Recent Topics

Ads

Best solo class ?

Let's talk about... everything else
redsunbp

Re: Best solo class ?

Post#21 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:03 pm

Regen WE/WH, AM/Shaman for pure solo.

If you wanna leech off others just play a ranged class.

Ads
Valarion

Post#22 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:28 am

yoluigi wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:44 pm
Vendials wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:27 pm Which class are the best to play solo ?
AM / Shaman/ 2h chosen/ 2h IB/ WH WE / WL / SW/ Magus
Plenty of class depends if you wanna play melee or range.
Easier to play range you can feed from wb and stuff. Some class are amazing also in duo (Dok /WP)
But if you wanna stick to solo above that's what i saw did the best.

AND with full sov Slayers and many classes but for lower gear i would choose the one above.

Doks and WPs are at the top of my list, but if you are looking for an extreme challenge and dont mind dying a lot I actually recommend a Sorc/BW spec'd for solo. Its not best by any metric and might even be the worst, but its fun as hell.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Martok

Post#23 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:58 am

Valarion wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:28 am...but its fun as hell.

I support this metric. Well said.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

sharpblader

Post#24 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:44 am

diegomess wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:11 pm if you want ez solo mode then AM/Shaman, mostly WH/WE.

Then or either SW/SH, Magus/engi? or any tank (no knights unless you want to be the first chad to do it in a long time)... WP/DOK are good but kinda ass against ranged.

then def Mara/WL or SL/choppy, slayer is better cuz rampage helps too much in any situation.

then the hardest are BW/sorc but i guess BW is easier cuz they have a knockdown and you can kite more...

i've seen good solo dps zealots and runnies but i guess you dont kill fast

IMO if all 2h regen tanks were to fight each other, knight will come out in the top 2. Of course no one would die for 10 minutes, but the loser would be the one who reached lowest hp percentage :P

Also, Ive confirmed that taunt doesnt interrupt WH Trial by Pain.

sergteo

Post#25 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:53 am

For destro, If you play during NA times, most orders are Rdps so probably melee dps/2h tanks are not the best idea. Except WE

When it comes to tanks, 2H IB is solid pick, likewise 2h BG or 2h chosen. 2h SM is arguably the best 2h tank for solo roam, but i haven't found any good ones so far, (they are obssesed with doing aoe punts and nothing else), don't know why. 2h black ork is free RR, is just the worst tank atm in every spec, it's also too big for sneaky plays / hidding when zerg is around.

As for melee dps, choppa can do good if you have the gear (knockdown + furious chopping can turn every 1v1 around in your favour), lil bit tankier than slayer for sure thanks to 160 wounds tactic and the m1 absorb, also you can interrupt channelings (like warrior priest self heal) with Git to da choppa so in fact you have 2 interrupts, that are pretty good when dealing with classes that have lots of their damage on channeling skills. Solo marauders are usually free RR for any competent player. DPS DOK/WP can do well if you know which fights to pick and don't try to facetank 12 choppas and 9 sorcs just because you have self heal every 8 seconds, if not, then you are free RR; also, against 2h tanks is not an easy fight, anything that has lots of parry can easly make your self heal useless. WL are pretty strong, specially the defensive specs whilst BiS geared. Assault SW is usually free RR, needs a lot of babysit from tanks/heals, but it can work decently depending on what you are facing. WH / WE are for people who want to win fights while their brain is busy doing something else. Regen spec WH / WE only for a few selected 180+ IQ people, so i don't recommend unless you are a chess master and/or have designed a functioning nuclear fission reactor.

For casters, DPS runi is a very viable choice, could be even better than DPS AM, if properly speced / geared (the perma slow is op). DPS AM and SHAM more than dangerous, if they are hybrid, then is probably as cancerous to fight as a regen WH with Rephel Blasphemy and Dragon Gun. Just let these people do their high IQ tasks in peace and pray you are not the target of their hyper-developed movement-targeting bioscanners.
Toughness magus mega op, but there's like 1 person playing it. Engi meh, guess it can 1v1 nice. BW and sorc not the best and there's like nobody playing solo with them (except from new players) but i guess It can work with defensive specs/gear.
SW and Squig do well for sure, squig ovbiously doing better, but festering arrow from scout SW can indeed obliterate people.

Overall you have 2 choices - go full burst, trying to win the 1v1 as fast as you can before the 17 wl / wh / we jump at you; or go defensive hp regen and try to fight the few 2v1 you'll encounter. If you are WH / WE, faceroll the keyboard and ez wins.

Xirucio

Post#26 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:33 am

sergteo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:53 am Regen spec WH / WE only for a few selected 180+ IQ people, so i don't recommend unless you are a chess master and/or have designed a functioning nuclear fission reactor.
This was better than my morning espresso. :lol:
Regen needs to be addressed in general, because how it works right now, permanent HoT without even a need to hit a skill that eventually trigger a global CD on your other skills, it's in your face OP mechanic.
And no, there is no substantial trade-off in damage if you go defensive regen builds, so it can be a plausible argument.

diegomess

Post#27 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:49 am

sergteo wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:53 am
When it comes to tanks, 2H IB is solid pick, likewise 2h BG or 2h chosen. 2h SM is arguably the best 2h tank for solo roam, but i haven't found any good ones so far, (they are obssesed with doing aoe punts and nothing else), don't know why. 2h black ork is free RR, is just the worst tank atm in every spec, it's also too big for sneaky plays / hidding when zerg is around.
yea agree on the rest but this, im pretty sure the best tank for roaming is 2h IB you just have so many buffs good morale to catch ranged and the OP self regen ability, very good crits!, and yeah the best tactics for tanks in the game. BG has the same regen skill but they lack the infinite buffs and they seem to do less dmg.

SM should be second, has good spirit dmg, ether dance does very good dmg, a good morale that can catch ranged, super 2h defensive channel and they have a solid regen tactic + their stance thing... but yeah havent seen many that properly pull it off, i think they mostly go kinda deftard.

BG is better against squishier targets and AM's or any heals, but Chosen does a better job against any tank and mdps.

yeah BO does very good dmg against low armored targets prob the most of any tank, impressive crits but sucks against other tanks probably the only tank that would lose against a knight in 1v1. also doesnt have anything to catch ranged and get easily kited, gets bullied a lot by WH as well cuz you cant do **** against rephel blasphemy + m1
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Farrul

Post#28 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:07 pm

diegomess wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:49 am
yea agree on the rest but this, im pretty sure the best tank for roaming is 2h IB you just have so many buffs good morale to catch ranged and the OP self regen ability, very good crits!, and yeah the best tactics for tanks in the game. BG has the same regen skill but they lack the infinite buffs and they seem to do less dmg.

SM should be second, has good spirit dmg, ether dance does very good dmg, a good morale that can catch ranged, super 2h defensive channel and they have a solid regen tactic + their stance thing... but yeah havent seen many that properly pull it off, i think they mostly go kinda deftard.

BG is better against squishier targets and AM's or any heals, but Chosen does a better job against any tank and mdps.

yeah BO does very good dmg against low armored targets prob the most of any tank, impressive crits but sucks against other tanks probably the only tank that would lose against a knight in 1v1. also doesnt have anything to catch ranged and get easily kited, gets bullied a lot by WH as well cuz you cant do **** against rephel blasphemy + m1
Tanks regardless of regen are vulnerable to being kited, as such i believe the Chosen is the strongest solo pick at the moment simply due to not having to face goblins.

I have both IB/SM 80% ~ ish completed for solo roaming (lacking pve deflect/lifesteal weapons and a few Sov pieces) and i consider both limited for different reasons.

SM/Regen for solo roaming won't invest into crit and will at times feel like pitiful damage, sure it will catch kiters utilizing m1 but unless the target is a squishy squiq it won't do much good anyways other than assist killing.

For Ether dances to feel like ''good spirit damage'' it needs solid crit stacking, but such a build will sacrifice a lot of sustain and is WE prey.
To summerize SM using 2 x regen tactics or Vaul absorb: will do good vs armored tanks, melee. Have the tools to catch kiters but lacks the necessary burst to kill within a reasonably time frame.

Moving on to the IB, i believe it has got the higher potential but there is a reason a fully geared 2-hand solo roaming IB is a rare sight, the class is seriously lacking in the ''quality of life'' department. Unless you're hellbent on the making it work you will likely burn out within 1-2 weeks of roaming. BG whilst having a worse regen spec for roaming is the modern updated quality of life version, e.g does not need to waste an entire tactic slot to enable class mechanic( rising anger, it is a joke, should have been removed and effect integrated a long time ago) and even gets a channel low in the tree to quickly build the class mechanic.

To be effective management of buffs/debuffs needs to be constantly observed to the point it feel like a burden to play regardless of actually winning the fights. Add to this the fact that you won't do good against armored targets due to poor scaling of armor debuff/armor meta(SM feels like heaven in comparison) and i do not see many 2-hand dawis lasting long in the lakes.

On the postive side, IB''s do unlike SM have the burst/heal debuff in their regen spec to at least threaten a shaman, does much better against low armored targets due to crits/burst. I feel the best solo roaming IB is actually in SnB using offensive WL/Alt sov gear due to overpowered defensive shield tactics, at full grudge SnB IB do actually enough dps to threaten.

Lastly Chosen and the reason i believe it to be the most enjoyable and likely the best one except for IQ200 IBs with an athletes endurance, the class is a stat monster using auras and tactics to near softcap str, got that op ''flawless armor'' tactic opening up a lot of interesting renown spec options. Unlike SM, Chosen is actually able to crit in their regen spec which means burst damage, is passively tankier due to the nature of auras. On the negative side it does not have the tools to catch kiters or Wods to deflect ranged dps, but on the other hand it won't have to face goblins so it evens out in the end.
Last edited by Farrul on Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
diegomess

Post#29 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:30 pm

Farrul wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:07 pm
diegomess wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:49 am

Tanks regardless of regen are vulnerable to being kited, as such i believe the Chosen is the strongest solo pick at the moment simply due to not having to face goblins.

I have both IB/SM 80% ~ ish completed for solo roaming (lacking pve deflect/lifesteal weapons and a few Sov pieces) and i consider both limited for different reasons.

SM/Regen for solo roaming won't invest into crit and will at times feel like pitiful damage, sure it will catch kiters utilizing m1 but unless the target is a squishy squiq it won't do much good anyways other than assist killing.

For Ether dances to feel like ''good spirit damage'' it needs solid crit stacking, but such a build will sacrifice a lot of sustain and is WE prey.
To summerize SM using 2 x regen tactics or Vaul absorb: will do good vs armored tanks, melee. Have the tools to catch kiters but lacks the necessary burst to kill within a reasonably time frame.

Moving on to the IB, i believe it has got the higher potential but there is a reason a fully geared 2-hand solo roaming IB is a rare sight, the class is seriously lacking in the ''quality of life'' department. Unless you're hellbent on the making it work you will likely burn out within 1-2 weeks of roaming. BG whilst having a worse regen spec for roaming is the modern updated quality of life version, e.g does not need to waste an entire tactic slot to enable class mechanic( rising anger, it is a joke, should have been removed and effect integrated a long time ago) and even gets a channel low in the tree to quickly build the class mechanic.

To be effective management of buffs/debuffs needs to be constantly observed to the point it feel like a burden to play regardless of actually winning the fights. Add to this the fact that you won't do good against armored targets due to poor scaling of armor debuff/armor meta(SM feels like heaven in comparison) and i do not see many 2-hand dawis lasting long in the lakes.

On the postive side, IB''s do unlike SM have the burst/heal debuff in their regen spec to at least threaten a shaman, does much better against low armored targets due to crits/burst. I feel the best solo roaming IB is actually in SnB using offensive WL/Alt sov gear due to overpowered defensive shield tactics, at full grudge SnB IB do actually enough dps to threaten.

Lasly Chosen and the reason i believe it to be the most enjoyable and likely the best one except for IQ200 IBs with an athletes endurance, the class is a stat monster using auras and tactics to near softcap str, got that op ''flawless armor'' tactic opening up a lot of interesting renown spec options. Unlike SM, Chosen is actually able to crit in their regen spec which means burst damage, is passively tankier due to the nature of auras. On the negative side it does not have the tools to catch kiters or Wods to deflect ranged dps, but on the other hand it won't have to face goblins so it evens out in the end.
fair enough... then why dont make a more offensive SM instead full regen, i dont need that many regen like (200ish) from gear to perform good while roaming.

IB does more dmg overtime but agree that they dont kill as fast while regentard.

We dont face shammys but we face AM, basicaly same thing as they are a very hard counter to chosen and of course the fun police.... runepriests
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Farrul

Post#30 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:57 pm

diegomess wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:30 pmfair enough... then why dont make a more offensive SM instead full regen, i dont need that many regen like (200ish) from gear to perform good while roaming.

IB does more dmg overtime but agree that they dont kill as fast while regentard.

We dont face shammys but we face AM, basicaly same thing as they are a very hard counter to chosen and of course the fun police.... runepriests
Well SM does not reach the passive tankiness levels of Chosen, therein lies the dilemma with a more offensive crit spec that sacrifices sustain. The other issue is Witch Elves, not only does crit trigger their broken overpowered absorb tactic but without enough sustain it's not going to end pretty, that's important considering WEs is going to be the most common opponent for Order soloing toons.

Agreed... Chosen won't beat AM 1vs1 but unlike the cute/ugly goblin mirror, AM can't escape if ganked and kite 4 people(Add just one WE/WH to the equation). Overall though not having to face goblins is in favor of the Chosen.