Recent Topics

Ads

Appearance Guide - Updated 18/06/2021

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Emissary
Community Management

Re: Appearance Guide - Updated 18/06/2021

Post#191 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:36 pm

Is their a link for all the kotbs shields and where to get them?
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Ads
Omegus

Post#192 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:27 pm

Some of the items - like the shoulders listed on the "Havoc" set, have been moved to rewards for a new quest. For destro the quest is named "Vanity Is Its Own Reward" and starts in the Slaanesh area of IC.

To give you an idea of the amount of work now involved in getting shoulders which were part of the regular loot table, to get the sholders the questline has you:

edit: This guide is now pretty much complete as I have finished the entire quest chain

1) Complete every single PQ in Nordland and Norsca, 1 by 1, typically running back to the camp after each PQ to progress the quest. You do get dyes and other random items at each stage. This is 10 PQs for tier 1. As you are debolstered down to rank 10, you will be moving everywhere on your 25% Pack Mule mount (if you deleted it then you can re-buy it) and only have access to abilities and tactics up to level 10. The hard PQs have heroes in them and typically I was having to kite the Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 PQ heroes in order to complete them solo on a healer.

2) Next you go to T2, where you have to complete every hard PQ in Ostland and Troll Country. This is 5 hard PQs with a trip to the chapter camp after each one. The "Havoc" shoulders are the quest reward for completing the hard PQ at chapter 9 (the final T2 PQ). No, you cannot jump ahead to this chain - you need to do all 15 PQs to get those shoulders. The good news is that there is no debolster in tier 2 so you can use all of your abilities, tactics and your 60% mount.

Other rewards for the T2 PQ quests are the "Obliterator" helm, "Obliterator" shoulders, "Havoc/Obliterator" belt and "Keeper" belt. Going by how those items are in my inventory I would guess that those are the rewards for the Chapter 5/6/7/8 quests in that order.

3) The chain is now continuing into T3 and is giving a new set as rewards. As before it's making you do all of the hard PQs.

Chapter 10 quest gives gives the belt from the new set
Chapter 11 quest gives the "Stalker" belt appearance
Chapter 12 quest gives the "Devastator/Mayhem" belt appearance
Chapter 13 quest gives the "Stalker" helm appearance (you need to kill a R26 Lord for this BTW, all of the other bosses prior have been Heroes)
Chapter 14 quest gives the cape from the new set (image below). This was back to killing a hero.

4) The chain continues into T4 hard PQs.

Chapter 15 quest gives the "Annihilator/Ruin" belt appearance.
Chapter 16 quest gives the final set piece (jewel)

5) Once chapter 16 is done you return to the city and start the next part of the quest. It is now sending you into dungeons.

Mount Gunbad: kill "Big Oaf" to get the "Redeye" belt appearance and some Slaaneshi dyes

6) That's the end of the quest chain. There doesn't seem to be anyway of repeating it so if you delete the items then you're screwed.

edit: this is the Zealot items for the new set that is in the quest chain.
edit 2: it doesn't say "Zealot" on it and it actually has weapon skill. Onto the bug tracker it goes...
Spoiler:
Last edited by Omegus on Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:01 am, edited 9 times in total.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Sinisterror

Post#193 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:20 am

Omegus wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:27 pm Some of the items - like the shoulders listed on the "Havoc" set, have been moved to rewards for a new quest. For destro the quest is named "Vanity Is Its Own Reward" and starts in the Slaanesh area of IC.

To give you an idea of the amount of work now involved in getting shoulders which were part of the regular loot table, to get the sholders the questline has you:

1) Complete every single PQ in Nordland and Norsca, 1 by 1, typically running back to the camp after each PQ to progress the quest. You do get dyes and other random items at each stage. This is 10 PQs for tier 1. As you are debolstered down to rank 10, you will be moving everywhere on your 25% Pack Mule mount (if you deleted it then you can re-buy it) and only have access to abilities and tactics up to level 10. The hard PQs have heroes in them and typically I was having to kite the Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 PQ heroes in order to complete them solo on a healer.

2) Next you go to T2, where you have to complete every hard PQ in Ostland and Troll Country. This is 5 hard PQs with a trip to the chapter camp after each one. The "Havoc" shoulders are the quest reward for completing the hard PQ at chapter 9 (the final T2 PQ). No, you cannot jump ahead to this chain - you need to do all 15 PQs to get those shoulders. The good news is that there is no debolster in tier 2 so you can use all of your abilities, tactics and your 60% mount.

Other rewards for the T2 PQ quests are the "Obliterator" helm, "Obliterator" shoulders, "Havoc/Obliterator" belt and "Keeper" belt. Going by how those items are in my inventory I would guess that those are the rewards for the Chapter 5/6/7/8 quests in that order.

3) The chain is now continuing into T3 and is giving a new set as rewards. As before it's making you do all of the hard PQs.

