Ads

Nerf WE

Let's talk about... everything else
redsunbp

Re: Nerf WE

Post#91 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:43 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:42 pm
Valarion wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:32 pm

There is a spike in the number of WEs being played again. This spike coincided with the ranked scs apparently, so one explanation is that WEs are being played heavily there. One interesting side note is WEs have the highest ranked win % for mdps on the destro side. So if you going to do ranked and you want to win, you might as well take a WE.
Playing a lot ranked lately on WP, I don't seeing it. The opposite appears to be true to me. There are very few WE you want to have on your ranked team. It's not like the class itself on your team directly rises your win ratio. You don't even encounter noticably more WE than other DPS in ranked.
And how many WHs you want on your ranked team? Bachata and that's it? And hes gonna be forced to play m4

Ads
oaliaen

Post#92 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:36 am

Bachata because only him plays ranked...More Whs need to lose this 'bad class' mentality and learn already how the it works .
Edit: Kitu does very well in ranked too.

redsunbp

Post#93 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:10 pm

oaliaen wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:36 am Bachata because only him plays ranked...More Whs need to lose this 'bad class' mentality and learn already how the it works .
Edit: Kitu does very well in ranked too.
What level is your WH and what experience do you have with wh in ranked?

Blacksuperman

Post#94 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:31 pm

I played 3 ranked games on WH, RR65 vanq mix...

Happend that in all 3 games there were 4 man of the same destro guild.
2 Shaman, 1 BG and 1 Mara used all AP drain abilitys permanently on me in all 3 matches...
when the gcd of the AP pot passed, my AP were at 0 again :lol:

I dealed like 40k damage while receiving 250k xD but i didnt die.
Fun fact, the slayer in our party had 15k incoming damage.

i guess that most dps would strugle with such an AP terror.
that killed my intention to do ranked completly, 4 man guild in solo ranked didn't help it either :lol:

In my opinion WH/WE both work in ranked if played and supported propperly :D
When one team brings a good sinergy to the match, one will have a hard time

No need to nerf anything

redsunbp

Post#95 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:16 pm

Blacksuperman wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:31 pm I played 3 ranked games on WH, RR65 vanq mix...

Happend that in all 3 games there were 4 man of the same destro guild.
2 Shaman, 1 BG and 1 Mara used all AP drain abilitys permanently on me in all 3 matches...
when the gcd of the AP pot passed, my AP were at 0 again :lol:

I dealed like 40k damage while receiving 250k xD but i didnt die.
Fun fact, the slayer in our party had 15k incoming damage.

i guess that most dps would strugle with such an AP terror.
that killed my intention to do ranked completly, 4 man guild in solo ranked didn't help it either :lol:

In my opinion WH/WE both work in ranked if played and supported propperly :D
When one team brings a good sinergy to the match, one will have a hard time

No need to nerf anything
You wrote you did 3 matches, 3, against a stacked team. Three matches, 3 against a stacked team. Three matches, 3 against a stacked team. Should I go on?

Let me fix the last part for you: "In my undeducated and clueless opinion I believe WE/WH both work in ranked, I just wanted to share my opinion because internet". That's a lot better. Sometimes, it's better to be quiet then speaking just to speak

Hugatsaga

Post#96 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:57 am

Stealth classes are always bane of inexperienced gamers so a lot of the whining here should be taken with grain of salt imo.

When it comes to 6vs6, quick stealth was great addition to both WE and WH and made them viable in that setting. Without it they will have pretty much 0 chance, especially vs nastier comps such as double slayer especially in grp ranked where you can really see the power of the properly supported slayer. WE got big dmg nerf already when they lost their +15% crit chance tactic (+3% per each frenzy) but quick stealth was nice compensation (and overall, buff to WE/WH). WE also got hit by indirect survivability nerf since light armor classes got hit hardest when armor talis got nerfed. So now its even harder to try to build survivability which is why quick stealth is even more necessary. However if devs reach to a conclusion that quick stealth is op, I hope the solution to fix that is increasing its cooldown a bit instead of doing something drastic such as removing it from the game.

