Recent Topics

Ads

Witch Hunter: Wit or Fortress Weapon?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
F4llen4ngel

Re: Witch Hunter: Wit or Fortress Weapon?

Post#11 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:07 am

I just googled it for fun using the description "30% increased by 50% is", and it gave me 45%, but okay, 80% sounds better :), english is not my native lang.
Bicska this Bicska that

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#12 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:40 am

F4llen4ngel wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:07 am I just googled it for fun using the description "30% increased by 50% is", and it gave me 45%, but okay, 80% sounds better :), english is not my native lang.
it does not increase the base value of your armor pen (30*0.5+30) but adds another 50% to your base so it is indeed 70-80% depending on your weaponskill. that is why blessed blade is so good

Fenris78

Post#13 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:35 pm

Mindbleed wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:05 am Very insightful and helpful, thank you.

Do procs like Fortress weapon and Wit trigger from all attacks equally? Does it matter, if they are equipped in main or off? Does weapon damage or speed have any effect in your abilities? Ive learned from other games, that slower main hand weapons are generally better in pvp, would you say thats the case in RoR?
You welcome ;)

Procs have equal chance to proc on every direct damage skill or autoattack, excluding DoTs and other procs (like blessed bullets, etc.).

It doesnt matter if main hand of off hand got procs, every aforementioned AA or skill is able to proc them. Multiple procs can trigger from each proccing test, i.e. you can proc both weapon procs + enchant proc (auras, BW enchant, etc.) from the same hit.

ABout slower main weapon, again you need to test your dps, for example by doing multiple combats again constructs, only using AA. Or you can calculate your main attack damage, then divide by the weapon speed to know your average damage per second.
Do the same for off-hand (using the same formula, you'll get an approximation), using the main hand speed as divider * 0.45 (the off-hand proc chance).

Fenris78

Post#14 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:38 pm

F4llen4ngel wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:07 am I just googled it for fun using the description "30% increased by 50% is", and it gave me 45%, but okay, 80% sounds better :), english is not my native lang.
inoeth wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:40 am it does not increase the base value of your armor pen (30*0.5+30) but adds another 50% to your base so it is indeed 70-80% depending on your weaponskill. that is why blessed blade is so good
Afaik remember that armor pen is hard-capped to 75% (if that didnt change, was the case last 2-3 years iirc) ;)

Mindbleed

Post#15 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:40 am

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:35 pm
Mindbleed wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:05 am Very insightful and helpful, thank you.

Do procs like Fortress weapon and Wit trigger from all attacks equally? Does it matter, if they are equipped in main or off? Does weapon damage or speed have any effect in your abilities? Ive learned from other games, that slower main hand weapons are generally better in pvp, would you say thats the case in RoR?
You welcome ;)

Procs have equal chance to proc on every direct damage skill or autoattack, excluding DoTs and other procs (like blessed bullets, etc.).

It doesnt matter if main hand of off hand got procs, every aforementioned AA or skill is able to proc them. Multiple procs can trigger from each proccing test, i.e. you can proc both weapon procs + enchant proc (auras, BW enchant, etc.) from the same hit.

ABout slower main weapon, again you need to test your dps, for example by doing multiple combats again constructs, only using AA. Or you can calculate your main attack damage, then divide by the weapon speed to know your average damage per second.
Do the same for off-hand (using the same formula, you'll get an approximation), using the main hand speed as divider * 0.45 (the off-hand proc chance).

One final question/s in relation to this. I saw an ability damage formula in which weapon dps had an effect on the result. Is this still true? If so, how big of a difference would there be between a 54 dps weapon and a 57 dps weapon? Is there something important to know about this?

inoeth
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:21 am

the more the better ;) however it depends on you class and spec, for a def WE for example it is far better to use the 54 dps 1.6s weapon over the 57 dps 2.8 because you need to get 5 bloodlust fast because you actual dmg comes from WB. for a dps WE however its better to use the fortress weapon because your dmg comes from agonize and not so much from finishers.

Fenris78

Post#17 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:52 pm

inoeth wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:21 am the more the better ;) however it depends on you class and spec, for a def WE for example it is far better to use the 54 dps 1.6s weapon over the 57 dps 2.8 because you need to get 5 bloodlust fast because you actual dmg comes from WB. for a dps WE however its better to use the fortress weapon because your dmg comes from agonize and not so much from finishers.
AFAIK, autoattack dont generate bloodlust, as they are not generating accusations for the WH either.

While I agree WB will proc on each autoattack hit (provided they respect the ability ICD), I dont see how a fast autoattack is better unless you have multiple procs.
Probably better for the WE since every hit can proc a Kiss, but for the WH it absolutely doesnt matter for general purpose.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#18 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:23 am

i don't know where you found "auto attack" in my post

Ads
Fenris78

Post#19 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:37 am

inoeth wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:23 am i don't know where you found "auto attack" in my post
inoeth wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:21 am [...]it is far better to use the 54 dps 1.6s weapon over the 57 dps 2.8 because you need to get 5 bloodlust fast because you actual dmg comes from WB.[...]
Either I misread you completely, or did you imply a faster weapon allow to build bloodlust faster ?
Saving for autoattack speed, weapon speed is irrelevant, especially to build mechanic points faster, thus a faster weapon speed allow (slightly) faster WB procs (WB still have icd iirc, so faster weapon speed is marginal effect for WB application speed).

Pardon me if I misunderstood you, but I dont know what you meant exactly.

geezereur

Post#20 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:00 pm

How much of an improvement is Bloodlord + Fortress Weapons over 2x Fortress weapon?
Is it a must to get bloodlord weapon?