Recent Topics

Ads

Sentinel ring - what to slot for tank 2h and Shield builds? (for IB primarily but would like to know all)

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ChicagoJoe

Sentinel ring - what to slot for tank 2h and Shield builds? (for IB primarily but would like to know all)

Post#1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:32 pm

How do the pros use the sentinel items?

Thinking that +6% block looks to be best in game so that is easy for shield builds, but help me if I am missing something.

+54 melee power looks to be fools gold as it isn't truly effective until you soft cap strength and as a 2H IB even with sov/warlord mixes I sacrifice too much to boost strength that much - If it is worth it please correct me.
I was thinking 4% crit reduction so I can use the 15 points for futile strikes III elsewhere which can buff a stat 48 points with 14.

Are the +36 stats worth it?
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads
Baaldr

Re: Sentinel ring - what to slot for tank 2h and Shield builds? (for IB primarily but would like to know all)

Post#2 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:58 pm

4crit or 6 parry

zumos2

Re: Sentinel ring - what to slot for tank 2h and Shield builds? (for IB primarily but would like to know all)

Post#3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:02 pm

Never take +36. If you wanna dps, then melee crit. If you wanna be tanky with shield, then block, if you wanna be tanky with 2H, then parry.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

ChicagoJoe

Post#4 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:13 pm

Silly question here as I am 3000 influence from getting the jewelry, but do you ultimately get 2 jewelrys from the CT quests? One each side like the first two levels of rewards?

If so, if possible, has anyone considered putting a normal talisman in the 2nd so you always have one to use... thinking a +2% bloodlord item or a 180 armor or a 24. I would assume that a non soul talisman would be permanent not 7 day.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Fenris78

Post#5 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:51 pm

It's not possible to slot normal talismans into Sentinel jewelry.

To answer the OP question, consider both +6% parry AND +6% Parry striketrough, since you main issues will be either be more resistant AND applying your debuffs to enemy.

Furthermore, 4% crit may actually just be inferior to +36 STR for dmg increases, unless you got +% crit damages on your tank.
And +36 STR will also help hitting (and applying buffs), making the best of two worlds (while being widely inferior to the +6% Parry ST in that purpose).