Recent Topics

Ads

[Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
gyps

Re: [Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#61 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:38 pm

azazelios21 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:47 am hello , I am using crossover 22 and I tried everything on the guide but the RORlauncher doesn't launch :(
I tried using windows 7 64 bit wine and a windows 10 64 bit wine same issue behaviour
I also tried downloading the game files September 2022 direct download which runs out of the box on my windows pc but on Crossover 22 doesn't open again
I have tried installing directx 9 before and after and also try without installing it , same result the RORlauncher refuses to open
also I tried installing net framework separately but says net 4 is already installed so I tried 4.8 and installed it but no luck
I can play other windows games such as Elders scrolls arena downloaded from GOG so I do not know what I am doing wrong :(
any help guys ?
if the launcher is not popping up I'd say its a .NET problem.

Step by Step should be:
Create the Win 7 64 bits bottle
Install directx for modern games from Crossover's software list.
Net installs beginning from 2.0, 2.0 service pack, 4 extended and 4.0 in a brand new bottle always from Crossover's software list.
Copy / Paste RoR folder inside Bottle C: Drive

And thats it, if you want contact me in the discord server im Gyps in there (Isra#8522)

Ads
azazelios21

Post#62 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:40 pm

hello I followed your steps and it is now working perfectly it was much simper than the original guide as well lol
I did a windows 7 64 bit wine
installed net 2.0 and net 4.0 only from crossover software list
and then moved the game folder into bottle and run the launcher and it works perfectly :) so thank you very much for your help :)

moreover it also works on windows 10 64 bit bottle as well and performance is similar :)

my system is : MacBook 2017 15 inch with i7 2.9 16 gigs ram and Radeon pro 560 4GB
Last edited by azazelios21 on Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gyps

Post#63 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:46 pm

azazelios21 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:40 pm hello I followed your steps and it is now working perfectly it was much simper than the original guide as well lol
I did a windows 7 64 bit wine
installed net 2.0 and net 4.0 only from crossover software list
and then moved the game folder into bottle and run the launcher and it works perfectly :) so thank you very much for your help :)
yeah maybe we need an updated version :D
glad it worked! See you in the battlefield!

Flashgitz

Post#64 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:48 am

gyps wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:46 pm Crossover 22 is out, I feel like game works even better as default all options disables (DXVK, CSMT, High resolution, Esync off)
I am running RoR via Crossover on a Mac m1 16gig and I am getting huge FPS loss in SC's. I have done everything I can do improve FPS via the in-game settings (disabling effects name tags, shadows etc). Are there any ways to improve performance via the crossover side of things? currently all the defualt options are disabled.

gyps

Post#65 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:27 pm

Flashgitz wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:48 am
gyps wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:46 pm Crossover 22 is out, I feel like game works even better as default all options disables (DXVK, CSMT, High resolution, Esync off)
I am running RoR via Crossover on a Mac m1 16gig and I am getting huge FPS loss in SC's. I have done everything I can do improve FPS via the in-game settings (disabling effects name tags, shadows etc). Are there any ways to improve performance via the crossover side of things? currently all the defualt options are disabled.
Hi there, Mac M1 are a bit triccky I did some registry tweaking you could try, add the following lines under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D

This is a bit of trial and error, there's been also some improvement when you enable DXVK but I feel like the M1 MBA overheats a bit with it so I keep it off, maybe when Ventura is out with METAL 3 we will see some improvement due to bindings with Vulkan being easier, so I hope to DXVK being a good thing, remember that we are translating here DX9 to Vulkan to Metal...

ingame I deactivated under general settings -> Show combat lightning on -> none
Chat Scroll limit 500
Targeting -> Names Font - > Simple
Video -> Deactivate full screen, frame and shader performance optimizations
Video -> Customize -> SET GPU texxture memory cache to max

I did some other stuff on the XML side, and blocked writings on the LOG folder and CACHE folder (in this one I blocked it after some caching around, if uyou block it with empty folder game won't work) but I'm not completely sure how those affect so I'm not sharing it

Flashgitz

Post#66 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:51 pm

gyps wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:27 pm
Flashgitz wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:48 am
Hi there, Mac M1 are a bit triccky I did some registry tweaking you could try, add the following lines under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D

This is a bit of trial and error, there's been also some improvement when you enable DXVK but I feel like the M1 MBA overheats a bit with it so I keep it off, maybe when Ventura is out with METAL 3 we will see some improvement due to bindings with Vulkan being easier, so I hope to DXVK being a good thing, remember that we are translating here DX9 to Vulkan to Metal...

ingame I deactivated under general settings -> Show combat lightning on -> none
Chat Scroll limit 500
Targeting -> Names Font - > Simple
Video -> Deactivate full screen, frame and shader performance optimizations
Video -> Customize -> SET GPU texxture memory cache to max

I did some other stuff on the XML side, and blocked writings on the LOG folder and CACHE folder (in this one I blocked it after some caching around, if uyou block it with empty folder game won't work) but I'm not completely sure how those affect so I'm not sharing it
Thanks for the detailed response! I greatly appreciate it. Will try it out and get back to you.

kniror

Post#67 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:21 pm

Hi I'm trying to follow the guide and when I start the launchee I'm getting this error code:
"Command error text:
00b4: thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon - faking zero debug registers
00f4: thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon - faking zero debug registers
00f8: thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon - faking zero debug registers
00fc: thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon - faking zero debug registers
0104: thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon - faking zero debug registers
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 00000018 at address 7BC59E60 (thread 0104), starting debugger...
0114: thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon - faking zero debug registers
011c: thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon - faking zero debug registers
0118: thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon - faking zero debug registers
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 00000018 at address 6ED6BCB6 (thread 00b4), starting debugger...
0124: thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon - faking zero debug registers
0134: thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon - faking zero debug registers
0130: thread_get_state failed on Apple Silicon - faking zero debug registers
"

FuatKoseoglu

Post#68 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:24 pm

Did anyone try on M1 or M2 chips?

Ads
gyps

Post#69 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:08 pm

FuatKoseoglu wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:24 pm Did anyone try on M1 or M2 chips?
Sure it works, there's some stutter but totally playable, please refer to my guide:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=49261

my macbook is the most basic version M1 Macbook air CPU 8 / GPU 8 / 8gb of ram and it works pretty decent

LookBeats

Post#70 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:10 pm

Followed these directions and installed on my macbook pro 15, everything seems fine except I cannot ctrl+click to talk to npcs, loot enemies, etc.? haven't played a mmo in years , am I missing something silly?