Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] Preparation for lvl40?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
zgrzycistopa

[RP] Preparation for lvl40?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:42 am

Hi,

First of all- yes i know about Bitterstone Dwarf Handbook but still have questions:
1) What's current best armor sets for healing RP and what's the source of required items for those?
2) before getting those- arę there some particular items I should get?
3) Is crit build focused on Grungis gift still the meta? If yes - what's crit cap I should reach? And what are current other caps I should aim?
4) Any things I should already start farming before reaching 40?
5) Is Blessing of Valaya healing only my party or whole warband?

Ads
zgrzycistopa

Re: [RP] Preparation for lvl40?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:39 pm

Bump

Cyrylius

Post#3 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:01 am

Now, to begin with, a disclaimer: I don't have a RP levelled, only a zealot. Mirror is pretty exact, so I should be able to answer.
1. Full vanquisher is good, before that various combinations with beastlords. Willpower scales notoriously bad, so you mainly look for defensive stats: wounds, crit reduce and especially armour-and with beastlord 3 pieces bonus you get armour. Then sov/warlord 5/4 or 4/5, depending on how tanky you want to be, then 6 triumphant 3 sov after you can afford the replica. Before vanq probably ruin is good, but I honestly barely remember the stats on those early 40 sets. All the items come from oRvR, except beastlord which you get from beastlord bosses and ruin from pqs. I vaguely remember there being a crit- bonus on some lotd pieces but that probably requires research.
2. Lots of gold, armour talismans are still more or less optimal unless ST sorc becomes real threat for healers who can cleanse rotations instantly. And then item from kak
3. Crit as high as possible while staying tough, probably can go a bit higher on crit with stoutness of stone if running it than a zealot. 9k wounds roughly, as much armour as possible, 0% ctbc or lower, 30+ heal crit is I think more or less expected. Willpower will usually be around 600 but getting below that shouldn't be a disaster. Yes, crit build and flash heals is still meta and pretty much only heal zealot build.
4. Same as 2, you don't need any dungeon gear except ring, you can however start running gunbad a bit earlier, red-eye is probably ok entry set for RP.
5. Only your party, only when in range.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Lion1986

Post#4 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:39 am

I highly suggest swap armor for toughness. Melee meatball totally bypass/ignore armor. toughness, on the other side, cannot be ignored and is a more reliable source of reduction.

Kenshiken

Post#5 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:48 am

Lion1986 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:39 am I highly suggest swap armor for toughness. Melee meatball totally bypass/ignore armor. toughness, on the other side, cannot be ignored and is a more reliable source of reduction.
So all-in slots to Toughness?

Loans

Post#6 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:16 pm

You can go conqueror then vaquisher, at this level wounds talis are good then you can swap to armor or toughness once you get sov/warlord. at least 8k wounds to survive against witch elf burst

Lion1986

Post#7 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:58 pm

Kenshiken wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:48 am
Lion1986 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:39 am I highly suggest swap armor for toughness. Melee meatball totally bypass/ignore armor. toughness, on the other side, cannot be ignored and is a more reliable source of reduction.
So all-in slots to Toughness?
either toughness or, as the previous post said, wounds are NEVER wrong. more life means more burst damage resistance. Bear in mind that as healer you are a walking with a big target on your head for enemy dpsers. (unless they are mentally disabled of course)

Nameless

Post#8 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:29 pm

I personally use mixed talis. My main goal is -crit which I got like -25. To reach that u need some iniative at talis, rest I use for toughness and some wounds. Armor is too expensive and only works vs melee (which is heavy focused on destro but other stats works vs all so I prefer them)
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Lion1986

Post#9 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:34 pm

Nameless wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:29 pm Armor is too expensive and RARELY works vs melee
Fixed for you sir =)

Toggle

Post#10 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:06 pm

You can find more information than you will probably ever want to know regarding talismans for healers in the thread below. It's date, but in my opinion, still very much applicable.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38181&hilit=healer+debate
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]