Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher Downloading >100k files?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
IronTempleDog

Launcher Downloading >100k files?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:38 pm

Hey all. The title says it all. When I try to launch the game, the launcher starts downloading many thousands of files. I just started playing yesterday & everything started out fine. I logged off for a while & came back & when I loaded up the game it started downloading 172k files. I thought I might have done something wrong so I closed the launcher & rebooted with the updater which went fine. I played for a while & logged off. Today when I sat down to log on again, it started with the file download (167k today) no matter whether I used the launcher or the installer. I'm thinking about trying a fresh install, but I thought I'd check in here first incase there's a simple fix that I missed. I hope I haven't missed an answer to this question in the forums. I'm going to go look again while I wait to hear back from you. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I really enjoy the game a lot & hope to get back to playing it ASAP!

Ads
Lilim

Re: Launcher Downloading >100k files?

Post#2 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:41 pm

IronTempleDog wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:38 pm Hey all. The title says it all. When I try to launch the game, the launcher starts downloading many thousands of files. I just started playing yesterday & everything started out fine. I logged off for a while & came back & when I loaded up the game it started downloading 172k files. I thought I might have done something wrong so I closed the launcher & rebooted with the updater which went fine. I played for a while & logged off. Today when I sat down to log on again, it started with the file download (167k today) no matter whether I used the launcher or the installer. I'm thinking about trying a fresh install, but I thought I'd check in here first incase there's a simple fix that I missed. I hope I haven't missed an answer to this question in the forums. I'm going to go look again while I wait to hear back from you. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I really enjoy the game a lot & hope to get back to playing it ASAP!
Hey,

so this is the short install guide, check it, maybe you missed a step and that's the reason why he wants to download the whole game again.

How to Install:
- Stop your Torrent from seeding (close it, maybe check your task manager)
- Move the RoR Folder to c:\
- Unblock the launcher (right click RoRLauncher.exe -> properties -> click Unblock button)
- Check if your whole RoR Folder is whitelisted in your Antivir program
- Remove the write-protection (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable read-only) from all the files in the WAR folder.
- You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges. (Right click the RoR updater > properties > run administrator)
- Run RoRLauncher.exe
- Let it update (wait a few seconds)
- Exit launcher and rerun it again
- Repeat the last 2-steps until there is no update
- Launch the game

IronTempleDog

Post#3 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Lilim wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:41 pm
IronTempleDog wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:38 pm Hey all. The title says it all. When I try to launch the game, the launcher starts downloading many thousands of files. I just started playing yesterday & everything started out fine. I logged off for a while & came back & when I loaded up the game it started downloading 172k files. I thought I might have done something wrong so I closed the launcher & rebooted with the updater which went fine. I played for a while & logged off. Today when I sat down to log on again, it started with the file download (167k today) no matter whether I used the launcher or the installer. I'm thinking about trying a fresh install, but I thought I'd check in here first incase there's a simple fix that I missed. I hope I haven't missed an answer to this question in the forums. I'm going to go look again while I wait to hear back from you. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I really enjoy the game a lot & hope to get back to playing it ASAP!
Hey,

so this is the short install guide, check it, maybe you missed a step and that's the reason why he wants to download the whole game again.

How to Install:
- Stop your Torrent from seeding (close it, maybe check your task manager)
- Move the RoR Folder to c:\
- Unblock the launcher (right click RoRLauncher.exe -> properties -> click Unblock button)
- Check if your whole RoR Folder is whitelisted in your Antivir program
- Remove the write-protection (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable read-only) from all the files in the WAR folder.
- You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges. (Right click the RoR updater > properties > run administrator)
- Run RoRLauncher.exe
- Let it update (wait a few seconds)
- Exit launcher and rerun it again
- Repeat the last 2-steps until there is no update
- Launch the game
Will do, though I'm pretty sure I did all of this & also the game ran fine a few times yesterday. Though there may be corrupted files or something I suppose. Ok, thank you very much. Doing now.

IronTempleDog

Post#4 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:16 pm

That did the trick. I must have missed something first time around. Thanks for your help & patience!

IronTempleDog

Post#5 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:35 pm

Aaaaaaaaand now it's doing it again. I had a problem with my backpack (couldn't access quest items) followed the suggested fix (repair) & now my launcher wants to download the whole game again. What am I doing wrong here?

Akalukz

Post#6 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:05 pm

I would think its a read-only issue or subfolder in the wrong place. If you don't get it figured out, PM me later and I can try to remote into your pc if u want, to help you out.
-= Agony =-

MaxHayman
Management

Post#7 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:17 pm

Does it say Verifying? If so its just doing an intergrity check on all the files and takes around 10-15 mins.
Max Hayman

Brutality

Post#8 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:57 am

I'm having this same issue, and tried everything mentioned above.. still insists on downloading 130k items after verifying 7 ART folders. I don't know what to do here

Ads