In general, powerful abilities are great addition to the game as long as there is price for using them (ie long cooldown). World of Warcraft has taken this route and it works pretty well imo: you have super powerful abilities on a several minute cooldown (paladin bubble for cc & dmg immunity, rogue vanish/insta stealth, big dmg buffs like fire mage combustion etc etc). In this game only powerful ability with really long cooldown is zealot/rp dmg reduction buff that is on 3min (thats only one I can remember anyway), rest of the powerful things are 1 min (morales, numbing strike, drop da basha, insta stealth, disrupt elixir/shroud) or less. However if you go for the cooldown increasing route, should be looking at other things as well and not only insta stealth.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Xirucio

Post#97 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:49 am

Hugatsaga wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:57 am Stealth classes are always bane of inexperienced gamers so a lot of the whining here should be taken with grain of salt imo.

When it comes to 6vs6, quick stealth was great addition to both WE and WH and made them viable in that setting. Without it they will have pretty much 0 chance, especially vs nastier comps such as double slayer especially in grp ranked where you can really see the power of the properly supported slayer. WE got big dmg nerf already when they lost their +15% crit chance tactic (+3% per each frenzy) but quick stealth was nice compensation (and overall, buff to WE/WH). WE also got hit by indirect survivability nerf since light armor classes got hit hardest when armor talis got nerfed. So now its even harder to try to build survivability which is why quick stealth is even more necessary. However if devs reach to a conclusion that quick stealth is op, I hope the solution to fix that is increasing its cooldown a bit instead of doing something drastic such as removing it from the game.

In general, powerful abilities are great addition to the game as long as there is price for using them (ie long cooldown). World of Warcraft has taken this route and it works pretty well imo: you have super powerful abilities on a several minute cooldown (paladin bubble for cc & dmg immunity, rogue vanish/insta stealth, big dmg buffs like fire mage combustion etc etc). In this game only powerful ability with really long cooldown is zealot/rp dmg reduction buff that is on 3min (thats only one I can remember anyway), rest of the powerful things are 1 min (morales, numbing strike, drop da basha, insta stealth, disrupt elixir/shroud) or less. However if you go for the cooldown increasing route, should be looking at other things as well and not only insta stealth.
I have fought a def WE yesterday for almost 10 minutes, me as a Grace WP.
When he observed that his KD routine doesnt work as expected, he started to dagger throw kite / regen himself then fully re - stealth in combat for at least 5 times, just so he can reset the CD on his KD so he can repeat his rotation.
Five stealths in combat in one fight it's a broken mechanic if you ask me, but overall it was an interesting fight.

Krima

Post#98 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:57 am

Xirucio wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:49 am
Hugatsaga wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:57 am Stealth classes are always bane of inexperienced gamers so a lot of the whining here should be taken with grain of salt imo.

When he observed that his KD routine doesnt work as expected, he started to dagger throw kite / regen himself then fully re - stealth in combat for at least 5 times, just so he can reset the CD on his KD so he can repeat his rotation.
Five stealths in combat in one fight it's a broken mechanic if you ask me, but overall it was an interesting fight.
WE/WH since live always had the ability to reset fights / restart. Whats broken now its all the regen itens + :
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... 95&t=47027
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Ads
Xirucio

Post#99 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:05 pm

Krima wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:57 am

WE/WH since live always had the ability to reset fights / restart. Whats broken now its all the regen itens + :
Yea, well i always have this tendency to compare RoR mechanics with WoW, where you can only re-stealth while you are off-combat, or from a long CD skill once every 5 minutes or so.
I'm still in a period of transition, slowly rewiring my brain from old convictions :)

Krima

Post#100 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:11 pm

Xirucio wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:05 pm
Krima wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:57 am
Yea, well i always have this tendency to compare RoR mechanics with WoW, where you can only re-stealth while you are off-combat, or from a long CD skill once every 5 minutes or so.
I'm still in a period of transition, slowly rewiring my brain from old convictions :)
IMO the stealth buff (2 minutes?) did not help at all. Where WE/WH can just reset and wait in stealth chasing their target while regen halth from itens. It was a bad move.

#bring old stealth back 30secs.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek: