Recent Topics

Ads

LotD final test & latest news

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GamesBond
Former Staff

LotD final test & latest news

Post#1 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:29 pm

Twitch Drops
Get Ready for Drops

Twitch Drops are coming this Wednesday with the release of the upcoming patch!
Make sure to check the updated Twitch Drops guide in order to be ready to watch, claim and equip your rewards.

Major Currency Changes
Unified Currency is coming
A major currency revamp system has been under development for several weeks and will be ready for release on Wednesday 9 March. More details of that new unified currency will be shared in its respective patch notes, when it's released. In addition, a wiki page will be set to make sure the whole system and its new currency's purpose are clear.

Frequently Asked Questions

- What is the purpose of this change?
Spoiler:
There are actually several reasons to why we developed and are going to introduce this new system:
1. Mainly it will create a smoother journey in the future, where you have one stable currency to purchase gear, potions, weapons, etc. without stacking up on lower tier currencies.
2. You will no longer have your desired gears locked behind a specific content. You can play your favorite game modes, participate in your favorite activities in these game modes and get rewarded properly.
3. The developers will be able to create new content, and add new equipment, without having to worry about currencies - neither will you have to worry about farming new currencies.
4. We reached a point where all the currencies became mentally exhausting to current and newer players. The new currency will just make everything smoother, for the team and for the community.
- Will I lose my progress due to the exchange rate?
Spoiler:
Absolutely not, relax. The exchange rate will switch all of your available currencies and merge them into the new unified currency. Due to the custom nature of this fresh system, the exchange rate cannot be perfectly tailored to suit all sorts of players, currency value and game mode worth (time-to-reward relation). Please bear with us as we have the sole intention of making it a smooth transition.
- Will the currency exchange rates be shared?
Spoiler:
No, there are no plans to share the exact exchange ratio at the moment. Please proceed and check the 2 questions right below this one as they're enough to help you tackle the exchange ratio.
- Is it better to buy potions now with my available currencies?
Spoiler:
Technically yes. That is due to the minimal differences in the old and new systems; Buying potions now, using your available currencies, is slightly better than buying them after the exchange happens.
- Is it better to buy gear now with my available currencies?
Spoiler:
Technically yes. That is due to the minimal differences in the old and new systems; Buying gear pieces that you already cover the price for now with the available currencies, is slightly better than buying them after the exchange happens.
- Will this impact how we play?
Spoiler:
It will positively impact RvR and Scenarios as the new currency will no longer lock any gear behind a specific content. Whether you prefer Scenarios or prefer RvR, and whether you like Cities or only like open world PvP with keep sieges, you will get the same currency. Your choice of game mode and activity in that game mode will properly reward you now, but of course at different ratios for each activity, as it used to be.
- Do I need to buy gear and potions now?
Spoiler:
You don't necessarily need to. We're just sharing more details to assist you in preventing confusion. The new currency will not make you go bankrupt, you will hardly notice a difference and you'll be able to get the new unified currency relatively faster than the current ones due to the fact that it is rewarded from much more activities as it isn't content-locked.
- Will the ranked currencies be included?
Spoiler:
At the moment no. In the future, maybe.
- Can't you make the old and new system's exchanges better?
Spoiler:
We will always try to make it better in the future, based on feedback. But at the moment, we've done our best and have studied the optimal path for the release.

Balance Patch
Notice regarding Balance Patch

While there may be some small balance tweaks during the new season, we will not have a major balance patch during this pre-season of Ranked, as we believe it would be a rushed decision. We have received many suggestions from the community and Realm Champions, but would like more polished, detailed discussions before implementation.

Stay tuned for further announcements of balances changes that might happen during the season itself.

Twitch Drops
Drops are coming again

With tonight's Land of the Dead final test, it's safe to assume that the official release will come shortly after. On Wednesday 9 March, we will be activating Twitch Drops again to celebrate the release of Necropolis of Zandri, with many thanks to the players who helped us test the zone and its mechanics. More details about the Twitch Drops will be shared with streamers later on during the upcoming week.

