Recent Topics

Ads

Any advice on how to learn to kite?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
anarchypark

Re: Any advice on how to learn to kite?

Post#11 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:09 pm

for me,
strafe is Q,E
turn left, right is A, D
i think it's defalt.

hold mouse right button and A, D. it's strafe.
now hold mouse right button and hold A and move your mouse slowly to right.
you'll make small circle clockwise.
now mix W, A, S, D with mouse right click and mouse moving.
small circle, large circle, clockwise, anti-clockwise, simple strafe etc.

and num lock + mouse left hold.
to see your behind.
camera smart follow is sometimes good or bad.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
DR4296

Post#12 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:36 am

Sofong wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:59 am hold right click turn the camera, keep ur target at the edge of the screen.

So, I don't get it: what's the "rule" here? What determines whether or not you can target somebody? Sounds like you're saying "camera angle"??

XsorrowerX

Post#13 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:56 am

All good advice, but also, it just takes practice to get the ins and outs and what to do when. A lot of people that play kite classes do so on a majority of games they play because they like that style and have been doing it for years and years. Don't get frustrated if you aren't the greatest right away. I still bump into things all the time while looking back at my foes on occasion, heh.

Idrinth
Addon Developer

Post#14 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:29 pm

DR4296 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:45 am 2) Oh, so THAT'S why everybody always talks about running with AP pots! I've never really found running out of AP to be a problem on all of my past and current toons, so I always brushed this advice off.
Make sure to self-produce or have someone produce it for you, otherwise you can quickly run out of those pots.
Addons&more Addon News&Creation&Testing Addon News Blog
  • Idrinth - Swordmaster
  • Alitsa - Knight of the Blazing Sun
  • Alitza - Warrior Priestess
  • Idrynth - Disciple of Khaine

carlos

Post#15 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:57 pm

Starfkr

Delegator

Post#16 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:06 pm

Sorcs do have a few tools for kiting, but with CC in WAR being short term (thankfully) it does require practice. And it really depends on whether you are kiting a player or a MOB.

For MOBs you can use your PBAE root to gain distance, and you have the DD/snare as well. The snare is only active if the target is ailing, so I would typically get 2 DoTs on them and snare, then get distance. Then when they catch up, root and get distance. By then the Morale 1 mage bolt should be ready, so you can knock them down and get more distance. And then flee, for more distance. Hopefully by then you can rinse and repeat.

Your potion choices are HoT to regain health when they''ve managed to hit you, or AP for being able to attack after fleeing.

All of that can work with MOBs, but with players you have the added problem that they can often attack while chasing. A thrown axe in the back can hurt, and unlike MOBs the players too can use HoT potions. I've been successfully kited by sorcs on my order players, but only on the ones that are too low to have the tools to deal with it.

lyncher12

Post#17 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:48 pm

plug in your mouse, hold right click, turn 180 degrees, release right click, press w

sighy

Post#18 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:51 pm

It can seriously depend, but most of the Order melee have too many tools to get on you or outright disregard your cc.

So when you are facing the likes of a WL, with charge and infinite no cd pounces and their own fair share of cc...

Ads
Avernus

Post#19 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:49 am

sighy wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:51 pm 1. It can seriously depend, but most of the Order melee have too many tools to get on you or outright disregard your cc.

2. So when you are facing the likes of a WL, with charge and infinite no cd pounces and their own fair share of cc...
1. Yeah. It's not like live is better for the order side though. Current SW is nerfed to oblivion (WE is buffed though, and you can't counter the mara's pull now) and can't kite anything.

2. It's true that WL is VERY mobile but don't forget - you have no cd on pounce ONLY if you slot "Loner" tactic and this leaves you with snare only. Well, okay, you can have root on your M1 but i'm sure that WL will probably slot M1 dodge/parry.

Ashoris

Post#20 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:49 pm

sighy wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:51 pm It can seriously depend, but most of the Order melee have too many tools to get on you or outright disregard your cc.

So when you are facing the likes of a WL, with charge and infinite no cd pounces and their own fair share of cc...
a no cooldown Pounce WL has no CC (except for a nerfed 5 sec snare)... basics ....
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras