Recent Topics

Ads

ReShade 4.9.1 preset for RoR

Creative minds can display their work here, from images and videos to custom addons and other software applications related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Aquila228

ReShade 4.9.1 preset for RoR

Post#1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:42 pm

Hi, I want to share my ReShade preset I've made for RoR.
What's good in it?
It brings some nice and light sharpness to the game (the game is like very blurry), adds white balance control, and also adds some vibrance.
The preset has very lite modifications, so if you don't like other acid presets and don't want to get into setting the preset by yourself, there you go, give it a try.
Just unpack this archive to your game folder.

IMPORTANT: Disable "Lightmaps" in the game Video settings
-OR-
Use NVInspector workaround from this topic

Spoiler:
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/77rnwvu68drt36g/reshade.zip
Last edited by Aquila228 on Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
vastou

Re: ReShade 4.9.1 preset for RoR

Post#2 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:33 pm

all characters are white, my install is broken now, how to fix it ?

Edit : on launcher there is message that said that compiling 3 files are necessary, this message never stop

Edit 2 : after restarting the game 2 times, it works and its beautiful, very nice dont know how much time it will last before any white characters again xD

Lilim
Game Master

Post#3 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:56 pm

vastou wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:33 pm all characters are white, my install is broken now, how to fix it ?

Edit : on launcher there is message that said that compiling 3 files are necessary, this message never stop

Edit 2 : after restarting the game 2 times, it works and its beautiful, very nice dont know how much time it will last before any white characters again xD
Hey,

Turn off "Lightmaps" in the in game custom graphics menu, and restart the game.

Aquila228

Post#4 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:05 pm

vastou wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:33 pm all characters are white, my install is broken now, how to fix it ?

Yeah, forgot to mention about Lightmaps, topic updated

Is also ok with message on launcher, just ignore it, I'll recompile this preset soon and maybe it'll disappear

andy

Post#5 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:23 am

The sharpness is overused imo. Adds details that isn't there.

Aquila228

Post#6 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:09 pm

This is the best sharpness filter ReShade has atm. No crispy or overexposed edges. You can click "Home" button and reduce the level of sharpness tho.
andy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:23 am Adds details that isn't there.
This is the point of adding sharpness to this game lol

andy

Post#7 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:23 pm

Aquila228 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:09 pm This is the best sharpness filter ReShade has atm. No crispy or overexposed edges. You can click "Home" button and reduce the level of sharpness tho.
andy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:23 am Adds details that isn't there.
This is the point of adding sharpness to this game lol
I don't think you understand. When you increase sharpness on for example a tv or monitor or a game. The only thing you are doing is manipulating the picture and adding "edge enhancement" and makes the picture look unnatural. Because you are adding details that wasn't there in the first place.

And it is clearly visible it is overused in the preset, that is only my opinion. Ofc if you like it you can still use it.

Akalukz

Post#8 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:05 pm

will check this out this weekend!
-= Agony =-

Ads
Grock

Post#9 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:37 pm

Aquila228 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:42 pm IMPORTANT: Disable "Lightmaps" in the game Video settings
You should use Sildur's patched version, it fixes Lightmaps issue.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Aquila228

Post#10 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Grock wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:37 pm
Aquila228 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:42 pm IMPORTANT: Disable "Lightmaps" in the game Video settings
You should use Sildur's patched version, it fixes Lightmaps issue.
I like to use newest version available, also I don't think WHO's original lightmaps is something of a value tbh

If I'm not mistaking, there is no "patched" version, it's just a workaround using nvinspector. Ofc you can use it also, but you can aswell just disable Lightmaps and I don't think you'll notice any difference