Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] Best survival build/set/itens?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Chosenoneror

[BG] Best survival build/set/itens?

Post#1 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:03 pm

Hi guys!

As the title says, what would be the best composition for survival of a BG in RvR today?

From build, armor, gems and everything he'll need to feel comfortable in RvR?

Ty!

Ads
Cyrylius

Re: [BG] Best survival build/set/itens?

Post#2 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:37 pm

To clarify, you are interested in solo or group play? And, by extension, regen gear/build or just tanky one?
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Chosenoneror

Post#3 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:30 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:37 pm To clarify, you are interested in solo or group play? And, by extension, regen gear/build or just tanky one?
Group 6 man =)

Regen is nice...

Tesq

Post#4 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:17 pm

Chosenoneror wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:03 pm Hi guys!

As the title says, what would be the best composition for survival of a BG in RvR today?

From build, armor, gems and everything he'll need to feel comfortable in RvR?

Ty!
If you want a survival 2h rvr build is mid +right mastery

Rugged, malekith bulwark, anger drives me, terrifeing foe.

2h from bb/be (avoidance proc)

Sov+warlord mix.+impervious wind (cuz you dont stack genesis in the build)

Regen poket from ork city quest.

Stack crit chance debuff from renown and avoidance, spare points into hardly concession(6%)

The build give the same regen you had in live with def sov , ironicaly is half the value for s+b tank.
If you use some corp nd spi talisman to cap resistences with malekit bulwark you will be auto protected by default from debuff value and still go around with 40% . This will allow you to shrug off any bw dmg and mostly st am dmg even while 2h ing around.
Capped toughness will work nice with high armor vs melee.(one of the two depending the attackers).

anarchypark

Post#5 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:53 pm

Does malekith bulwark work?
It didn't last time i tested. maybe a year ago?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Cyrylius

Post#6 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:53 am

I tested it about 2 weeks ago, both parts work and stack with resistances without hitch on softcap.
Also I do believe that stacking parry genesis items is the way in 6man, you will probably take lots of guard damage and very little direct attacks that are actually threatening. And another remark, warlord detaunt proc is probably best survival proc on tank sets.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

malark

Post#7 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:33 am

when on their own or in a group ? (bare in mind i'm not a full expert these are just my thoughts)

If on your own probably warlord (with toughness or wounds or even armor talismans) and 2 piece triumphant (gem + probably belt), full anguish spec where you take off 2-3 bits, spec full anguish tree with enough for parry tactic and aoe snare, and then put the armor back on to boost past the max. So you have the biggest self heal + biggest absorber shield + 10% chance every time you are hit of detaunting (side effect of this is str buff is something like 126 instead of 75 and gets passed on to your protector too)

I'm not sure about other jewlery, perhaps 2x genesis toughness or 1 purple gunbad diamond / a regen item like Fleshborne jet, or just 2 regen items. There's one dps sov piece (sholders) you can work in for regen (it also has a little morale per second which isn't bad) but you'd maybe just pass on triumphant then and just have sentinel gem and grab another 2 bits dps sov for when you are tanking dungeons / want to play without the detaunt, the alternative is to push triumphant to 4 pieces this way you get another 10% chance when hitting for 7% parry/dodge/disrupt and as far as I can see it stacks with memory of kalagamos. For weapon it can kinda depend, the fortress glaive can help you get away and memory of kalagamos can help you parry/dodge/disrupt.

Renown spec wise i'm not sure, but mainly you'd be looking at some kind of combo of reflexes (parry), vigor (wounds), blademaster (weapon skill), and futile strikes (chance to be crit reduction)

If you're in a group with heals and don't want to die, probably just loathing sov set or anything where you stack block. 4 piece triumphant looks pretty good. For shield the scenario anathema looks the best overall but fort shield isn't terrible if you're getting hit a lot. If going shield in a group, it probably is best to just 2x genesis toughness or wounds jewlery. I'm not familiar with the land of the dead jewlery, it might be the way to go as well.

malark

Post#8 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:34 am

Cyrylius wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:53 am Also I do believe that stacking parry genesis items is the way in 6man
interesting, the 3% parry piece actually provides less parry than the Rough Gunbad Amber because of the weaponskill.

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#9 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:38 pm

malark wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:34 am
Cyrylius wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:53 am Also I do believe that stacking parry genesis items is the way in 6man
interesting, the 3% parry piece actually provides less parry than the Rough Gunbad Amber because of the weaponskill.
This is rarely true..
The parry from WS calculation is:
(defender ws)/(attacker str)*0.075

Against a 1050 str softcapped dps you only gain 0.2% parry from the 28 WS.
Only against a SnB tank with 200 str or below do you gain +1% parry.

Use .getstats for evasion stats (parry, etc.).
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Tesq

Post#10 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:02 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:38 pm
malark wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:34 am
This is rarely true..
The parry from WS calculation is:
(defender ws)/(attacker str)*0.075

Against a 1050 str softcapped dps you only gain 0.2% parry from the 28 WS.
Only against a SnB tank with 200 str or below do you gain +1% parry.

Use .getstats for evasion stats (parry, etc.).
is likely wep skill work better for tank due guard dmg str always being 1; but depend on the ammount, fo sure a bg is not st focussed hence it should matter more guard avidance than general avoidance for small scale.