Recent Topics

Ads

[6on6] Healer POV AM SA ZE

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Cimba

[6on6] Healer POV AM SA ZE

Post#1 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:14 pm

About a half a year (June to July) ago we (krautcontrol) played a series of 6on6 fights against organized groups. In that series we deviated somewhat from the norm by replacing the WP with an AM.

Dont Panic Twelve Inches Unbuffed Capulet Phalanx Iconic Solo Ranked

Why am I posting stuff that half a year old? The capabilities of heal AMs have be a recurring topic on this forum. Unfortunately there appears to be fairly little content/evidence on heal AMs. Its mainly just unsubstantiated opinions. I hope that people can watch it and draw their own conclusions.

Since the time of recording the AM has been effected by several changes mainly
  • Diminishing utility of morale pump due to nerfed morale drops
  • Wild healing AP cost reduction down 50 % to 35 %
Edit 1: Forgot to link the last fight against Capulet.
Edit 2: Added a fight against Iconic to opening post. Added a link to Teinhalas perspective for the fights against Dont Panic.
Edit 3: Added 2 solo ranked videos.
Last edited by Cimba on Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Ads
yacoucou

Re: [6on6] Heal AM POV

Post#2 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:49 pm

Great positioning, great m8 (special mention to tanks on switching guard+M2 reduce when u re focused), great detaunt anticipation. You re showing the haters that AM can be potents as healer in a great 6men grp (only?).It s harder to master AM than playing a wp and spaming aoe hots/heals.

Spoiler:
PS : Transfer Magic 4tw ? :=) or is it this damn pumper !
Yacoux - AM
Yacou - WH
Yacouz - BW

Krakra - SH
Yakou - DoK
Yacouw - BO

Flon

Post#3 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Noob class... delete immediately!!! ;)

Just a small advice from me... you two healers should keep more distance from each other.

Cimba

Post#4 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:45 pm

yacoucou wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:49 pm Great positioning, great m8 (special mention to tanks on switching guard+M2 reduce when u re focused), great detaunt anticipation. You re showing the haters that AM can be potents as healer in a great 6men grp (only?).It s harder to master AM than playing a wp and spaming aoe hots/heals.

Spoiler:
PS : Transfer Magic 4tw ? :=) or is it this damn pumper !
Thanks. Tanks definitely are the most important players in 6on6. Having two good ones makes life a lot easier for everyone :). I dont know if AM would work in different setups. There are quite a lot of instances where enemy dps were fetched way or M1 rooted by the WL in order to create space.

Drain Magic is a bitch to play against. In the Capulet fights you can actually see that they started cleansing a lot. So I had to start covering the AP drain.

Flon wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:09 pm Noob class... delete immediately!!! ;)

Just a small advice from me... you two healers should keep more distance from each other.
Love you too, you insta rez bot! About the positioning: Probably true but the fights were before they started randomizing the 6on6 map and quite frankly Maw of Madness is a horrible map for ranged healers. The stones in the middle breaking LOS etc...

chakzo

Post#5 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:32 pm

Some good matches and nice plays. Harder to track the kills from heal POV. Like the music choice sounds highelven.

anarchypark

Post#6 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:27 pm

put any class in 6:6. it looks like working.
snb wp/dok, dps healers. dps tanks. etc
cuz balance is okish in there.
you can manage max range, no more than 6 assist, always getting helps immediately.

i'm more interested in city.
where pros and cons synergized to max, awareness challenged.

i still think AM is worst healer in city, due to survival issue.
i haven't tested it yet. we'll see.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

MedV

Post#7 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:36 pm

Great healing!
Two questions come to mind.
When WW is up and cleanse has no cd i see you spam it. Does the tactic which gives a hot stack? At one point the SW had 4 or 5 tactic symbols above his head, was wondering if that counted as 5 separate hots or you were just soley cleansing.
2nd question is what were the 4 tactics you used?
The King.

Cimba

Post#8 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:17 pm

chakzo wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:32 pm Some good matches and nice plays. Harder to track the kills from heal POV. Like the music choice sounds highelven.
Thank you. I tried to keep it relaxed with the music :)

anarchypark wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:27 pm put any class in 6:6. it looks like working.
snb wp/dok, dps healers. dps tanks. etc
cuz balance is okish in there.
you can manage max range, no more than 6 assist, always getting helps immediately.

i'm more interested in city.
where pros and cons synergized to max, awareness challenged.

i still think AM is worst healer in city, due to survival issue.
i haven't tested it yet. we'll see.
Bring any type of range dps into 6on6 and the groups above will murder you. There is a reason why solo rank que enforce equal pairings.
In regards to the shield dok. We have encountered it a few times with Iconic but the fights were so one sided I didnt include them. There is one in the Youtube channel if you want to watch it.

As to the pros and cons maxed out. This setup is about as cookie cutter as you can get. We purposefully scarificed the stability of a WP to get an edge in the morale and mobility department. While walking a fine line of not succumbing to superior pressure.
City fights in comparison are a lot more random. CC flying everywhere, people running off etc.

I dont deny that AM is the worst healer for cities. AM might also so be the worst healer for 6on6. Popular opinion seems pretty set on the fact. I just showed one niche application from which one should not generalize too much.
The question is by what margin is the AM behind the other healers. For small scale the videos above would indicate that its not that much.

MedV wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:36 pm Great healing!
Two questions come to mind.
When WW is up and cleanse has no cd i see you spam it. Does the tactic which gives a hot stack? At one point the SW had 4 or 5 tactic symbols above his head, was wondering if that counted as 5 separate hots or you were just soley cleansing.
2nd question is what were the 4 tactics you used?
Each cleansing hot counts as a separate hot. Its a bit risky to stack them under pressure because it takes some times until they kick in. But when you got 5 hots running you can go and do something else :D

I ran Desperation, Wild Healing, Bolstering Boon and Isha's Encouragement. I probably wouldnt run the same tactics today. If you're interested in tactics you can take a look in this thread.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:37 pm

Is it possible to set enemy so that it display the party member like square and the rest of wb like rectangle?
Zputadenti

Cimba

Post#10 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:45 pm

Ysaran wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:37 pm Is it possible to set enemy so that it display the party member like square and the rest of wb like rectangle?
I tried it but havent found a way to make it work that way. Maybe someone who knows enemy better than I do could help with that. At the moment my wb has these large squares :D It works if you have 4 parties :D If there are more it doenst fit on my screen and people are going to die ;)