Recent Topics

Ads

[SL] Should Slayer Deathblow finisher be the same as WL

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Edenwolf

[SL] Should Slayer Deathblow finisher be the same as WL

Post#1 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:33 pm

For the life of me I can't figure out why such a lore rich and finisher-esque move like Deathblow for Slayers(and Choppa) isn't a "garenteed crit,"(below 50% health) similar to the way other finishers in this game work. WL, Marauder and WP finishers come to mind. Too much to ask for a 2-handed only Slayer and Choppa ability? Thoughts?
Last edited by Edenwolf on Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bigfugginaxe SL ~ Blueshift MA ~ Healzealot ZL ~ Stalhrinn IB ~ Tarielle SW ~ Damngurl WE ~ Jediknight SM ~ Windsong AM

Ads
wildwindblows

Re: [SL] Should Slayer Deathblow finisher be the same as WL

Post#2 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:48 pm

I cannot even imagine how will be OP.

Panzer80

Post#3 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:50 pm

Those two classes are already the most potent pure damage dealers. That's probably why they don't have it.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Sever1n

Post#4 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:05 am

Its not so powerfull as u think. Best execute have sw. Lions hits ~1k on target. Think even bw nova hits harder.

Sulorie

Post#5 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:08 am

Sever1n wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:05 am Its not so powerfull as u think. Best execute have sw. Lions hits ~1k on target. Think even bw nova hits harder.
WL finisher does 1k DMG on target?
Dying is no option.

Whyumadbro

Post#6 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:42 am

nobody wants to play 2h slayer, the whole specc makes no sense. You need to go power through because holding grudges is shitty af. No way of getting rid of rage. The whole specc is summed up with this: ,, you do less damage but take way more"

Edenwolf

Post#7 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:48 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:42 am nobody wants to play 2h slayer, the whole specc makes no sense. You need to go power through because holding grudges is shitty af. No way of getting rid of rage. The whole specc is summed up with this: ,, you do less damage but take way more"
I agree holding grudges needs to be tuned. You should be able to sustain the yellow zone for much longer to cycle through more exhaustive blows as a few of them have utility involved etc. However this is another topic, we aren't here to debate the usefulness or tooltip damage etc., this is simply a suggestion to a particular ability, for those of us that do play it.
Bigfugginaxe SL ~ Blueshift MA ~ Healzealot ZL ~ Stalhrinn IB ~ Tarielle SW ~ Damngurl WE ~ Jediknight SM ~ Windsong AM

Edenwolf

Post#8 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:49 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:08 am
Sever1n wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:05 am Its not so powerfull as u think. Best execute have sw. Lions hits ~1k on target. Think even bw nova hits harder.
WL finisher does 1k DMG on target?
First of all, WL finisher can hit 2k+ and so can Deathblow with the Fierce Might tactic. Secondly, we aren't here to debate tooltip damage, rather the mechanic itself in comparison with other melee dps.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#9 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:51 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:42 am nobody wants to play 2h slayer, the whole specc makes no sense. You need to go power through because holding grudges is shitty af. No way of getting rid of rage. The whole specc is summed up with this: ,, you do less damage but take way more"
Yep! If Slayer/Choppa when using 2H automatically got Holding Grudges/Pent Up Rage with 4 stacks instead of 3 and it is passive buff no tactic needed then there is potential with with 2H builds. Add to 2H 75% Next AA hit after using finisher in furious and 50% if using finishers in berserk. With 4 stacks and big increase in AA dmg after using finishers, i would play 2H Slayer/Choppa over DW anytime if it worked like this, one can dream=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Whyumadbro

Post#10 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:28 am

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:51 pm
Yep! If Slayer/Choppa when using 2H automatically got Holding Grudges/Pent Up Rage with 4 stacks instead of 3 and it is passive buff no tactic needed then there is potential with with 2H builds. Add to 2H 75% Next AA hit after using finisher in furious and 50% if using finishers in berserk. With 4 stacks and big increase in AA dmg after using finishers, i would play 2H Slayer/Choppa over DW anytime if it worked like this, one can dream=)
I see potential in this! My perfect version would be that giantslayer exhaustive blows dont take rage away and every crits gives a stack wich increases AA up to 3-5% until rage is exhaustes ( i mean u just have to)