Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Swizz's ultimate builds catalog for Shadow Warriors

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Repulsion

Re: [SW] Swizz's ultimate builds catalog for Shadow Warriors

Post#41 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:21 am

Nickwahh5 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:59 am
ivoma11 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:01 am wich one of these build do you think its better for leveling?
Bumping this
  • Skirmisher (mobile damage + a little AoE) is solid all around, especially if you:
    a) use your healdebuff properly (and try to "cover" it by applying Broadhead Arrow DoT first)
    b) know who to target for your Flame Arrows (Choppas/Marauders/WEs/DoKs >>> tanks due to higher chance of defending your arrow - use on the right target with the right mass of players around it as it applies to 20ft/30ft [VoN] around them).
    Before level 35 you have to pick between Eye Shot (stun) from left tree - or a dps boost tactic from right tree (Powerful Draw).
    If you don't know much about immunities to CC or cant swap targets to stun a healer and swap back to finish your main assist, go full skirmisher with the dps boost earlier.
    Try stuff out, see what suits you.
  • Imo, if you know how to use SwiftAssist, a fun option after 33+ is Scout (Single target Sniper) spec - something like:
    https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 1,9121,542
    Granted you got updated gear and can pick targets/assist a DPS you can delete stuff. Use your VoN in order for your Eye Shot to have lower CD and before you "unload" on an important target. VoN has a 30sec cd - always have that in mind no matter the spec.
  • As for Assault, the melee spec, I didn't try it while levelling but I reckon it can do some work as well.
    https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,9121,9116

I guess you will feel the lack of a healdebuff more than the Scout spec, but I can't be certain. Oh, you will also need a guard, except if you're a pro MDPS and know how much dmg you can deal and be dealt in every scenario.

All 3 options are fun and you can DEMOLISH people if you know what you're doing.

Ads
Ashoris

Post#42 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:41 pm

Repulsion wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:21 am
Nickwahh5 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:59 am
ivoma11 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:01 am wich one of these build do you think its better for leveling?
Bumping this
  • As for Assault, the melee spec, I didn't try it while levelling but I reckon it can do some work as well.
    https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,9121,9116

I guess you will feel the lack of a healdebuff more than the Scout spec, but I can't be certain. Oh, you will also need a guard, except if you're a pro MDPS and know how much dmg you can deal and be dealt in every scenario.

All 3 options are fun and you can DEMOLISH people if you know what you're doing.
Dont go Assault without proper friends... you are melee with no Snare, no snarebreak and in this case no HD
If you want to level with PvP ALWAYS go with the HD and assist someone - make sure HD is ALWAYS UP :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#43 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:28 pm

there is no good build to lvl up sw, but assault is probably the worst xD

Fallenkezef

Post#44 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:32 pm

I like the build guides but could we have some suggested renown builds aswell?
Alea iacta est

Fenris78

Post#45 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:56 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:32 pm I like the build guides but could we have some suggested renown builds aswell?
Futile strike 3, full parry (if assault), full dodge/disrupt, and last points either in HP pool (you are probably under 8k) or WS.

With bullseye tactic you usually dont need to spec into crit chances, and if playing aSW/skirm it's plain counterproductive since renown crit isnt converted into melee/ranged crit...
For same reason you need at least FS 3 to counteract the 10% ctbc malus. And I sugggest playing with a swift tergiversation liniment since WS bonus is about 2x rentability of balistic (point to point).

Fallenkezef

Post#46 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:10 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:56 pm
Fallenkezef wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:32 pm I like the build guides but could we have some suggested renown builds aswell?
Futile strike 3, full parry (if assault), full dodge/disrupt, and last points either in HP pool (you are probably under 8k) or WS.

With bullseye tactic you usually dont need to spec into crit chances, and if playing aSW/skirm it's plain counterproductive since renown crit isnt converted into melee/ranged crit...
For same reason you need at least FS 3 to counteract the 10% ctbc malus. And I sugggest playing with a swift tergiversation liniment since WS bonus is about 2x rentability of balistic (point to point).
For a casual player not likely to rise to the highest ranks of BiS. What would be a recommended spec from the list? Not solo but causal pugging SCs/RVR maybe joining a casual guild that does mixed runs every now and again?
Alea iacta est

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#47 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:57 pm

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 2,9117,542

build i'm currently using while wearing wl5+2sent. fortress weps. every SW should use guerilla tactics. without it you can't kite, it increases your survivability by about 1000%. and on top of that it gives you 25% reduced ap cost. mindblowing. when you go out in lakes/sc be first in assault specc, when you find enemy just switch to skirmish and you start with buff that way. also if welf jumps you, you want to be in assault stance or best ones will kill you in <3seconds.

Manatikik

Post#48 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:09 pm

rejndjer wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:57 pm https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 2,9117,542

build i'm currently using while wearing wl5+2sent. fortress weps. every SW should use guerilla tactics. without it you can't kite, it increases your survivability by about 1000%. and on top of that it gives you 25% reduced ap cost. mindblowing. when you go out in lakes/sc be first in assault specc, when you find enemy just switch to skirmish and you start with buff that way. also if welf jumps you, you want to be in assault stance or best ones will kill you in <3seconds.

Like most builds in this thread: this is a bad build and you should feel bad for using it.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#49 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:16 pm

Manatikik wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:09 pm
rejndjer wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:57 pm https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 2,9117,542

Like most builds in this thread: this is a bad build and you should feel bad for using it.
Care to offer an alternative?
Alea iacta est

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#50 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:54 am

Manatikik wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:09 pm

you are bad. hahaha