Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] Ultimate builds catalog for Sword Masters

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
lemao

Re: [SM] Ultimate builds catalog for Sword Masters

Post#11 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:39 pm

Wdova wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:21 pm I am back in the game and slowly reaching rr 80. Wondering what spec could work in ranked since 2h spec does not posses any viable knockcback.
2h spec works in ranked

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#12 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:01 pm

lemao wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:39 pm
Wdova wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:21 pm I am back in the game and slowly reaching rr 80. Wondering what spec could work in ranked since 2h spec does not posses any viable knockcback.
2h spec works in ranked
Yup, the standard 2h build or if you have 6p off sov, then the 13-0-13 build (ED+WW).

You pretty much just bring damage, but not much utility that helps wins games (e.g. superpunt), you do have decent tools to prevent loses but that doesn't win games, so you have to rely on other tank/dps to do their thing.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

gyps

Post#13 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:08 pm

What about my beloved healing build? :P

BluIzLucky

Post#14 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:22 pm

gyps wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:08 pm What about my beloved healing build? :P
It's the Fluff Master build, fixed half broken link :)

I did play around with other pure heal variants (stacking 14% heal crit renown + 6% boost II + 10/20% from BA), or going 6p Warlord Heal Master 0-9-17, but heal gained vs total dps/prot fluff lost wasn't worth it for me.

And MinMaxed that you can get to around 900 heal/willpower, if one day they make the heals scale that'd be awesome..

Anyway, if you have a build we are missing share it!

Martok

Post#15 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:16 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:01 am2H Standard Build - 13-0-9
This build is for offensive 2H, GWM+BA is base, EA is best 3rd spot for ST otherwise PE or DO. Last spot is usually for defensive. It works in basically all aspects of the game.
ST Variants of this removes PW and/or Calming Winds to get 14-15 points in tree.

Renown: parry, FS, dodge/disrupt, str/melee crit
Talis: str, wounds, armor, toughness
BIS Gear Recommendation: 6p sov off, 3p sent (gloves,boots,ring) / victorious (helm,cloak,ring), 2p genesis warrior, 6% parry in sent/victorious ring, two-hand swords: bloodlord, Crimsonwind, fortress

This is the base build I have been running off of for over three years now. It is a good build but its true potential reveals itself when you can convince other players a 2H SM is not meant to be just and only a guard-bot for their particular toon but rather a well-tuned offensive tool. Good luck with that.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

BluIzLucky

Post#16 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:35 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:16 pm
This is the base build I have been running off of for over three years now. It is a good build but its true potential reveals itself when you can convince other players a 2H SM is not meant to be just and only a guard-bot for their particular toon but rather a well-tuned offensive tool. Good luck with that.
Personally, have not had much issue with that, parties/wbs asking for 2H SMs understand they trade kotbs or SNB SM utility for more dps, only when you forget or fail at being primarily a tank/guard bot and not a dps does it come up.

For me the "potential breakthrough" came from figuring out how to walk the knife's edge of maximizing dps (e.g gear/burst rotation/tactics) while doing your tank duties and being a pain to kill.
If in a city you are top 3 protection with more DBs and damage than a couple of the actual DPSers, that's pretty close to peak in my eyes :)

chookette

Post#17 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:47 am

if you don't have the sovereign bonus that boosts your critical damage, there's no point in putting rr points in critical. Prefer flat damage.

BluIzLucky

Post#18 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:24 pm

chookette wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:47 am if you don't have the sovereign bonus that boosts your critical damage, there's no point in putting rr points in critical. Prefer flat damage.
Yeah, more or less, but not just becuase of the 33.3% increase to crit dmg, +R78 also happens to be first time you can easily softcap on str just from gear/abilities/pots while not being super squishy.
And have enough renown points to get max Reflexes, some FS and Melee Crit (like: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;2;0;0;0)

Ads
Wattser

Post#19 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:52 am

Hey, What would be recommended for tanking as a fresh 40?
I made up this. Lacks WW but not sure how much you need it in dungeons.
RoR.builders - Sword Master

BluIzLucky

Post#20 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:37 pm

Wattser wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:52 am Hey, What would be recommended for tanking as a fresh 40?
I made up this. Lacks WW but not sure how much you need it in dungeons.
RoR.builders - Sword Master
Yeah, looks fine but for dungeons just exhange Rugged for Menace (if you can't hold aggro), Potent Enchantment (if you don't need extra def) or Impeccable Reactions (strong against boss AA).

You can also trade Raking Talons for Perfect Defenses if you are not spamming it or need more defense against bosses.