Recent Topics

Ads

Give to Kislev some love

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Lion1986

Re: Give to Kislev some love

Post#11 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:05 am

this game (both lorewise and geographically) is a total :| of warhammer world/lore. Praag is not adjacent to reikland, is enough to see total war map to realize it or just simply opening a warhammer book. I believe the original mythic devs had no idea how warhammer was in the day and how to make it so they basically copy/pasted comets everywhere to let ppl see that Praag was a order city.

Ads
GorkaBorka

Post#12 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:07 am

normanis wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:51 am would be nice to see ingame kislevites (i told this very long ago already) and chaos dwarfs. to balance around new races game. what 1 side lack are given to new race. (if noone whant mirror balance with 4 races)
It would be super cool, but unfortunately I don't think it will happen.
Chaos dwarfs... Guys with THE hats.

Lion1986

Post#13 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:09 am

yep. this game was, I believe (never played retail) like 10% of what should have been.

Grock

Post#14 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:58 am

Definitely change NPC models at least for the guys who have slavic names

These generic "griffon" soldiers everywhere with the same boring model and barely any armor on are such an eyesore

Would be amazing if there was any Kislev-themed NPC items/pieces that could be adapted to players for RP/fashion flavour
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Kpi

Post#15 » Fri May 06, 2022 10:31 am

The classic Kislev faction was inspired in all slavic nations, but mainly from Polish-Lituanian Empire before the war between the Commonwealth and the Zaporiya Cossacks. This is why Kislev main units are Winged Lancers (inspired in Polish-Lituanian Winged hussars) and Ungols and Kossars (Insipired in Zaporiya Cossacks).

Classic Winged lancers from Kislev

Wingeds hussars from Poland-Lituanian Commonwealth

Ungols horse archers

Only from announcements of Total War 3 the Kislevites began with Russians aesthetics
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

GorkaBorka

Post#16 » Fri May 06, 2022 12:56 pm

Don't want to argue really, just to add: Kislev tabletop army also has such units as Streltsi, Kreml guard, Boyar, Cossacks (historically it's a multi-ethnos thing).
Winged hussars are definitely its signature unit inspired by the polish one.
Back wise, basing on such things like, for example WFRP module "Something rotten in Kislev" from the famous "Enemy within" campaign you can't just say that Kislev is mainly inspired by anything. Slavic mix all-in-one burger? Imo, definitely.

normanis

Post#17 » Thu May 12, 2022 7:10 am

last pics are cossacs . strelci its just word for shoot in slavic. kreml mean actually fort (turk lang). winged husars are croatians in service of poland king , and catolic liked idea those wings on back so they make it happen also in their army. like angels leading to victory. kislevite is all slavic nation togather. not specific. ( i was previous mistaken they are pure rzecpospolita).
p.s sad there is no real pikeman - tercio in lore warhammer. or swisguard stuff. its would make game even better. in lore or new wh. tw series. also there is zero atention to teutogans and ulfric.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Hellfireuzu

Post#18 » Sun May 15, 2022 11:29 am

Still don't think that Praag (as a city) needs to look more Kislev-ic (Due to it not being built by those guys to begin with) But having more NPCs that currently occupy it be more appropriate seems about correct :)

Ads
Kpi

Post#19 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:48 am

This event is some love to Kislev... Best event ever <3
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+