Recent Topics

Ads

LOTD balance anyone?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dabbart

Re: LOTD balance anyone?

Post#131 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:05 pm

Spoiler:
Skabdriver wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:54 pm
Dabbart wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:01 pm
Skabdriver wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:50 pm

Are we seriously discussing with a guy named "ninjagon" with an anime bullshit on his avatar?
As opposed to being named after some shitty metal band(I googled it after reading your post)? What's wrong with anime you uncultured swine!? Oh, and MAYBE he's named after Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu! Y'know, the Lego animated TV show(yes, I have a 6yr old niece +friends that watch weird ****)?

Either way, the **** does his username have to do with his arguments...
Kek, weeb is angry
fo shizzle my nizzle
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#132 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:50 am

Despite population disproportions, despite the fights, if your faction do not pay attention to the battle objectives, and do not REACT and recap them, your side will probably lose.
Article above applies to both sides. It looks like Destruction know what is LotD about, and Order not.

(Our ally WB had to recap BO's from the scratch several times, because nobody else cares enough...)

So destro players go away now, and order one's look here (it's outdated but still) :mrgreen: PS: Dear Skabdriver, my nickname is old, from the times of Asheron's Call, Dark Age of Camelot, WoW, GW2 and so on. Don't be silly Skabdriver, and just accept it. It's not gonna change, though.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#133 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:08 pm

I would advise less of the hostile behavior over names and pictures. It's not that serious.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

JohnnyWayne

Post#134 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:54 pm

Soooo... Does anyone have the numbers of the last LotD?

Detangler

Post#135 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:36 pm

Order was mega zerging and dominating fights, but seemed no one of significance wanted to take BOs. I had fun taking 14 ppl and running around capping BOs and getting into small scale fights. Would be curious what the population totals were.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

joroth

Post#136 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:57 pm

lemao wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:22 pm Professional box running guild complaining about balance what a surprise
I almost choked because of this lmao
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy

Scottx125

Post#137 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:10 am

My 2c. LOTD should have a max population and should not allow one side to outnumber the other. If people leave open those slots after 2 mins for anyone else to join. The pop cap for LOTD should be either the max for LOTD or the lowest value one side can muster that is under the max value.

I personally don't play LOTD anymore because it's just a zerg fest and the rewards for participating in it aren't particularly great imo (at least with city siege it's a smaller more competitive fight and you get a lot of crests which are always useful). Some of the gear is good, but not for my class.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

wonshot

Post#138 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:13 am

Detangler wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:36 pm Order was mega zerging and dominating fights, but seemed no one of significance wanted to take BOs. I had fun taking 14 ppl and running around capping BOs and getting into small scale fights. Would be curious what the population totals were.
Im not sure if they devs have the tools or willingness to share that info about numbers attending on each side, but I was doing my 2nd ever LOTD on Order (needed to farm the golden scarap set on BW eventually) And it was quite a culture shock seeing after been doing and running a warband over on destro, and then seeing the order approach.

First of all the opening on the map, Order region chat seemed to be way more active with an assigned leader commanding. Destro never really had that level of rallying based on the LOTD ive seen on destro. And as a result anyone with a sort of organization on order rallyed at Mid at the start, while i noticed Order didnt even capture their own "homeland" BOs down south before the first 10-15mins already letting destro have a point advantage 2:1 from ticking supplychains, despite order winning in kills by sending everyone to middle to skirmish.

An other opservation based on watching an Order streamer in pugbands was that there seemed to be a big portion of the order attendees in open warbands (2-3) and these were all over the place with no leader directing or rallying them. Leading to half of the order pupulation being pure pugs and a constant swingdoor of people dieing, running, fleeing, leaving.
When order got far enough behind it naturally turned into "**** it lets just fight" which is understandable but it further more just let the pugs to fend for themselves and the map turning red apart from where the organized blue-ball was fighting.

From the perspective of playing lotd and leading a guildwarband on destro, we did the exact same as Detangler. We focused on the Homeland BO control and reported when we were heading there so others didnt have to waste manpower to clean up. Then skirmish mid to establish double 3 mid BO control to build an advantage and then push into enemy homeland outskirts to pull enemy manpower out of the equation to help our side by either capping offensively, fighting even numbers or wiping being outnumbered but pulling manpower away.
While playing on destro and now two times on order, ive seen alot of smaller groups sticking to themselves and looking for feasting on the outskirts of the skirmishes and not focusing on pulling their weight in objectives.

Ive seen some order guide-book passed around and while thats nice, i do disagree with that whole approach of swarming mid and blobbing up early as destro have proven several times that even when order blobs and goes for kills they will just go outskirts and win on captures, arguebly how the map is "supposed" to be played. Not sure if population imballance can be blamed, but the allocation of troops and too big of a portion being none 8-8-8 pugbands could play a big part of order's winrate imo.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Martok

Post#139 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:17 am

Detangler wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:36 pmOrder was mega zerging and dominating fights, but seemed no one of significance wanted to take BOs. I had fun taking 14 ppl and running around capping BOs and getting into small scale fights. Would be curious what the population totals were.

I was in that warband for a while, was fun. I streamed that particular LOTD, and my overall sense is the Forces of Destruction were a bit more mobile and aggressive in pushing the lines. Order could dominate when grouped, but often wasn't. However I thought the event fun and some of the fights phenomenal.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Blodigmotor

Post#140 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:25 pm

My 2c on the last one(perspective organized wb order)

Order won the pvp, destro won the pve. Very fun fights were had and looking forward to more!