Ads
Albais

Re: LotD final test & latest news

Post#2 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:56 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:29 pm
A major currency revamp system has been under development for several weeks and will be ready for release on Wednesday 9 March. More details of the new unified currency will be shared in its respective patch notes when it's released in addition to a wiki page that will be set to make sure the whole system and its new currency are clear.

It is important to keep in mind that all the RvR currencies that you now have will be automatically converted to the new currency based on a specified exchange rate. While we will convert existing currencies, you are highly advised to spend your current currencies on gear sets that you can partially buy, due to the imperfect conversion rate resulting from a difference between the systems.

What is the rationale behind this change? Were there any big problems with the current currency system?
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

Omegus

Post#3 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:59 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:29 pm Major Currency Changes
A major currency revamp system has been under development for several weeks and will be ready for release on Wednesday 9 March. More details of the new unified currency will be shared in its respective patch notes when it's released in addition to a wiki page that will be set to make sure the whole system and its new currency are clear.

It is important to keep in mind that all the RvR currencies that you now have will be automatically converted to the new currency based on a specified exchange rate. While we will convert existing currencies, you are highly advised to spend your current currencies on gear sets that you can partially buy, due to the imperfect conversion rate resulting from a difference between the systems.
Are we able to get some more info on this before the patch drops so people can plan what to buy? I have many questions!

1) Yyou mentioned "Unified currency" but then said that RvR currency will be converted to the new currency. What about the scenario currency and public quest currencies?

2) Will the boots and gloves for various sets still be BOE? These are one of the current currency sinks (buy the boots/gloves to give to other people/characters or to sell on the AH), so we need to know if stocking up on these won't be a waste of currency (especially if you do not have the magical salvaging skill to melt them down if the BOE status changes).

3) The other main currency sink are potions. Will these maintain the same price ratio on the new system? For example, currently with 1000 Vanquisher tokens I can buy 1000 Vanquisher potions. When those Vanquisher tokens get converted to the unified currency, will the conversion rate be enough to buy 1000 Vanquisher potions?

4) I am one of the fortunate players who has a lot of spare Royal Crests with nothing to spend them on. How well do they fare in the new currency exchange rates? With no Royal potions to spend them on, if I used them now then I would be just buying duplicate armour pieces that I don't need to turn into the same potency of talisman that I would get from the low Redeye set.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Jeliel80

Post#4 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:05 pm

"It is important to keep in mind that all the RvR currencies that you now have will be automatically converted to the new currency based on a specified exchange rate. While we will convert existing currencies, you are highly advised to spend your current currencies on gear sets that you can partially buy, due to the imperfect conversion rate resulting from a difference between the systems."

What does that mean exactly?
Can't you study it better and make a less imperfect conversion? :D
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 80

Topdude

Post#5 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:48 pm

Happy to see a unified currency! One of the best moves Mythic/EA made was to move to one type of coin. But I do wish that if there are imperfections in the conversion system that you would take the time to iron out the bugs. The game has changed so much over the past two years because of trials by the Devs that haven't worked as planned but the ill effects still exist (ex. PVE changes made nearly a year ago).
And speaking of things that don't work or are bugged.
Is there any plan to fix dyes??????
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19526

theoddone

Post#6 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:32 pm

Balance Patch
Notice regarding Balance Patch

While there may be some small balance tweaks during the new season, we will not have a major balance patch during this pre-season of Ranked, as we believe it would be a rushed decision. We have received many suggestions from the community and Realm Champions, but would like more polished, detailed discussions before implementation.

Stay tuned for further announcements of balances changes that might happen during the season itself.
Since the implementation of "realm champions", I thought the idea was to have balance changes happen in cycles. That balance changes would be tested in pre-season of ranked, and the realm champions would work on changes during the season. Correct me if I'm wrong.

