ReShade 4.9.1 preset for RoR

Creative minds can display their work here, from images and videos to custom addons and other software applications related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Aquila228

Re: ReShade 4.9.1 preset for RoR

Post#11 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:51 pm

andy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:23 pm I don't think you understand. When you increase sharpness on for example a tv or monitor or a game. The only thing you are doing is manipulating the picture and adding "edge enhancement" and makes the picture look unnatural. Because you are adding details that wasn't there in the first place.

And it is clearly visible it is overused in the preset, that is only my opinion. Ofc if you like it you can still use it.
WHO's original bluriness makes my eyes bleed. With this preset I can see clearly again. If you like the game as it is - it's up to you, just don't use this preset or modify sharpness by clicking "Home" and make it as blurry as you personally like.

Ads
Grock

Post#12 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:08 pm

Aquila228 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:42 pm
Grock wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:37 pm
Aquila228 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:42 pm IMPORTANT: Disable "Lightmaps" in the game Video settings
You should use Sildur's patched version, it fixes Lightmaps issue.
I like to use newest version available, also I don't think WHO's original lightmaps is something of a value tbh

If I'm not mistaking, there is no "patched" version, it's just a workaround using nvinspector. Ofc you can use it also, but you can aswell just disable Lightmaps and I don't think you'll notice any difference
You will absolutely notice the difference because all static lights and shadows will be gone from the game.

Basically say goodbye to all the cool lamps, torches, crystals and shadowy places
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

andy

Post#13 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:18 pm

Aquila228 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:51 pm
andy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:23 pm I don't think you understand. When you increase sharpness on for example a tv or monitor or a game. The only thing you are doing is manipulating the picture and adding "edge enhancement" and makes the picture look unnatural. Because you are adding details that wasn't there in the first place.

And it is clearly visible it is overused in the preset, that is only my opinion. Ofc if you like it you can still use it.
WHO's original bluriness makes my eyes bleed. With this preset I can see clearly again. If you like the game as it is - it's up to you, just don't use this preset or modify sharpness by clicking "Home" and make it as blurry as you personally like.
I'm not bashing your preset, and saying what you or others should use or not use, just trying to explain that sharpness is an unnatural way of thinking you improve picture quality. But in the end it is ofc up to the viewer.

I like the original more, as it is more softer. I will try yours again though but lower the sharpness a little bit.

Aquila228

Post#14 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:39 pm

Grock wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:08 pm You will absolutely notice the difference because all static lights and shadows will be gone from the game.

Basically say goodbye to all the cool lamps, torches, crystals and shadowy places
Well, as I've said, it's not about preset, it's about NVInspector. I'll attach the link for this patch to the topic, np

Grock

Post#15 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:46 pm

Aquila228 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:39 pm
Grock wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:08 pm You will absolutely notice the difference because all static lights and shadows will be gone from the game.

Well, as I've said, it's not about preset, it's about NVInspector. I'll attach the link for this patch to the topic, np
I dont know what NVInspector does here, i think there's some "injector" thingy that makes it work with WAR lightmaps
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)