Recent Topics

Ads

EXPERIMENTAL force dx 11.0

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

EXPERIMENTAL force dx 11.0

Post#1 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:44 pm

I found a *microsoft dev tolkit in sdk called dxcpl.exe which enable to indirectly force any direct x version installed in system onto any exe.

It's alternative to vulkan proxy (which seems to cause stutter on windows) from this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=43680

The set up is described in my guide (bottom part ) here / but due some bug with warhammer show frame options, if your overclcok dosent work or your texture gpu bar can't be change; try to flag in either windowed/fullscreen the "show frame" or unflag it if you have it alredy check and test these 4 variables.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

it does seems to work (dx11.0 or 11.1 depending on machine) and fix stutter while turning camera

EDIT: add #Tesq4282 for guide and help with performance issues

NOTE: it wont show even after apply your app is using dx 11 or more, but the improvement should be concrete (of course it will depend machine from machine).

NOTE 2: win 10+ user should try also dx12.0/12.1, fullscreen; if gpu texture memory is disable or you stutter try flag/unflag show frame setting.

NOTE 3: i leave here some data on which spec + setting ppl saw an improvement
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

rx550 (amd) win 7 pro
forced dx11.0 
fullscreen with show frame enable
alternative v-sync

gtx1080 (nvidia) win 7 pro 
forced dx11.1(WARP)
windowed with show frame enable
alternative v-sync

////////////

gtx Titan (nvidia) win 10
forced dx 12.1(WARP)

Uknown GPU  win10,  
forced dx 12.1 (WARP)

/////////////

rtx 3090 (nvidia) win 11
forced dx11.1 (????)
???? with ???? enable/disable

/////////////
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:46 am, edited 16 times in total.

Ads
Kenshiken

Re: EXPERIMENTAL force dx 11.0

Post#2 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:13 pm

Doesn't work for me at all

Win 11
RTX 3090

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#3 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:14 pm

where did you get it from? is there source code available for it?

EDIT: Much prefer a more official link since I don't particularly like the idea of putting a random .exe file into my sys32 folder.

Kenshiken

Post#4 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:04 pm

tvbrowntown wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:14 pm where did you get it from? is there source code available for it?

EDIT: Much prefer a more official link since I don't particularly like the idea of putting a random .exe file into my sys32 folder.
it come from a bundle DirectX Software Development Kit
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=6812
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Utilities\bin"
there is a x86 or x64 folder
inside there is dxcpl.exe you can use

Tesq

Post#5 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:14 pm

Kenshiken wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:13 pm Doesn't work for me at all

Win 11
RTX 3090
it wont get show that is dx11 anywhere but it should indeed work, cant really test it, i just got 2-3 ppl and told me it improved their game, guess it's working then. It could also be such by disable other part of windows as described in the guide (see disable DEP in guide ), not sure it's experimental.
EDIT: saw now win 11 that is untested, i got win 7 and 10 ppl. sy...maybe try 11.1 or 12+?
tvbrowntown wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:14 pm where did you get it from? is there source code available for it?

its a discontinued dev debugger tool but can be use this way also, check sdk 2010, 2012 etc, there are diff version it got updated till win 10.

in reality you should check dxdiag to see what version you have and then get the same version for dxcpl.exe but its old stuff so im still looking around

from that repositary i've linked it miss the 6.0 which is win 7 one altough 6.3 does work on win 7 aswell.

Kenshiken

Post#6 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:29 pm

Tesq wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:14 pm

Win 11
RTX 3090
it wont get show that is dx11 anywhere but it should indeed work, cant really test it, i just got 2-3 ppl and told me it improved their game, guess it's working then. It could also be such by disable other part of windows as described in the guide (see disable DEP in guide ), not sure it's experimental.
EDIT: saw now win 11 that is untested, i got win 7 and 10 ppl. sy...maybe try 11.1 or 12+?

its a discontinued dev debugger tool but can be use this way also, check sdk 2010, 2012 etc, there are diff version it got updated till win 10.

in reality you should check dxdiag to see what version you have and then get the same version for dxcpl.exe but its old stuff so im still looking around

from that repositary i've linked it miss the 6.0 which is win 7 one altough 6.3 does work on win 7 aswell.
Oh, it's should still say that I use dx9 in game?
I will try to actually play with it than and check my performance

Tesq

Post#7 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:33 pm

Spoiler:
Kenshiken wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:29 pm
Tesq wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:14 pm

Win 11
RTX 3090

Oh, it's should still say that I use dx9 in game?
I will try to actually play with it than and check my performance
yes sy consider this a ""ghetto"" /impromptu solution if it mean anything in eng, im not a programmer etc

Kenshiken

Post#8 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:52 pm

That's insane.

It's completely fixes ANY stutters for me. Will test more.

For the first glance it's less performance than DXVK, but it's stutter-free. (I mean really, just try it yourself)

I will stay with this dx 11.1 wrap mode until they update DXVK with latest Pull Requests that the Dev think would fix stutters with DXVK.

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:52 pm

Kenshiken wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:52 pm That's insane.

It's completely fixes ANY stutters for me. Will test more.

For the first glance it's less performance than DXVK, but it's stutter-free. (I mean really, just try it yourself)

I will stay with this dx 11.1 wrap mode until they update DXVK with latest Pull Requests that the Dev think would fix stutters with DXVK.
did you try only with force warp? cuz i had fps drop with it, async dosent work well with all GPU

also stutter can happen for various reason, when did that happen, when you turn camera or when you fight?
btw can you tell me for the sake of test which dxcpl version did you use and on which windows version?

unfairway2003

Post#10 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:55 pm

I used with Win10 on 1050 ti, had to used the Win7-9 file because the Win10 file didnt work, and when I started the game I noticed it disabled the ability to max GPU on settings:
Tried around with setting to 11_0, 11_1, and 12_1, kept noticing that random faces of some players would look like this and it took a little bit of time for game to automatically load their faces properly again:
Ty but since I cant max my GPU cache in settings with this I'll have to stick with DXVK 10.1, which btw, 10.0 was causing my head to disappear, 1.7.3 was causing a crash after SC's ended, and 1.8 was causing map colors to mess up. @Tesq did it disable ability to max GPU in settings with your graphics card?