Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Salvation WP Guide

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Scottx125

Re: [WP] Salvation WP Guide

Post#11 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:02 am

diamond241 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:41 pm Thoughts on utilizing 5 Sovereign and 4 invader pieces? Also utilizing the 2x undying pieces for the extra toughness.

It should give you roughly:

+88 Willpower/+75 Willpower
+88 Wounds /+75 Wounds
+75 Toughness

I know you are giving up the talisman slot in the jewlry, but the 4 piece triumphant bonus doesn't seem like its great. I would rather stack more toughness for survivability..
Your healing amount doesn't really go up with gear all that much, what you tend to get more is survivability. Which is good, now willpower isn't completely useless. IT does add MORE healing, but you need a LOT of it to make an impact. What you really go in for however with the Triumphant set is the gear bonuses. Heal Crit is worth on average roughly double that of willpower for increasing your healing, and reduced chance to be crit is better than toughness (which works better on DoTs and frequent low damage ticks which aren't what do the most damage to you, big crits from sorcs or melee DPS do the most damage). So from the Tri set you get 6% crit heal (if you slot crit heal in the ring) and 5% reduced crit chance.

Yes, you want to be tanky. But not at the expense of your healing. You have to find the right balance, and for me. That is as long as you're not getting focused, you should be one of the last people to die in your group/warband. Your survival comes from your positioning, healing, AoE detaunting at the correct moments, use of tactics and group members helping you. 80 toughness won't make much difference. And 2x Undying is standard.

Now if everyone went for pure stats and no critical chance. You'd be correct. Because there'd be no point investing in anti crit if nobody was critting. Problem is most DPS run high main stat, high crit builds. And considering Crit/Reduce crit is essentially additive/subtractive like toughness is to a main stat and considering the fact that Crit increase/decrease is twice as effective as the base stat. It's just more logical to go with the crit/anti crit. Plus nothing can counter heal crit so.. :D.

Now, I'll be honest I haven't crunched the numbers and someone could come up with the ultimate tanky/heal WP. That's entirely possible. I just don't feel like sitting there doing all the math as I'm happy with my build. If you do, here's some info you might want:

Crits are always initially without modifiers (base damage + 35% + a random range of 20% on top). When translated from 1% crit value to a main stat it's roughly 1% crit to 9 willpower, it's the same for other stats. That's the average amount of extra willpower to healing you'd require to make up for failing to hit that 1% crit over 100 heals at average crit healing. Toughness is the same, 1% reduce crit is equal to 9 toughness, as in how much toughness would you need to make up the same loss of damage if that 1% reduced crit didn't occur. In order to boost your heal bonus by 1, you need 5 willpower, or for dps, 5 strength.

So for a quick bit of math, that +75 toughness and willpower is roughly worth 8.3% reduced crit chance and 8.3% heal crit. The Tri set adds 6.5% reduce crit (and a tad more from ini) + 17.5% crit heal chance (with 4% crit gem in). You get far more bang for your buck. Then you slot toughness talis up the wazoo to make yourself more tanky. And go 3-4 futile strikes and 2-3 crit heal in renown. If you wanted, you could run full defensive with the glory weapons and book plus the reduced crit soul stone gem and event item. But that's overkill in my opinion. In high pressure situations I run close to -35% total negative crit (with linis and full FS) with 31% crit heal. In lower pressure situations I run closer to 36-39% crit heal and -20% reduced crit chance. Most main DPS get to 50%+ crit chance. And even if you had 60-70%, classes can debuff your ini or make it more likely for you to be crit hit or for someone to crit hit you. So the meta is avoidance > crit > main stat.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Kalionz

Post#12 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:57 pm

Hi, thx for your work.

I would know if it's possible to have a copy in PDF format to translate it in french please ?

Scottx125

Post#13 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:08 pm

Kalionz wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:57 pm Hi, thx for your work.

I would know if it's possible to have a copy in PDF format to translate it in french please ?
Sure, as long as credit for the original guide is given and you're willing to translate it I've no issue, I'll get a pdf version sorted out later today for you.

