Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer: BiS Sov + Triumph?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tyrvald

Re: Slayer: BiS Sov + Triumph?

Post#11 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:40 pm

rilor wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:18 pm Hey everyone,

Need some help with Slayer end game gear advice. What pieces of Sov and Triumph should I get for BiS? Or should I get a mix of Sov and Warlord instead? Any additional advice on end game jewelry for BiS?
If you don't want to share your secrets in the Forum, please private message me instead. Any advice is much appreciated.

See you in the lakes! :mrgreen:
Hello,

I think, the correct answer to your question depends on your gameplay you expect for =>
1) generally Do you play with Guild / Friend group (premade or not ?) ; Or do you play in WB ; Or Do you search for a Solobuild ??
What your playing style ( charrgee!!! or more guerilla ?? 8-) ) ?

There are several combo which could satisfy you and gave you a pleasure to play(kill).

Ads
rilor

Post#12 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:51 am

Tyrvald wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:40 pm
rilor wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:18 pm Hey everyone,

Need some help with Slayer end game gear advice. What pieces of Sov and Triumph should I get for BiS? Or should I get a mix of Sov and Warlord instead? Any additional advice on end game jewelry for BiS?
If you don't want to share your secrets in the Forum, please private message me instead. Any advice is much appreciated.

See you in the lakes! :mrgreen:
Hello,

I think, the correct answer to your question depends on your gameplay you expect for =>
1) generally Do you play with Guild / Friend group (premade or not ?) ; Or do you play in WB ; Or Do you search for a Solobuild ??
What your playing style ( charrgee!!! or more guerilla ?? 8-) ) ?

There are several combo which could satisfy you and gave you a pleasure to play(kill).
I am actually a SOLO player most of the time. I want a build that keeps me alive to win against solo 1v1 scenarios. Should I take Sov Grudgebound? Or Sov GrudgeFury? What is the ideal build for a slayer for solo play? Any additional advice is appreciated. Thanks :mrgreen:

Toshutkidup

Post#13 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:30 am

I’m not going to say my build is the definitive solo build and this is the way you need to play it. But for me, I run a 5 WL + 3 SoV build, stacking all WS talis. I grab ID in Skaven , Rampage and RoA in Troll tree’s. I run Grudgefury SoV myself to answer that question.

Now the expectation to running solo is I think you should have is your going to get dominated by about 50% of classes, the other 50% you can either dominate or get good close kills. You NOT gonna run around like a Sham/Am and kills all archetypes, you just don’t have the tools. Having only 1 CC breaker and only one real hard CC ability really can limit you when several classes can have multiple forms of CC and they have it on demand where as you need rage ( aka time to build to it ). But that all being said slayer is my most fun to solo and can be very enjoyable when you do get those unexpected kills that you really shouldn’t.

You will need to make sure ur managing rage, utilizing all tools correctly ( rampage, Numbing Strike , enverating blow , reckless gamble toggle etc. ) swap targets if fighting Xv1 to maximize ID. My normal Tactics are Brute force, Wild gambit, Stoutness and Riposte, however tactic swapping if you have the time is required depending on who ur going to fight.

Hope this helps a little.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Grock

Post#14 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:19 pm

x5 main Sov + x4 Triumph with the ring should be BiS for pretty much all playstyles - solo, group or wb, Evil already mentioned which pieces to get :)

However Triumph is a long way to get, as an easier option I suggest Vale-Walker set from Hunter's Vale
It takes basically just a week to get (1 piece per run, 18hours lockout) and has a ring, so you can run 4 pieces combo with 5piece sov (pretty much same setup as with Triumph)

Vale-Walker set gives more Wounds and Weaponskill than Warlord and in combination with x5 Sov will give more stats overall and with better selection IMO.
WL Melee Power bonus is neat, but just like strength it will have diminishing returns if you are at high STR already, its better to diversify your offensive stats between mainstat/power, crit%, armorpen (which 5piece Sov does) and also invest a bit more into wouns (provied by Vale Walker).
WL's AA haste is a neat bonus, but im not convinced if +15% is strong enough, considering you'll spend a fair amount of time casting channeled attacks (RoA & Retrib) that prevent auto-attacks from firing off.

