Recent Topics

Ads

Nerf WE

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Nerf WE

Post#101 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:00 pm

How they become better at their job with a shorter stealth? It will be just another am/sham buff, who drain their ap, so they won't even remain in stealth for 30sec and most likely die in stealth to dots - if you ask to nerf regen as well. This just shifts power balance towards classes, who have lifegain by default.
Last edited by Sulorie on Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Hugatsaga

Post#102 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:18 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:00 pm How they become better at their job with a shorter stealth? It will be just another am/sham buff, who drain their hp, so they won't even remain in stealth for 30sec and most likely die in stealth to dots - if you ask to nerf regen as well. This just shifts power balance towards classes, who have lifegain by default.
Yeah I agree with both of the points. HP regen is very strong in ultra small scale situations (1vs1 and such) but levels the playing field.

Stealth change was big QoL improvement and made WE/WH more fun to play when roaming/ganking: more hunting and less hiding behind rocks and praying that the someone from passing enemy zerg doesnt notice you while waiting stealth to come back from cooldown.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Meliannia

Post#103 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:05 pm

Hail all,
many interesting comments of the pro and cons of witch elf in this thread. Here are my thoughts:

Witch elf should be a high risk high reward class

but the risk has been taken away nowadays to the point where they either win and get their big rewards, or run off and live, come back 30 secs later and try again

no downside

if they mess up they just stealth in mid combat and run off, if u hit them with dots or get them close to death they use the non stop 100% Disrupt skill and run off then stealth

if u hit them with AP drain and dots they use the disrupt skill and run off and hit an AP pot at the end of the disrupt duration then stealth

i kill a lot of witch elves who jump me, there's only 2 or 3 solo witch elves i'm wary of, (2 is a problem either i kill 1 both or die, 3 or more i cant kill) its usually a quick and brutal 5 to 12 secs and its over
Id say say being geared much better than the majority AMs and dishing out much more burst ST dmg than the vast majority of AMs helps alot and maybe accounts for 40% of the WE kills but id say
i mainly kill the other 60% of them because of their own over confidence they are used to facerolling kills effortlessly all day long (esp BWs and AMs but WLS (nerfed into the ground), shads, slayers, some tanks some healers too etc) because the skill bar required to do this has been lowered significantly so when they finally meet a geared person with pots and knowledge, experience with a ST dmg output that is equal to theirs their overconfidence faceroll apathy can kill them more times than the actual person who kills them does.

imo there ought to be 2 changes:
1. The perma thrown dagger snare should be when cleansed you're then immune to it for at least 10 secs, it shouldnt be able to insta resnare you 1 sec later

2. second would be "once you're in it, you're in it," you cannot stealth when in combat. You've put the chips in, so play your hand, you cant put 500$ into the pot then see the other guy has 4 Kings and realise that beats your 4 Jacks and simply take your money back and walk off.

I'd also question why witch elves have had so many buffs in the last 2 years but witch hunters have been strangely ignored. i think Witch Hunters need a little help too.

The risk element has gone or been severely reduced, where's the adrenalin rush for the witch elf player when they know its 'All In' and it's down to the wire? its gone, they just run off and restealth or run off disrupt and restealth. There are no consequences for making mistakes. It's became a Free Hit class, every fight is a Free Hit you win or u escape.

"Swords In The Wind"

The Mel.

Sulorie

Post#104 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:56 pm

Meliannia wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:05 pm
I'd also question why witch elves have had so many buffs in the last 2 years but witch hunters have been strangely ignored. i think Witch Hunters need a little help too.
Can you elaborate on this one?
Dying is no option.

Krima

Post#105 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:35 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:56 pm
Meliannia wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:05 pm
Can you elaborate on this one?
Think this dude has memory issues.

DG stun,
blessed blades
OIL (shadows)
BURN ARMOR :roll: :roll:
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Shogun4138

Post#106 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:02 pm

Reality is WE's die very fast. That is an undeniable fact. Being a very gear dependent class they really don't start to blossom till post 70rr.

Now when a robe wearing class can sit in front of a warcamp and kill 3+ and easily kite, heal, damage, then you may have a balance problem.. Hello AM's. They don't need stealth. They show up and just regen from items, heal themselves, pop pots, life tap, steal endo, absorption shield... Yeah.

To be honest, that's just part of the challenge. Looks like a few people are upset they can't face roll everyone. They also feel that they should have a leasurly stroll to their party or warband..
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Oldschool

Post#107 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:17 pm

Why we allways talking only about WE?
Why not about OP Rampage Slayers ?! Look at the SCs they come and rule...killing every destro in a row.... undefendable melee damage.... kills high block and parry tanks like a truck....
Why not talking acout repel blasphemy of WH? Tbh, if a WH get my WE from behind, my WE died for sure.... WHs got much more DPS then a WE and better finishers... and Repel Blasphemy to avoid melee damage....
Do a WE got this OP skill to avoid all melee Damage? no....

