Recent Topics

Ads

[Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Post#91 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:09 pm

Khaoskhar wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:50 pm I have Mcafee antivirus, and it don't let whitelist entire folders, so I have to do files by files... do someone have a better solution? :'(
Get rid of McAfee and browse responsibly. Windows Defender is installed by default, is an antivirus, and will cover everything McAfee will anyway, without all the nagging and performance hit. Don't click risky links, don't download stuff from shady sites, and you'll be fine.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
TrancaNapiaz

Re: Server status: Up or Down?

Post#92 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:42 pm

My launcher is giving errors, I don't know, yesterday was fine. I tried reapiring but still...
It try to verify ART and download stuff but in the end it throws an error and would not let me connect.
Error Downloading HTTP:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Acceso denegado a la ruta de acceso 'C:\Juegos\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\WAR-64.exe'.
en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
en RoRLauncher.Client.gpO8GoqNcbiQP8YRNvx(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
en RoRLauncher.Client.pyZgX2Lkf7(Object , Object )

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#93 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:32 pm

TrancaNapiaz wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:42 pm My launcher is giving errors, I don't know, yesterday was fine. I tried reapiring but still...
It try to verify ART and download stuff but in the end it throws an error and would not let me connect.
Error Downloading HTTP:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Acceso denegado a la ruta de acceso 'C:\Juegos\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\WAR-64.exe'.
en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
en RoRLauncher.Client.gpO8GoqNcbiQP8YRNvx(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
en RoRLauncher.Client.pyZgX2Lkf7(Object , Object )
Right click on your installation folder "C:\Juegos\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning" and make sure "Read Only" is not ticked. Apply the setting to all the folders inside this main folder.

TrancaNapiaz

Post#94 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:39 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:32 pm

Right click on your installation folder "C:\Juegos\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning" and make sure "Read Only" is not ticked. Apply the setting to all the folders inside this main folder.
Thanks, I think it was my PC User giving me problems

siebo

Post#95 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:20 pm

Hey everyone,

I followed the installation guide and everything went well, until I started the RoR Launcher. I always get following message:

Code: Select all

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "D:\Spiele\Warhammer Online AoR\ReturnOfReckoning-Oct2021\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\art.myp" wurde verweigert.
   bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   bei WarZoneLib.MYP.wdcMK4PDqje1EIyA91m(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
   bei WarZoneLib.MYP..ctor(String fileName, FileAccess access)
   bei WarZoneLib.MYPManager.Get(MythicPackage archive)
   bei RoRLauncher.Client.DurD3qqdCXXMhYqq6OS(MythicPackage archive)
   bei RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
   bei RoRLauncher.Client.SKMvyPqOQwpkvhoJPqZ(Object )
   bei RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
   bei RoRLauncher.Client.bEGQ8fqB16OtEsonTDI(Object )
   bei RoRLauncher.Client.Nimgt80cKi(Object  )

can anyone help?

EDIT: I solved it by rightclicking art.myp -> properties -> unchecking write-protection

xpander
Community Management

Post#96 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:06 am

siebo wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:20 pm
EDIT: I solved it by rightclicking art.myp -> properties -> unchecking write-protection

You should do that to the whole RoR folder (untick read-only and let it apply to all files and folders) to avoid all kinds of weird issues.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Fira

Post#97 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:30 am

I was a bit annoyed at having to run the launcher in admin mode when there is really no good reason to, so i just tried without. Here's a few observations I could make, some might be useful for troubleshooting in the usual case too.

* If you don't launch with the correct working directory somehow, the launcher will try to look up game files there and you get the "170K" download.

* If you leave the torrent client you used to download the folder on and seeding, you might get an error about the folder being open by something else - though it didn't seem to be the case when launched in Admin

* When not launching the launcher as admin it seemed to have some bug and completely freaked out and started loading(writing?) over and over in a loop a Font file (segoeui.ttf), which slowed down the file checking process quite a bit. It doesn't seem to actually prevent it from working.

* Once sorting that out, and bearing the additional delay, the launcher works just fine. You can launch it this way using the following in powershell (replacing the correct path)
PS> $Env:__COMPAT_LAYER = "RUNASINVOKER"
PS> cd "..\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning"
PS> & .\RoRLauncher.exe

Mefisher3241

Post#98 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:20 pm

пишет прекращение работы при запуске лаунчера что делать ?

Ads
Medicus

Post#99 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:05 pm

Followed all the steps - twice. I launch the game and this is what happens: Downloads Manifest, starts Verifying 1-7 steps and then proceeds to download 174,562 files.

Derp.

ynsgngr491

Post#100 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:56 pm

hello i did everything in order but i couldn't create a character im trying to "done" button after wrote my nickname and select my class but nothings is happen. I tried to change my nickname more than 10-15 times maybe but when i click done button nothings is happen, also my cousin has the same problem