Edit: Okay, added a new link on the OP with a PDF for local downloads.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Kalionz

Post#14 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:31 pm

Nice thx so much

Nickwahh5

Post#15 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:02 am

The guide doesn't mention Conq gear -- is it worthless? I thought it had healing stats and bonus

Scottx125

Post#16 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:22 pm

Nickwahh5 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:02 am The guide doesn't mention Conq gear -- is it worthless? I thought it had healing stats and bonus
Not worthless. But it's in the same tier as red-eye. It's more efficient to use red-eye and save crests for later gear which is significantly better. Conq is better than red-eye. But not by much. Plus considering the fact that Vanq is only 10 renown ranks away which doesn't take long from 40-50. So you won't be spending that much time in redeye gear.

It's discussed under the Lvl 40 gearing section. Where there's the progression and options to skip gear sets to save crests. If you're just playing casually skipping gear is definitely possible. You could go vanq and ignore invader to rush full sov. But if you're part of a guild that runs regular WB's that tries to perform above average. I don't recommend skipping invader as it's a significant step up from vanq.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Scottx125

Post#17 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:01 pm

Updated the guide a little more, added more info on survivability options for the WP in tactics as well as more tactics that can be useful depending on playstyle.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

githappens

Post#18 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:13 pm

Focused Mind skipped? :O

Ads
Scottx125

Post#19 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:47 am

githappens wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:13 pm Focused Mind skipped? :O
It's okay, but compared with Siphon it's weak. Siphon is the ultimate anti-morale bomb/damage drop. If you're positioned correctly it'll instantly heal your group from 1hp to max. The only benefit WP gets from FM is the interrupt etc immunity. Because your AoE is a 1s cast, it's hard limited by the GCD timer. So even if it casts in .5 seconds, you still have to wait another 1s before you can cast again. Plus even if we could cast at .5, we'd run out of RF really fast and spend a good chunk of the time regening RF rather than healing. It's a good escape tool, but more often than not WP's don't escape because they need to be close to the frontline to make the most of their abilities, so if the frontline dies, you will probably die too.

On the AM for example their AoE heal is a 2.5s cast by default. If you pop FM it cuts it down by 1s. Which is big. Plus in the right party AMs have more of a resource pool to draw on due to AP regen from the group. So it can pump those heals. It's also useful as an escape tool as AM's and RP's don't tend to stay close to the front, they're usually a decent distance back as that's their defence. Consequently too, because they're so far back it doesn't make sense for them take take Siphon because it's less likely they'll hit anyone with it, and if they get KD'd they're not tanky enough to survive.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

githappens

Post#20 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:42 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:47 am
githappens wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:13 pm Focused Mind skipped? :O
It's okay, but compared with Siphon it's weak. Siphon is the ultimate anti-morale bomb/damage drop. If you're positioned correctly it'll instantly heal your group from 1hp to max. The only benefit WP gets from FM is the interrupt etc immunity. Because your AoE is a 1s cast, it's hard limited by the GCD timer. So even if it casts in .5 seconds, you still have to wait another 1s before you can cast again. Plus even if we could cast at .5, we'd run out of RF really fast and spend a good chunk of the time regening RF rather than healing. It's a good escape tool, but more often than not WP's don't escape because they need to be close to the frontline to make the most of their abilities, so if the frontline dies, you will probably die too.

On the AM for example their AoE heal is a 2.5s cast by default. If you pop FM it cuts it down by 1s. Which is big. Plus in the right party AMs have more of a resource pool to draw on due to AP regen from the group. So it can pump those heals. It's also useful as an escape tool as AM's and RP's don't tend to stay close to the front, they're usually a decent distance back as that's their defence. Consequently too, because they're so far back it doesn't make sense for them take take Siphon because it's less likely they'll hit anyone with it, and if they get KD'd they're not tanky enough to survive.
For roaming FM is over 9000 more useful than Siphon, as ability to kite is the king in open lakes, where you fight outnumbered.