Iam realy annoyd about all this WE nerf disscussions.....just delete the Regen Items and all is done....and then think about Rampage etc .... if you dont find it tooo op or not.... for me it is clear THE strongest Skill in this game.
It makes Parry and block totaly senceless.... so may the Devs should think to bring this to Choppa class as well, or is there a reason why only Order can have this =?

Tanski

Post#108 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:07 pm

Yeah I agree the underlying issue here is regen not WE itself.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
Krima

Post#109 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:15 pm

Tanski wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:07 pm Yeah I agree the underlying issue here is regen not WE itself.
It got out of control as soon they add
CHEST 180 regen
Free pocket 80s
on top of that there is linement

Without much effort thats alot of regen... REGEN should be banned from dpsers classes.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

sharpblader

Post#110 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:42 pm

Spoiler:
Meliannia wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:05 pm Hail all,
many interesting comments of the pro and cons of witch elf in this thread. Here are my thoughts:

Witch elf should be a high risk high reward class

but the risk has been taken away nowadays to the point where they either win and get their big rewards, or run off and live, come back 30 secs later and try again

no downside

if they mess up they just stealth in mid combat and run off, if u hit them with dots or get them close to death they use the non stop 100% Disrupt skill and run off then stealth

if u hit them with AP drain and dots they use the disrupt skill and run off and hit an AP pot at the end of the disrupt duration then stealth

i kill a lot of witch elves who jump me, there's only 2 or 3 solo witch elves i'm wary of, (2 is a problem either i kill 1 both or die, 3 or more i cant kill) its usually a quick and brutal 5 to 12 secs and its over
Id say say being geared much better than the majority AMs and dishing out much more burst ST dmg than the vast majority of AMs helps alot and maybe accounts for 40% of the WE kills but id say
i mainly kill the other 60% of them because of their own over confidence they are used to facerolling kills effortlessly all day long (esp BWs and AMs but WLS (nerfed into the ground), shads, slayers, some tanks some healers too etc) because the skill bar required to do this has been lowered significantly so when they finally meet a geared person with pots and knowledge, experience with a ST dmg output that is equal to theirs their overconfidence faceroll apathy can kill them more times than the actual person who kills them does.

imo there ought to be 2 changes:
1. The perma thrown dagger snare should be when cleansed you're then immune to it for at least 10 secs, it shouldnt be able to insta resnare you 1 sec later

2. second would be "once you're in it, you're in it," you cannot stealth when in combat. You've put the chips in, so play your hand, you cant put 500$ into the pot then see the other guy has 4 Kings and realise that beats your 4 Jacks and simply take your money back and walk off.

The risk element has gone or been severely reduced, where's the adrenalin rush for the witch elf player when they know its 'All In' and it's down to the wire? its gone, they just run off and restealth or run off disrupt and restealth. There are no consequences for making mistakes. It's became a Free Hit class, every fight is a Free Hit you win or u escape.

"Swords In The Wind"

The Mel.
Here are my thoughts:

1. Yes, Def WEs need to be toned down, a discussion that has happened multiple times in different WE/WH posts. But WE is still a high risk high reward class. Why? Def WEs need high end gear and high rr to be "over powered". Lower geared and lower RR WEs are very squishy. They can still dish out good damage, but they heavily rely on dagger throw kiting to survive against tougher opponents.

2. "Perma" dagger throw snare is countered if you side strafe. There is, a learning curve in doing this properly, but once you master this, as a kiting class you'd be surprised how easy it can be to avoid the snare. Also, one of the greatest weaknesses of WE/WH is that they cant snare you in melee unless they invest in a weapon proc (which many don't realize how strong it can be).

3. If WE uses 100% disrupt they cant use "vanish" for one minute, which makes kiting them much easier if they reopen on you.

4. "Once you're in it, you're in it" would be unfair in the current meta. Majority of WEs/WHs level up by farming solo or small scale kills in RvR because its hard for them to get into organized Warbands. Without the luxury of choosing their fights, they will suffer greatly because majority of their enemies are not soloing in the lakes. As far as the re-stealth in combat is concerned, it can be countered due to the fact it has a two second cast time. The cast is interrupted every time WE takes direct damage and AP drain makes sure they come out of it way sooner. There's a chance that you can see them in stealth anyway. Granted, if a WE/WH doesnt wish to fight someone at all, catching them is almost impossible, but once they open from stealth and KD you, they are definitely "in it" at least for 30 seconds.

5. Please elaborate which buff WEs received last and why do you believe WH is being ignored? The proc scaling change buffed all dps classes. Burn Armor is one of the biggest WH buff which imo needs to be looked at. Its an AoE armor debuff which generates a guaranteed two accusations without needing a target. A WH high up in the confession tree can reduce enemy armor by around 900. With blessed blade uptime and at vanquisher gear, they can penetrate about 70% - 75% armor. A vanquisher tank has about 4000 armor. In one opening, The WH will be dealing damage to the tank as if they had about 775 armor which is kind of crazy if you think about it.

Krima wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:15 pm It got out of control as soon they add
CHEST 180 regen

I used to think so too but if you look at the bigger picture, it is one of the best ways for low level players to compete in the regen meta.

Also at high RR, using the grimshimmer chest makes you lose some armor and one set bonus.