However, this has not happened at all. Before season 3 there was a small balance patch with very few changes. There had been several months of time to make changes before that...
Now since the last balance patch, there has been almost 3/4 months to make changes (season 3 started in November if I remember correctly).
How much time is needed for the changes not to be "rushed"? 6 months? Or could it be that the current system is not working?
-Theo

Kaelang

Post#7 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:46 pm

Omegus wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:59 pm
GamesBond wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:29 pm Major Currency Changes

Are we able to get some more info on this before the patch drops so people can plan what to buy? I have many questions!

1) Yyou mentioned "Unified currency" but then said that RvR currency will be converted to the new currency. What about the scenario currency and public quest currencies?

2) Will the boots and gloves for various sets still be BOE? These are one of the current currency sinks (buy the boots/gloves to give to other people/characters or to sell on the AH), so we need to know if stocking up on these won't be a waste of currency (especially if you do not have the magical salvaging skill to melt them down if the BOE status changes).

3) The other main currency sink are potions. Will these maintain the same price ratio on the new system? For example, currently with 1000 Vanquisher tokens I can buy 1000 Vanquisher potions. When those Vanquisher tokens get converted to the unified currency, will the conversion rate be enough to buy 1000 Vanquisher potions?

4) I am one of the fortunate players who has a lot of spare Royal Crests with nothing to spend them on. How well do they fare in the new currency exchange rates? With no Royal potions to spend them on, if I used them now then I would be just buying duplicate armour pieces that I don't need to turn into the same potency of talisman that I would get from the low Redeye set.
I’m going to answer some of these without going too in-depth as, as you know, things are subject to change and things develop in real time.

That being said I’ll try to be as transparent as allowed currently to alleviate some of these queries.

1 - RvR and Scenario currency is currently planned to be unified.

2 - There aren’t any current plans to change the items - only the currency and means of purchase. They should remain BoE.

3 - There is a mathematical equation being utilised in the background to ratio the currency accordingly. As mentioned in the OP it does have its imperfections based on the fundamental design of his currency interacts with gameplay but the consensus is to keep time to obtain similar based on simple ratios of currency exchanges.

4 - I don’t want to give out too much on specifics but as you probably guessed Royal Crests are our highest conversion ratio at this time.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Kaelang

Post#8 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:50 pm

Jeliel80 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:05 pm Can't you study it better and make a less imperfect conversion? :D
Also going to jump on this part.

This has been a huge project in work for a considerable amount of time.

The reason for imperfections isn’t necessarily based on the mathematical ratios - it’s more on the means of obtaining gear in comparison with obtaining new currency.

The difficulty comes in when you consider how fast you get a number of a specific currency and you change that to a singular. Common sense here says it will take longer to obtain X as it’s worth Z. Which is where some of the tuning is done.

The ratios behind the currency exchange rates seem pretty good from what I’ve personally seen but regardless of how many times the numbers are ran it won’t ever be completely perfect based on the fundamentals of gear progression and acquisition of current currency.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:02 pm

... In addition, you can now only capture objectives at most 2 steps away from a connected objective owned by your realm, or 2 steps from your warcamp.
I can't say I like that. This means people will zerg more at a certain location, because you can't attack flags deep in the enemy backline.
Dying is no option.

Jeliel80

Post#10 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:11 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:50 pm
Jeliel80 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:05 pm Can't you study it better and make a less imperfect conversion? :D
Also going to jump on this part.

This has been a huge project in work for a considerable amount of time.

The reason for imperfections isn’t necessarily based on the mathematical ratios - it’s more on the means of obtaining gear in comparison with obtaining new currency.

The difficulty comes in when you consider how fast you get a number of a specific currency and you change that to a singular. Common sense here says it will take longer to obtain X as it’s worth Z. Which is where some of the tuning is done.

The ratios behind the currency exchange rates seem pretty good from what I’ve personally seen but regardless of how many times the numbers are ran it won’t ever be completely perfect based on the fundamentals of gear progression and acquisition of current currency.
Ok I understand that, but I don't see why you won't share the conversion rate, BEFORE you release the patch.
So we can actually decide if to use the currency before end, instead of getting angry AFTER.
Thanks for you time.
PS: just wanna point out that on live the ONE currency change was disastrous, but I'm sure you took that well into consideration.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 80