Chapter 11 quest gives the "Stalker" belt
Chapter 12 quest gives the "Devastator/Mayhem" belt
Chapter 13 quest gives the "Stalker" helm

edit: rather than complete the chapter 13 hard PQ, the quest forces you to kill the optional R26 lord that spawns at the last stage of the PQ. I can't do this on my Zealot within the time limit so that's the end of my guide to this quest unless I magically find someone else doing the same PQ at the same time, which I doubt...

edit 2: this is the first item of the new set that is in the quest chain:
Spoiler:
I like the jewel slot on belt! I dont like less items available on appearance or needing to do ALOT to get items that used to be in 1 pq bag. I wonder do you get T4 gear from this quest at all or at least more unique looking items?
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Omegus

Post#194 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:43 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:20 amI like the jewel slot on belt! I dont like less items available on appearance or needing to do ALOT to get items that used to be in 1 pq bag. I wonder do you get T4 gear from this quest at all or at least more unique looking items?
I managed to get help from a former guildy on their tank (with the biggest forehead in the world) to kill the lord on Chapter 13 so I'm now back on the quest. Chapter 14 gives the 2nd piece of the set (a cape, no talisman slot). I'll keep on the quest as long as possible and will post the rewards. So far the item rewards have been unique pieces with the appearances that match the appearance guide.

edit: quest chain completed, post above updated
Last edited by Omegus on Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

space44

Post#195 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:39 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:20 am
Omegus wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:27 pm Some of the items - like the shoulders listed on the "Havoc" set, have been moved to rewards for a new quest. For destro the quest is named "Vanity Is Its Own Reward" and starts in the Slaanesh area of IC.

Chapter 11 quest gives the "Stalker" belt
Chapter 12 quest gives the "Devastator/Mayhem" belt
Chapter 13 quest gives the "Stalker" helm

edit: rather than complete the chapter 13 hard PQ, the quest forces you to kill the optional R26 lord that spawns at the last stage of the PQ. I can't do this on my Zealot within the time limit so that's the end of my guide to this quest unless I magically find someone else doing the same PQ at the same time, which I doubt...

edit 2: this is the first item of the new set that is in the quest chain:
Spoiler:
I like the jewel slot on belt! I dont like less items available on appearance or needing to do ALOT to get items that used to be in 1 pq bag. I wonder do you get T4 gear from this quest at all or at least more unique looking items?
am i blind or that belt has no career
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

ekalime
Developer

Post#196 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:34 pm

Omegus wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:27 pm Some of the items - like the shoulders listed on the "Havoc" set, have been moved to rewards for a new quest.

Chapter 13 quest gives the "Stalker" helm appearance (you need to kill a R26 Lord for this BTW, all of the other bosses prior have been Heroes)

edit: this is the Zealot items for the new set that is in the quest chain.
edit 2: it doesn't say "Zealot" on it and it actually has weapon skill. Onto the bug tracker it goes...
A few bits of response/feedback to correct any misconceptions.
1. No items were 'moved' from sets or pq bags to this quest. All of these items are new and were created specifically to fill the gaps from the appearance guide. So if 'that belt' is rewarded in that quest, no it wasn't moved from the PQ bags to the quest, it was never in the PQ loot (in RoR anyway) and I added it in the quest line. Most of the belts were just random drops from npc kills. When I made the appearance guide I had a brain fart and didn't put 1 and 1 together to realize that the Havoc set didn't have shoulders, yet the image has those shoulder (which was an unavailable appearance for every class in the game.) Making a supplemental quest-line to fill in the gaps of the appearance guide was on my to-do list for a long time, but I was preoccupied putting up curtains in dwarfen halls.
1b. If someone does this questline and obtains the armor sets via their normal means (so havoc via t2 PQs or T1 RvR for Decimator) then they will have every item for the appearance.

2. The Lord kill for the chapter 13 PQ is intentional though it is not part of the PQ. Order's PQ requires the lord to be killed whereas Destro's requires you to bat your eyelashes at the lord and blow a horn. For the sake of balance in the quest-line, both factions have to kill a lord for this stage of the quest.

3. The accessory set is not specific for any class, it is a generic set that may or may not be useful much like the other accessory sets acquired via PvE. Having weapon skill is not a bug, it's a feature. Besides, last I heard you want to melee on your zealot so you're welcome. ;)

No one is forced to do the quest, but if they want a rare appearance, then a bit of effort is worth it.

P.S. Your writeup makes me think you hacked my documentation and know which pieces went where >.>

Omegus

Post#197 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:00 am

ekalime wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:34 pmP.S. Your writeup makes me think you hacked my documentation and know which pieces went where >.>
I did the whole chain and the item rewards literally say which appearance set they belong to :P

Shoulders with the Havoc appearance initially were not in the PQs, but then they were added (99% sure it was added to PQs rather than a vendor) sometime in May 2020. I remember having a race with another Zealot to see who could get them first (and I lost), and then upon getting them realised that the sticky-out bits are bones and not candles and deciding not to use it. I tried to get the item again many months later and have been unable to find it in any PQs or vendors.

Do you have The Power to check where else the Havoc shoulder appearance items drop from, just in case it's a bug and the PQ/vendor items were changed by accident?

edit: as for the quest line: it has a lot of rare dyes, so anyone who wants rare dyes to use or sell for good gold should do the quest chain.

Cultist

Post#198 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:55 am

For a magus, is there any way to get the initial robe you start the game with?

I just realized it looks amazing on black but I trashed it :(

Ads
space44

Post#199 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:02 am

Cultist wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:55 am For a magus, is there any way to get the initial robe you start the game with?

go to IC go all the way south to the MAIN gate that goes to the Maw youll see a NPC cosmetic vendor goblin. it sells nothing special but the rags every class starts with.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Cultist

Post#200 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:07 am

space44 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:02 am
Cultist wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:55 am For a magus, is there any way to get the initial robe you start the game with?

go to IC go all the way south to the MAIN gate that goes to the Maw youll see a NPC cosmetic vendor goblin. it sells nothing special but the rags every class starts with.
Amazing, thanks a lot