afford armor talismans.

Toy around with the filters on auction house or ask in /ad channel to discover the names of the talismans you want.
Then filter for price and rank to find a good one you can purchase.
There is absolutely no excuse for using no talismans at any level, because they are cheap to buy, when you don't go with blue or purple rarity.

Get blue sc weapons at lvl 20+ and jewel/belt/cloak either from vendors in city or random drops in sc with minimum green rarity.

Purple T2 epic quest shoulder/helm are an option but when you don't want to spend time doing epic quests (gives lots of xp but no rp), keeper set is the way to go, especially when you want to use the 5pc bonus. The procs on those epic quest items are rather low, so not super important to get.

From now on just rank up via pvp, no pve grind/quests required. When you want to farm mobs for crafting, I suggest to use xp reduction scroll bought at mount vendor.

While you progress, update gear from vendors, whenever you get something better. Keeper set you can replace in the mid 20s, either with vendor stuff or random drops. Remember to use talismans.

For some classes, full Mayhem set at rank 25 is so OP, it's even better than devastator/duelist at rank 29. But this requires some pve t3 pq farming. When you have a guild, they could help you.

For all other classes, the next step is rank 26-29 for devastator/duelist set and appropriate talismans. You should have the funds to buy blue talismans and from now on it is strongly advised to use xp reduction scroll.

Random green drops sold to vendor should provide enough money to even buy armor potions, unless you can craft them yourself. Check how much money you make per hour and then you know, how much you can spend for buff potions. You will earn more than you need and therefore gather money over time.

Farm some renown ranks and keep learning your class. You should be rr40+ by the time you make rank 35, more is better.
Buy the sc weapons whenever you can buy a new one.
For many classes the rvr sets are better. Join rvr and work towards a few zone locks and you have all medallion to buy the sets.
At lvl 36 you can check out epic T4 quests to see whether some of the weapons have procs useful to you. Remember to use -xp scroll. Tome jewel sets, especially for defensive builds can be farmed, check wiki for information.

When you level slow with xp reduction, you will stay longer in lower tiers and therefore have more time to actually learn your class. On rank 40 only a few classes get new noteworthy skills - albeit very strong ones - so you can experience almost all skills and tactics.
It might be more interesting for a new player to experience the lvl 40 game as fast as possible but you are far from prepared and it can lead to frustration, when you lack all the knowledge about pvp mechanics. Learning how keep/fort/city siege works on the other hand can be learned rather fast.

Another thing you have to do as a new player is to get a proper UI, because default UI is horrible and makes it impossible to play "good", especially as a tank or healer.
All this are basics you should learn before you enter the big boy pool of rank 40 rr80 players. It's not like you encounter only high rr premades in T4, not even close but you will feel a better impact of your own performance, when you are no longer green behind the ears. :)
Dying is no option.