Also with Vale-Walker you get an option to drop 4th piece bonus (which is just Strength) and do something more interesting:
a) swap to 6piece Sov & 3 piece VW to get 2 extra mastery points, which allows you to get heal debuff and either a tactic or one of the remaining Skaven abilities (No Escape can be really good as an extra Snare with extended 30ft range) in addition to the 3 biggest skills (RoA, ID, Rampage).
b) add Grimshimmer chestpiece for massive 184 hp regen bonus, with the Pocket Keg and VW Ring you'll be at whopping 312 hp/4 at a very little cost, its might not save you in a fight, but it will make random shaman/magus dots a lot less threatening.

p.s. we have channels in our guild's discord for these kinds of questions ;)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

facundo7777

Post#15 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:14 am

i have a question about gear. I play mostly solo, small scale or pug/semi organized wb.

i would like to try at 70 build with both runes (absorption and doom).

My q is. What is better:
1) 4 triumph/5sov for weapon skill triumph proc
2) 6 sov/3triumph for 2 master points to add heal debuff and firce might?

ravezaar

Post#16 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:49 am

That procc gives alot, it gives u WS and by doing that armor Pen and parry% it also takes away Toughness from your Target so I try to get in most builds if not all but sure u be without a Heal debuff when u run Solo so in smallscale and wb u dont need RoA. AS solo u kinda have to give up the heal debuff, wont beat a grp with a healer anyway so.

to add:

Gonna say nowdays best in Slot is considered 5 WL + 4 Triumph instead of the Sov/Tri-combo. Cause 5 WL gives u even more Melee Power + 75 xtra WS for the loss of wounds.

I run 5 WL + 4 Tri right now and 54 MP in my Ring slot and reach 262 dmg Bonus it hits like a truck and I still get 8300hp if I run Hunger Liniments. Its player choice I say
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

facundo7777

Post#17 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:07 am

ravezaar wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:49 am That procc gives alot, it gives u WS and by doing that armor Pen and parry% it also takes away Toughness from your Target so I try to get in most builds if not all but sure u be without a Heal debuff when u run Solo so in smallscale and wb u dont need RoA. AS solo u kinda have to give up the heal debuff, wont beat a grp with a healer anyway so.

to add:

Gonna say nowdays best in Slot is considered 5 WL + 4 Triumph instead of the Sov/Tri-combo. Cause 5 WL gives u even more Melee Power + 75 xtra WS for the loss of wounds.

I run 5 WL + 4 Tri right now and 54 MP in my Ring slot and reach 262 dmg Bonus it hits like a truck and I still get 8300hp if I run Hunger Liniments. Its player choice I say
thanks m8

Evilspinnre

Post#18 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:53 am

ravezaar wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:49 am That procc gives alot, it gives u WS and by doing that armor Pen and parry% it also takes away Toughness from your Target so I try to get in most builds if not all but sure u be without a Heal debuff when u run Solo so in smallscale and wb u dont need RoA. AS solo u kinda have to give up the heal debuff, wont beat a grp with a healer anyway so.

to add:

The weaponskill gain from Warlord is not worth the loss of crit and armour pen from sov. 5 sov 4 Triumphant is still BIS.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Ads
ravezaar

Post#19 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:27 am

the Crit% sry unless u really go into Crit is not imho worth it as a Slayer, had this Conversation with Rolgrom aswell he recommended Warlord and if u dont specc for Crit% I dont see the worth with Sov over WL stats. But if u wanna go Sov 5pcs do so. I rather take the 75 WS and 99 MP but play with what u like.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

licenje

Post#20 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:17 pm

5 sov +4 triump and you need gunbad dimond ring.... thats bis... cos then you can go fs 2 instead fs3 and be in -4% chance to be crit...
Donno what ppl play but if you play dps class and you tink you dont need crit, go swap to heal or tank and let dps guys do dps...