Recent Topics

Ads

[Fix] Could not download file from server. (WAR.64.exe)

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Dessad

Re: [Fix] Could not download file from server. (WAR.64.exe)

Post#81 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:51 am

So, what do I need to do to get this to work?

I have Full Control/Admin permission to the folder ... copied War.exe and War-64.exe files from links provided in this thread ... I run the launcher as Administrator ... and yet the launcher keeps throwing this "Could not download file from server. (WAR-64.exe)" exception.

Ads
grapefruit

Post#82 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:57 am

Same issue...

Crewcop

Post#83 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:03 am

Yeah no virus blocking etc.

Mythrendir

Post#84 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:22 am

Same here! I did everything as stated, even repaired, rebooted etc. and still says " Couldn't Download file from Server (war-64.exe). Please help thanks!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#85 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:56 am

Check back tomorrow. EU gits are sleeping, but they have a message to clean it up.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Crewcop

Post#86 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:18 am

The download button(not torrent) gives me the "you internet connection seems to have dropped out! Please reconnect and click Retry to resume downloading...

Slacks

Post#87 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:22 am

Crewcop wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:18 am The download button(not torrent) gives me the "you internet connection seems to have dropped out! Please reconnect and click Retry to resume downloading...
Same issue, the torrent worked better if you can get that. I have the "Could not download file from server (WAR.exe)" error now as others do.

Eduardo12

Post#88 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:04 am

Slacks wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:22 am
Crewcop wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:18 am The download button(not torrent) gives me the "you internet connection seems to have dropped out! Please reconnect and click Retry to resume downloading...
Same issue, the torrent worked better if you can get that. I have the "Could not download file from server (WAR.exe)" error now as others do.
Yep, same issue here. Getting the same error. I've also replaced both WAR.exe files.

Ads
Mythrendir

Post#89 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:10 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:56 am Check back tomorrow. EU gits are sleeping, but they have a message to clean it up.

THANK YOU! see you guys tomorrow.

gyilkosmokus

Post#90 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:45 am

I downloaded the game yesterday. I tried to download both possibility, did all of these steps to both and none of them works for me. I still get the original error. It could not download the WAR.exe from the server.
Please help.