Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Looking for slayer PvP/RvR build

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jergens

Re: [Slayer] Looking for slayer PvP/RvR build

Post#11 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:28 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:56 am
facundo7777 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:46 am is there any surv build for slayer to not die in 2sec from everyone without guard and healer?
RoR.builders - Slayer This is very nice with grimshimmer chest and regen pocket item with defiance liniment adding another 80regen and -10crit dmg taken. Spec full parry from renown with QE and trivial blows to 24% - crit dmg taken so its 34% with liniment. Always stay Berserk and you have 500 + hp regen without even having any hp regen jewelry. And 2k rune of absorption crits with low health and over 1k AA crits after that will surprise and kill most of your targets even med armour. Slayer has so much goodies=) I think Slayer even has armour debuff proc wpn from t4 epic quests so definetely use that. And slower the Mainhand wpn the better! Ive seen 3,7 second 1h but its low level "of the driven" something.

that sounds kinda cool so could you explain to me the parts and items so i as a newb understand it?

Ads
Glorian

Post#12 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:35 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:26 am
Lion1986 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:00 am
do not roll slayer at all. that clss is not a solo class and need babysitting all times.
Disagree
Because Tosh, you are the exception. Not the rule. :)

Lion1986

Post#13 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:43 pm

Glorian wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:35 pm
Toshutkidup wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:26 am
Lion1986 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:00 am
do not roll slayer at all. that clss is not a solo class and need babysitting all times.
Disagree
Because Tosh, you are the exception. Not the rule. :)
well, I always talk for "average" player. Ofc some good players CAN solo slayers, but is after attaining a top gear level (happy farming). In tier 1 you are dead meat as soon as a ranged/healer bother in targeting you. From t2 to t4 you can HOPE to have a guard (which not all times happens especailly in pug WB).
Is it bad? No, absolutely. Each class has his own flavour and if you feel like rolling go ahead sir. From there to say that slayer is a good solo... well... you missed some patch notes sir.

Tanski

Post#14 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:23 pm

I think recommending the regen build is disingenuous, if you stay beserk your going to explode.

Slayer is in fact a good solo class vs mdps and non toughness regen tanks, because of the heal channel in the top left tree. You should be using exhaustive blows when furious , don’t ever stay beserk espesiallh without support.

Outside of deftard regen shi, your next issue is gonna be getting kited by rdps.

Toshutupkid streams often and he’s a good solo slayer I would tune in.

As an aoe dps, it might objectively be the best in the game in certain circumstances, such as city siege or wb/wb. You will be out damaged by good wls due to their mobility, but nothing beats a Rampaged ret bomb as far as aoe burst, and with several slayers coordinated it you legit will just wipe whole wbs.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Toshutkidup

Post#15 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:09 pm

Slayer just like any dps class has its weaknesses. rdps / kiting is the big one when playing solo. So yes many days you will just get pounded by Shams / SH's / Magus until you just wanna quit. The trick is, dont quit. keep grinding and trying, keep the W key pressed, watch ur rage , use abilities correctly, understand who ur fighting and what they wish to do vs you and dont fall into traps. Some days you will succeed, other days you wont.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Lion1986

Post#16 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:24 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:09 pm Slayer just like any dps class has its weaknesses. rdps / kiting is the big one when playing solo. So yes many days you will just get pounded by Shams / SH's / Magus until you just wanna quit. The trick is, dont quit. keep grinding and trying, keep the W key pressed, watch ur rage , use abilities correctly, understand who ur fighting and what they wish to do vs you and dont fall into traps. Some days you will succeed, other days you wont.
yeah they just need to learn how to counter kite. Charge, fell+pot etc.

facundo7777

Post#17 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:40 am

i am currently playing some def build with regen and it seems not so bad but still i feel like missing something

facundo7777

Post#18 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:54 am

i tested for few days (solo) build with:
renown spend into futile strikes and reflexes
tactcis: strenght, armor, knockdown reduce, riposte
gear vanq/oprr
tali full ws,

i feel like i lack dmg. Is this related to low gear and it will change in the future or is it related to so defensive tactic and build setup?

Ads
facundo7777

Post#19 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:07 am

i will add one more question :)

which tactic gives more for solo if i have to choose only one:
kd recudtion time or armor?

Evilspinnre

Post#20 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:36 am

KD reduction
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous