Recent Topics

Ads

[ADDON] GCDsaver 1.0.6

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Scottx125

Re: [ADDON] GCDsaver 1.0.6

Post#121 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:22 am

bormo wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:44 pm A couple of general words in defense of addons.
NB is a way of fighting 'crooked hands' against reflexes (with the help of the mind). Thus, the NB equalizes the chances for people with different opportunities.
There are some good games with customizable controls, or even with self-management. These games are Kenshi and Majesty. These games attract you by the fact that you can perform many different actions in them. And at the same time, you do not need to press 40 buttons, like on a piano. That is, it is possible to do complex things in a simple way.
NB has brought this opportunity to Warhammer online.
Just like in real life, it's not about equal outcome. You have the opportunity to win a fight, if you train, learn your class, gear it up and fight hard. NB didn't bring opportunity, it brought equal outcome. Because essentially the game plays on auto pilot only requiring limited input from the player. Meaning as long as you have the same gear, stats and rotation, chances are you'll fight exactly the same as someone else with NB. Where as without it, actual skill comes into account. And if you make mistakes and completely screw your rotation and use abilities on players who have immunities, you deserve to lose.
Last edited by Scottx125 on Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Talladego

Post#122 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:13 am

Kpi wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:45 pm Talladego, as a suggest. Add the option to block the skill if u are under/over determinated ammount of APs/HPs
While this is possible to do and not a bad idea, it's beyond what I intended for the addon to do.
Also I don't really have much time to work on addons atm.

Talladego

Post#123 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:15 am

Emissary wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:17 am is there a way to gcd stack like the borcs buffs because it doesnt work if it is a self buff
Not really sure what you mean.
What specific buff are you referring to?

Kpi

Post#124 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:08 am

Talladego wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:13 am
Kpi wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:45 pm Talladego, as a suggest. Add the option to block the skill if u are under/over determinated ammount of APs/HPs
While this is possible to do and not a bad idea, it's beyond what I intended for the addon to do.
Also I don't really have much time to work on addons atm.
Don't worry and thanks for your time. I hope when you have time you can improve the addon with this :)
Last edited by Kpi on Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Bozzax

Post#125 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:22 am

I suspect this add on will move to the illegal list if you add more cond checks. It is borderline already
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

bormo

Post#126 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:38 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:22 am Just like in real life, it's not about equal outcome. It's equal opportunity. You have the opportunity to win a fight, if you train, learn your class, gear it up and fight hard. NB didn't bring opportunity, it brought equal outcome. Because essentially the game plays on auto pilot only requiring limited input from the player. Meaning as long as you have the same gear, stats and rotation, chances are you'll fight exactly the same as someone else with NB. Where as without it, actual skill comes into account. And if you make mistakes and completely screw your rotation and use abilities on players who have immunities, you deserve to lose.

Yes, you are afraid that others will play the same as you.
You're afraid of equalizing opportunity.
Sounds like you're afraid of justice.
It is because of this attitude towards people that the game has lost much of its appeal.

Scottx125

Post#127 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:06 pm

bormo wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:38 am Yes, you are afraid that others will play the same as you.
You're afraid of equalizing opportunity.
Sounds like you're afraid of justice.
It is because of this attitude towards people that the game has lost much of its appeal.
No, I just believe people should earn their place. Not have it handed out to everyone on a silver plate. That involves learning your role, your enemies role and training to be good at your class. Giving everyone the same skill level isn't justice, that's injustice to the people who have actually put hard effort into being good at their class. If you're not good enough or too lazy to train to be good at your class, you don't deserve to be able to compete against people who do, end of.

And the idea I'm afraid of people playing the same as me is frankly stupid, I wrote a guide helping people to get good at playing a Warrior Priest, why? Because I want people to get good at their classes, I want people to improve because good players goes a long way to improving gameplay for the entirety of the server, especially in more competitive environments. But giving everyone an autopilot isn't the way to do it.

And you clearly don't understand equal opportunity, equal opportunity is the opportunity to do something. And you have that. It's not like anyone is stopping you from putting the time and effort in to be good at a class. Equal opportunity means regardless of what you do, you'll always reach the same outcome as everyone else. Regardless of if you put in 1% of the effort compared to someone who puts in 100%. And in my opinion, that's wrong.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Talladego

Post#128 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:54 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:06 pm No, I just believe people should earn their place. Not have it handed out to everyone on a silver plate. That involves learning your role, your enemies role and training to be good at your class. Giving everyone the same skill level isn't justice, that's injustice to the people who have actually put hard effort into being good at their class. If you're not good enough or too lazy to train to be good at your class, you don't deserve to be able to compete against people who do, end of.
This addon isn't about rejecting earning or learning it's about fixing stuff that should have been implemented in the first place.
Scottx125 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:06 pm And you clearly don't understand equal opportunity, equal opportunity is the opportunity to do something. And you have that. It's not like anyone is stopping you from putting the time and effort in to be good at a class. Equal opportunity means regardless of what you do, you'll always reach the same outcome as everyone else. Regardless of if you put in 1% of the effort compared to someone who puts in 100%. And in my opinion, that's wrong.
"Equal opportunity" is nothing but a meaningless phrase uttered by people wanting to protect their own privileges.
There exists no equal opportunites anywhere.

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Post#129 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 pm

Talladego wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:54 pm

"Equal opportunity" is nothing but a meaningless phrase uttered by people wanting to protect their own privileges.
Agreed, I wrote a long drawn out statement about this a little bit ago, but deleted it as I do not want anyone to think I am attacking them for their views about disabilities or discrimination in any form.

I have managed companies and people for way to long, to realize that all people no matter color, sex, religion, and/or cultural background at some point in time they are not treated with "equal opportunity". To say that I could be a welder/surgeon would be a joke as no matter how much I am taught how to my hands shake too much for me to ever do the job. I can run a multi-million dollar company with ease but I can not control my tremors ( i do with exercise and diet, somewhat).

I fought harder in life to get where I am than others without my impediment. It doesn't slow me down at all I can still carve my flags, I can still run a business; I just could not be a surgeon or welder no matter how much I trained or read manuals. The game has the ability to add less ability bloat but does not now. I am not stating anything whether nerfed buttons or gcdsaver should be in the game. I am stating that a singular view of everyone has the same equal opportunities is very incorrect . It doesn't take someone a month of traveling to realize that we are all built differently with differing levels of strengths and weaknesses. No one is the same and that is what makes this world a better place.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Scottx125

Post#130 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:27 pm

Spoiler:
Talladego wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:54 pm "Equal opportunity" is nothing but a meaningless phrase uttered by people wanting to protect their own privileges.
True. But I'm not talking about real life because it's beyond the scope of this topic. I'm talking about this game. I don't know why you thought otherwise. And no, this is not about fixing anything. If you hit your ability when an enemy already has an immunity applied and you fire that ability, that's your fault. You failed to take into account that the target has immunity and made a mistake. You should learn to read what buffs/debuffs a target has and not waste abilities by spamming mindlessly. It's not the games job to babysit what abilities you do and don't press. That's up to you.
Spoiler:
Emissary wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 pm Agreed, I wrote a long drawn out statement about this a little bit ago, but deleted it as I do not want anyone to think I am attacking them for their views about disabilities or discrimination in any form.

I have managed companies and people for way to long, to realize that all people no matter color, sex, religion, and/or cultural background at some point in time they are not treated with "equal opportunity". To say that I could be a welder/surgeon would be a joke as no matter how much I am taught how to my hands shake too much for me to ever do the job. I can run a multi-million dollar company with ease but I can not control my tremors ( i do with exercise and diet, somewhat).

I fought harder in life to get where I am than others without my impediment. It doesn't slow me down at all I can still carve my flags, I can still run a business; I just could not be a surgeon or welder no matter how much I trained or read manuals. The game has the ability to add less ability bloat but does not now. I am not stating anything whether nerfed buttons or gcdsaver should be in the game. I am stating that a singular view of everyone has the same equal opportunities is very incorrect . It doesn't take someone a month of traveling to realize that we are all built differently with differing levels of strengths and weaknesses. No one is the same and that is what makes this world a better place.
Again kinda beyond the scope of the topic. In game, it means everyone has the ability to become good at a class. Now, not that it's part of the topic, but the same IMO applies in real life. You have the opportunity to be a programmer, doesn't mean you'll personally be able to. But there are resources that will allow you to do it if you have the conviction. In game, that means training, learning what classes counter you, how to pull off your rotations correctly, how to shut down counters etc..etc.. What you're talking about is equal outcome. Equal outcome means anyone who wants to learn to be a welder will be a welder regardless of any deficiencies they might have. I don't agree with that principal at all. Equal opportunity means you have the opportunity to be a welder, but it doesn't mean you'll be one. Obviously, with your tremors whilst the opportunity is there, you can't be a welder because of your tremors, that fact doesn't mean the opportunity doesn't exist though. And even if it's a limited role for training to become X, there's still an opportunity. But opportunities are NOT guarantees. And if we're talking frankly, the world is leaning towards equal opportunity more and more as time goes on. But regardless of that can we return to the topic please..
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.