[6on6] Healer POV AM SA ZE

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Asharona

Re: [6on6] Heal AM POV

Post#21 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:25 pm

Good stuff, keep it up !

Ads
Cimba

Post#22 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:39 pm

Asharona wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:25 pm Good stuff, keep it up !

Pretty chaotic fight with good ol' Zarbix on Scout SW.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Kurama

Post#23 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:24 am

Thank you for showing order how overrated Run Away is, it's all about positioning . 6v6 AM is better than shaman due to healing capabilities imo. Btw how much wounds are you running?
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Cimba

Post#24 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:31 pm

Kurama wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:24 am Thank you for showing order how overrated Run Away is, it's all about positioning . 6v6 AM is better than shaman due to healing capabilities imo. Btw how much wounds are you running?
IMO Run Away makes you lazy because you can get away with a lot of stupid plays. In the solo ranked videos I'm typcially running with 8.2k wounds without buffs. I dont know if AM is per se better than shaman in 6on6. AM is a bit better with reactionary burst healing but cleansing with tactic or eov spam + cd decreaser is pretty strong and destro has of course a lot better access to cd decreaser.

Anyway I'm back from holiday break. This was an interesting scenario from a healer perspective with two decent enemy dps on WE + mSH. The tanks didnt telegraph the WEs position (except once I think) and I dont want to drain the WE. So I lost track of the WE a couple of times and got caught.

I also started playing with Blinding Light M2 because I noticed that I dont have the AP regen to actually properly use Focused Mind in most solo ranked. Not sure if its worthwhile as of yet. We will see.

Ysaran

Post#25 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 am

Cimba wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:31 pm IMO Run Away makes you lazy because you can get away with a lot of stupid plays. In the solo ranked videos I'm typcially running with 8.2k wounds without buffs. I dont know if AM is per se better than shaman in 6on6. AM is a bit better with reactionary burst healing but cleansing with tactic or eov spam + cd decreaser is pretty strong and destro has of course a lot better access to cd decreaser.

Anyway I'm back from holiday break. This was an interesting scenario from a healer perspective with two decent enemy dps on WE + mSH. The tanks didnt telegraph the WEs position (except once I think) and I dont want to drain the WE. So I lost track of the WE a couple of times and got caught.

I also started playing with Blinding Light M2 because I noticed that I dont have the AP regen to actually properly use Focused Mind in most solo ranked. Not sure if its worthwhile as of yet. We will see.
Cool video as always! I agree on Run Away!. I mean, if AM can heal without it, shaman can too. Even before the nerf, it wasn't worthy to be slotted in 6v6 IMHO.
I'm not a pro AM (and neither a pro Shaman, anyway) but i think they are quite comparable in 6v6. in this environment CD decreser aren't used much. BO usualy take's You Wot! and Choppa use Chop Fasta only in coordinated environment, in Solo Ranked Choppa usually takes other things (e.g. Furious Choppin and first tree M4). So this isn't much of a factor. What i think that makes Shaman useful is the extra HoT (Do Suminf Useful). having an extra insta cast means you can be more mobile, and so you suffer less from positioning issues. That's also the reason Run Away isn't need, you are always running around.

P.S. After i end up gearing my shaman i will prolly come on order and gear up my AM. looking at AM's tactic i spotted Transfer Magic, and to me seems pretty strong in 6v6, so i would like to try it when times come. have you ever tried it? what's your opinion?
Zputadenti

Cimba

Post#26 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Ysaran wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 am Cool video as always! I agree on Run Away!. I mean, if AM can heal without it, shaman can too. Even before the nerf, it wasn't worthy to be slotted in 6v6 IMHO.
I'm not a pro AM (and neither a pro Shaman, anyway) but i think they are quite comparable in 6v6. in this environment CD decreser aren't used much. BO usualy take's You Wot! and Choppa use Chop Fasta only in coordinated environment, in Solo Ranked Choppa usually takes other things (e.g. Furious Choppin and first tree M4). So this isn't much of a factor. What i think that makes Shaman useful is the extra HoT (Do Suminf Useful). having an extra insta cast means you can be more mobile, and so you suffer less from positioning issues. That's also the reason Run Away isn't need, you are always running around.

