Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 09/03/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
normanis

Re: Patch Notes 09/03/2022

Post#191 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:51 pm

i think new changes are for casual players. u dont need to be x hour for fort/city. 1 currency for all rvr zones.
only potions cost too crazy price. and also t1-2 gear costs are crazy
i would give only 9 royals for x25 hp pots not 5 pots. those who need gear mean u need to think bue gear or extra pot. or better farm absorb pots and hp pots. and pass rr pot
p.s.s ranked is even alive? i que for days and no pop.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Gravord

Post#192 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:55 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:43 pm
Gravord wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:31 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:27 pm Please/please reconsider genesis/subjugator prices they are 10x harder to get than before. I dont understand why they cannot be bought with war crests too, introducing new currency with unifying currency patch is really odd. Genesis/subj is entry level t4 gear and they shouldnt be as hard to get as it is right now. Thank you.
Thats not exactly true. 2 pc genesis is currently rr80 chars meta. And for many classes subj weapon upscaled to fort level weapon is bis aswell.
So the years of getting one genesis piece in blue+ bags and subjugator in purple+ bags was considered too fast and intentionally slowed down 10x ?
Keep in mind now even lvl 16 can start collecting currency for genesis and subjugator, its not lvl/rr restricted anymore to drop.
normanis wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:51 pm p.s.s ranked is even alive? i que for days and no pop.
Was very much alive yesterday with 4 ongoing games at the same time.

normanis

Post#193 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:57 pm

Gravord wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:55 pm

Thats not exactly true. 2 pc genesis is currently rr80 chars meta. And for many classes subj weapon upscaled to fort level weapon is bis aswell.
So the years of getting one genesis piece in blue+ bags and subjugator in purple+ bags was considered too fast and intentionally slowed down 10x ?
Keep in mind now even lvl 16 can start collecting currency for genesis and subjugator, its not lvl/rr restricted anymore to drop.
normanis wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:51 pm p.s.s ranked is even alive? i que for days and no pop.
hm ok.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

agemennon675

Post#194 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:00 pm

lvl 16 still needs to use their bags for crests, they cant use them until later, getting them earlier does not justify them being 10x more expensive than before. imo
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Gravord

Post#195 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:05 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:00 pm

lvl 16 still needs to use their bags for crests, they cant use them until later, getting them earlier does not justify them being 10x more expensive than before. imo
Its a fair choice lower level character can make. Focus solely on crest or ensure jewels/weapons upon reaching lvl 40. Crest drops left and right from every source now and pricing is likely not finalized.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#196 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:48 pm

Lion1986 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:34 am
I like the idea of the unified currency but the implementation is not good from a balance point of view
CASUAL PLAYERS means persons that play game maybe 1 hour a day if we are lucky. Balancing game on these kind of players will mostly ruin the whole server. Don't get me wrong, i got nothing against player themselves, but MMORPG (like this game) always have been grindy and time consuming by definition. for a casual player getting geared via zerg or bags makes little difference. Plus this is first patch. later on devs can lower the amount needed. It is not something set in stone forever.
a lot of casuals will simply quit over time due to how expensive the gear has become
not a big loss. Casuals boost pop numbers, ofc, but in an essential way they are basically like bots.
Calling casuals "bots" is probably the worst thing I have read on these forums since coming back. They are people, with jobs etc you want to discriminate against those that have a different real life scenario than you do it somewhere else. Being childish or a bully on a forum post is beneath those of us that actually care about this game and want to see it succeed. "BOTS"; I commend you for saying the dumbest thing I have heard on these forums yet and that says a lot.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Rochaid29

Post#197 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:56 am

Lion1986 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:26 am you should play if you want. You should not play if you do not want. simple as that. Game is like this. whining on forum won't change how devs are gonna patch the emulator. Just we got to live with it and give our best.
First you call people with real life obligations "bots" and now you claim that people voicing their concerns are whiners.
I am not whining, I am providing feedback on a major change that affects my game-play in a mostly negative way in the hopes it can be reviewed/considered and tweaked.

If my experience with the game after this patch does not align with yours and your opinions. It doesn't really matter, no one is asking you to white knight anyone here. This thread is for feedback.

Sulorie

Post#198 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:56 am

Farrul wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:46 am 1) Bag efficiency in RvR is nerfed a lot.
Previously 25 Gold bags/75 royals were needed to purchase Sovereign trinket. Now you need 45+ Gold bags/1849 war crests for the very same Sovereign trinket.
If you only log for city, you get less currency and it takes significantly longer as you noticed. If you add in all other pvp activities you usually do as a real player and not only city-logger, you get a lot additional crests.
Basically you can't leech your way up with passive play anymore, you have to do something.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Farrul

Post#199 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:40 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:56 am
Farrul wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:46 am 1) Bag efficiency in RvR is nerfed a lot.
Previously 25 Gold bags/75 royals were needed to purchase Sovereign trinket. Now you need 45+ Gold bags/1849 war crests for the very same Sovereign trinket.
If you only log for city, you get less currency and it takes significantly longer as you noticed. If you add in all other pvp activities you usually do as a real player and not only city-logger, you get a lot additional crests.
Basically you can't leech your way up with passive play anymore, you have to do something.
My point is about RvR bags efficiency doing RvR, not city.

If you add everything it's a nerf and increased grind for the casual/real player, i.e not leeching players but casuals with real life responsabilities. The exception is for those with geared toons in small scale premades able to farm a huge pile of War Crests at an alarming rate thus trivializing content in a bad way, creating a new and nedless imbalance not possible in the old system.

The solution is to nerf War Crest per kill and increase the value of RvR bags, alternatively lower the cost of gear and nerf War Crests per kill, the latter is highly abusive atm(I agree it is fun, but poor balance-wise which is my real concern).
Last edited by Farrul on Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

13eara

Post#200 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:49 am

Gear costs are way too high for lower tier sets. Invader and lower gears should be drastically lowered. Keeping people in gear sets that are 2 tiers lower than max ranks means you're keeping them at a disadvantage when they could afford to be on equal footing. Lame.

The gear gatekeeping is whack. I'd rather everyone be in equal gear and let skill sort it out. Giving people the opportunity to play and gear multiple classes and archetypes allows for a more immersive experience for everyone and will encourage better grouping as people will have more to choose from when creating said group.