Recent Topics

Ads

How to AM and Shaman

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Sulorie

Re: How to AM and Shaman

Post#41 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:28 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:26 am
EuphoricAnguish wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:55 am A 2.5 second cast with no cooldown you know will hit your group versus a 2.0 second cast with a 5 second cooldown which can hit any friendly target close enough ... I'm not sure where the superior attitude is coming from regarding the use of group heals. Can you explain it?
FoG is considered an offensive spell. Therefore, FoG will be instantaneous if 5 defensive spells (Mork) have been cast before. Combine with Choppa Fasta (CD reducer from Choppa), you can spam some instant FoG.
Fodg has a cast time, it won't be instant if using your career mechanic. Casttime gets reduced by 40%, so if you have used 5 mork heal spells before, you can cast up to 5 times Fodg with 1,2sec casttime on the move and heal any ally, not just your group mates.
This is the true advantage, which makes Fodg great, albeit a Choppa is mandatory to really shine.
In tight area fights like city siege, you can easily outheal any other healer with it, when you got the right setup.

There is no doubt that it is best at max lvl, where you can get Fodg and everything else. At r30 and doing sc, the effect is hardly noticeable as there are not that many players close together to make it that good. Certainly not good enough to skip snare puddle and the other goodies in mork tree.
Dying is no option.

Ads
nat3s

Post#42 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:33 am

To people getting squished on a healer: armour talis, FS, DD, decent hp and the ability to detaunt is all you need. DD, willpower, FS mitigates a ton of ranged dps. FS and armour talis mitigate melee dps. It's so painful seeing healers slotting willpower over armour talis.

To those saying Shaman has it easier than AM: SM has it easier sourcing CD reduction, Shaman has RUN AWAY! which really isn't as impactful as some AM perceive it to be.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

EuphoricAnguish

Post#43 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:18 pm

Okay, now using it makes sense.

Thanks for the explanation.

Rhinochild

Post#44 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:13 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:06 pm
cimator wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:10 am stuff
Just read this now. Appreciate the info, I'm definitely one of those AM's struggling. I'm doing a bit better now that I've swapped to the EoV/FE spec, but I'm still working on being able to compete with the good WPs for healing numbers - I'm generally tied with the bad ones which is at least better than it used to be.

Survivability is something I still really struggle with. I know my positioning isn't great which is a big part of it, but I hadn't considered the 4th point in FS so maybe between that and trading my full Invader for 4 Vanq 3 Inv will help. Better focusing on bouncing between force/tranq might help too.

Couple of questions for you:
- Just how important is getting the "right" offensive target for EoV? ie one that's right in the clump. I struggle to manage the combined set of managing both offensive and defensive targets along with all the other stuff and monitoring for positioning/trying to avoid getting WE + BG gooned. I noticed in the video that it seemed like the offensive target wasn't always right in the centre and am wondering if that's something I should prioritize less if it helps with other stuff

- How important is keeping HoTs up always? I do my best but I know it definitely slips sometimes with managing EoV. Adding the tracker to Enemy would help, I didn't know that was a thing you could do and am usually trying to keep track of it mentally
I'm not the best to give healing advice on AM (I usually dps), but I generally use swift assist with EoV. That way, I don't have to hunt for a target, generally, the MA is going to be targeting a squishy target, and I add a bit of deeps.

The challenge I've found when trying to heal as AM is that you have to stop moving to cast EoV which makes it hard to kite/easy prey for WE, especially when you're already the #1 target. I usually slot Run Between Worlds to keep the aoe detaunt ready as much as possible. An aware, guard-swapping, challenging/bellowing, well-timed punting tank really helps :P
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc

Toggle

Post#45 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Rhinochild wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:13 pm
Nebuchadnezzar wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:06 pm
cimator wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:10 am stuff
Just read this now. Appreciate the info, I'm definitely one of those AM's struggling. I'm doing a bit better now that I've swapped to the EoV/FE spec, but I'm still working on being able to compete with the good WPs for healing numbers - I'm generally tied with the bad ones which is at least better than it used to be.

Survivability is something I still really struggle with. I know my positioning isn't great which is a big part of it, but I hadn't considered the 4th point in FS so maybe between that and trading my full Invader for 4 Vanq 3 Inv will help. Better focusing on bouncing between force/tranq might help too.

Couple of questions for you:
- Just how important is getting the "right" offensive target for EoV? ie one that's right in the clump. I struggle to manage the combined set of managing both offensive and defensive targets along with all the other stuff and monitoring for positioning/trying to avoid getting WE + BG gooned. I noticed in the video that it seemed like the offensive target wasn't always right in the centre and am wondering if that's something I should prioritize less if it helps with other stuff

- How important is keeping HoTs up always? I do my best but I know it definitely slips sometimes with managing EoV. Adding the tracker to Enemy would help, I didn't know that was a thing you could do and am usually trying to keep track of it mentally
I'm not the best to give healing advice on AM (I usually dps), but I generally use swift assist with EoV. That way, I don't have to hunt for a target, generally, the MA is going to be targeting a squishy target, and I add a bit of deeps.

The challenge I've found when trying to heal as AM is that you have to stop moving to cast EoV which makes it hard to kite/easy prey for WE, especially when you're already the #1 target. I usually slot Run Between Worlds to keep the aoe detaunt ready as much as possible. An aware, guard-swapping, challenging/bellowing, well-timed punting tank really helps :P
As long as you’ve tossed out a few HoTs or something, then you can cast EoV on the move.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

bahzeel

Post#46 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:34 am

Is that an undocumented feature of EoV that it can be cast on the move (when the class mechanic is working for you)? I don't see it on the tooltip, at least on the career builder, and that's one reason I never considered it.

Does that also work for Balance Essence?

Tesq

Post#47 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:25 am

bahzeel wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:34 am Is that an undocumented feature of EoV that it can be cast on the move (when the class mechanic is working for you)? I don't see it on the tooltip, at least on the career builder, and that's one reason I never considered it.

Does that also work for Balance Essence?
yes if it's empowered it can be cast on the move, same for balance essence, but the last it heal really for too few. It is better hot and use the 45 ap heal ; you can use balance essence to substain when there is low dmg floating around tought, because chain and use meccanic more often will results in less ap waste. But for serious heal balance esssence suck.

i think if you want to play an AM you really need to enable show hot on enemy ui, considering you can hot 2-ppl at time most of time you need to know when you got free GCD economy. Also having party playing onto each other ass really help.

My problems usually are sov w.elf/ off bg on my ass that know what they are doing. In some enviroment in fact walk between world became borderline useless, when you have w.elfe + undetauntable bg on you. Of course you have melee train on you all the time and zero assistence you gona die.

limpopper

Post#48 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:14 am

I want to see the build link, but I can't see it. Please modify it
Sorry for being awkward because it's a translator

Ads
Paladini

Post#49 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:05 pm

Thanks, all those posts gave me good insights. I was one of those AM/Shammy doing all wrong lol, now I know how to fix the gameplay :)