P.S. After i end up gearing my shaman i will prolly come on order and gear up my AM. looking at AM's tactic i spotted Transfer Magic, and to me seems pretty strong in 6v6, so i would like to try it when times come. have you ever tried it? what's your opinion?
Both choppa and BO can get the CD decreaser without losing too much so there isnt really any excuse for not running it if you are at BIS gear levels.

The extra HoT is good and in solo ranked probably sufficient. Against better opponents however you will get into situations where the opposing team smashes their shatter enchantment/blessing button. You can see that a couple of times in the fights against Capulet. This raises the question if you get enough healing out of your HoTs for the AP/GCD spent.
For example if you play against KOTBS/SM you will have two shatter enchantments against you. All zealot, DOK, BO, BG buffs are blessings. Chosen has afaik mainly selfbuffs aside from the auras with are buff type. Where are you going to get enchantments that protect your hots against constant shatters?

If you follow that thought through you will get a somewhat bleak realization: If an AM/SHA is paired with any other healer class he makes that class worse. DOK, ZE, RP, WP all do blessings so they cover each other. By replacing one of them with an AM/SHA you make both of them more susceptible to opposing shattering abilities.
Anyway that a bit of a tangent and probably to abstract for most people around here.

Haven't played with Transfer Magic. Looks to me highly situational. For example if you have rDPS+mDPS the utility would be diminished. Same if they have good AP feed (chosen aura + ap field). If the team is AP starved (no ap aura and field) than I can imagine that it could be worthwhile.

Ysaran

Post#27 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:07 pm

Cimba wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:53 pm
Ysaran wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 am Cool video as always! I agree on Run Away!. I mean, if AM can heal without it, shaman can too. Even before the nerf, it wasn't worthy to be slotted in 6v6 IMHO.

Both choppa and BO can get the CD decreaser without losing too much so there isnt really any excuse for not running it if you are at BIS gear levels.

The extra HoT is good and in solo ranked probably sufficient. Against better opponents however you will get into situations where the opposing team smashes their shatter enchantment/blessing button. You can see that a couple of times in the fights against Capulet. This raises the question if you get enough healing out of your HoTs for the AP/GCD spent.
For example if you play against KOTBS/SM you will have two shatter enchantments against you. All zealot, DOK, BO, BG buffs are blessings. Chosen has afaik mainly selfbuffs aside from the auras with are buff type. Where are you going to get enchantments that protect your hots against constant shatters?

If you follow that thought through you will get a somewhat bleak realization: If an AM/SHA is paired with any other healer class he makes that class worse. DOK, ZE, RP, WP all do blessings so they cover each other. By replacing one of them with an AM/SHA you make both of them more susceptible to opposing shattering abilities.
Anyway that a bit of a tangent and probably to abstract for most people around here.

Haven't played with Transfer Magic. Looks to me highly situational. For example if you have rDPS+mDPS the utility would be diminished. Same if they have good AP feed (chosen aura + ap field). If the team is AP starved (no ap aura and field) than I can imagine that it could be worthwhile.
Wow, actualy i've never thought about it in this way. there's always something new to learn.
Zputadenti

Cimba

Post#28 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:47 pm

Uploaded a couple more fights. I might try playing shamy or zealot in the future. Depending on how crazy the destro que is.

Ads
Cimba

Post#29 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:32 pm

Its been a while since I updated the thread. Not going to post all the videos I uploaded in the meanwhile since they are mostly pre-season 2 and pre-AM/Shaman nerf.

Anyway, of the ~15 games I played in season 2 there was 1 good one and I though I would share it.

TifusWanderer

Re: [6on6] Healer POV AM SA ZE

Post#30 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:50 am

What talismans do you use for survivability? Cant decide between armour and toughness/wounds.
Luevar, RR7x SM