Recent Topics

Ads

LOTD balance anyone?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wonshot

Re: LOTD balance anyone?

Post#151 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:43 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:00 pm (And off course, there was population dis-balance again!)
Are there actually any proof to this claim?

And after the order leader had proclaimed that it was pointless to go for the victory when the score was like 1k points for destro vs 450 for order, and order pugs started complaining they were met with "who are you, you are just a nobody"
And there goes your unorganized point capping canonfodder motivation.

Ive always seen lotd as an oversized thundervalley, you dont win with a 6man for just skirmishing mid, you need the side BOs and you need your pugs to help out not make an enemy of them.
Granted Order in lotd does seem to have a higher population of open warbands than destro, and this disorganized force and quickly lead you to feel you are outnumbered if the cats are not pointed in a direction.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
JohnnyWayne

Post#152 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:40 am

wonshot wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:43 pm
Ninjagon wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:00 pm (And off course, there was population dis-balance again!)
Are there actually any proof to this claim?
Aside of us observing the map, seeing whats happening? Why is it do you think, I asked for actual numbers twice? It has constantly happened in the past, its more than resonable to extrapolate from there. I was making sure with that request, you on the other hand, like so many others in here, are talking out of your ass.

wonshot

Post#153 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:36 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:40 am Aside of us observing the map, seeing whats happening? Why is it do you think, I asked for actual numbers twice? It has constantly happened in the past, its more than resonable to extrapolate from there. I was making sure with that request, you on the other hand, like so many others in here, are talking out of your ass.
So if the opening first 15minuts Order rally anything organized to the center, and the 2-3 open warbands dont capture Quarry, Lib, south tomb that must mean order is outnumberd, or really really unorganized?
And yes, I was actually timing that because it was shocking to me to see little objective control and belief there was from organized and unorganized warbands to actually bother and taking the outskirt BOs.

Next lotd i might just go and queue with 1min left on order with one resorce and see how many are in front in queue, and then log over on a detro toon and do the same and compair those numbers to get a rough idea about if order really is this massively outnumbered as the claims are. Yet still manages to win in kills when blobbing up.
Last lotd order had 3 open warbands, by the time the call was made in region "**** it go for kills" those 3 pug warband all turned into a swingdoor of people leaving, and by then yes im sure destro outnumberered
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Lithenir

Post#154 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:56 am

I've been playing this game for around 13 years now and expecting that open WBs capturing strategic positions is just wrong. The usual open WB will follow the blob. It's even hard enough for the usual open WB leader to keep his WB together, since some players follow their own agenda and just team up in WBs to get heal and/or ress. So relying on them to capture things and hold them simply leads to failure.

I don't understand how our, so called, faction leaders fail to understand that.

You can try to hold a middle position with 1 or 2 organized WBs and the PUGs but you need organized WBs for the outskirts as well.

Ninjagon

Post#155 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:00 am

Haha, that's really funny.

Last time our (Order) full WB tried to focus only on BO's and nothing else, we did EXACTLY that.
And the result was terrible defeat to the point, that other organized Order WB's were outnubered, crushed to the ground and their leaders were bitching on us in region chat, that we did not helped them enough to have a chance against destro megablob. And at the same time, Destro were laughing, just scroll back to page 12 of this topic:

"Bene and Effective will never exist in same sentence IMHO.
No offense ofc." - posted by Asderas27

f*** it.
I believe, that many LOTD destruction victories would become defeats if there was a population balance!
And it is EASY to do that - just grab the scenario pop rules and aply them to LOTD (with proper numbers).
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Lithenir

Post#156 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:05 pm

TBH I thought there was a population cap. You can't really blame the opposing faction if your own faction doesn't reach the cap.
Isn't there a mechanic that tried to stop blobbing in LotD? Obviously it doesn't help much.

But lets be real here, I know the game and the community long enough. If both factions have the same population for the next 5 times and order still loses the next excuses would be that destro only has RR85+ players and the devs should put a RR cap to LotD or that destro has only BiS equipped chars and then the demand would be to only let players in Vanq in and so on.

But what never would happen is "ok guys we sucked this time, what can we do different next time to get better?"

Sulorie

Post#157 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:33 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:56 am I've been playing this game for around 13 years now and expecting that open WBs capturing strategic positions is just wrong. The usual open WB will follow the blob. It's even hard enough for the usual open WB leader to keep his WB together, since some players follow their own agenda and just team up in WBs to get heal and/or ress. So relying on them to capture things and hold them simply leads to failure.

You can try to hold a middle position with 1 or 2 organized WBs and the PUGs but you need organized WBs for the outskirts as well.
Hmm, what would be better for pug warbands than taking uncontested BOs in the outskirts? The stronger warbands can't be fighting and capping BOs at the same time if they want to be effective.
Dying is no option.

Phantasm

Post#158 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:27 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:00 am Haha, that's really funny.

Last time our (Order) full WB tried to focus only on BO's and nothing else, we did EXACTLY that.
And the result was terrible defeat to the point, that other organized Order WB's were outnubered, crushed to the ground and their leaders were bitching on us in region chat, that we did not helped them enough to have a chance against destro megablob. And at the same time, Destro were laughing, just scroll back to page 12 of this topic:

"Bene and Effective will never exist in same sentence IMHO.
No offense ofc." - posted by Asderas27

f*** it.
I believe, that many LOTD destruction victories would become defeats if there was a population balance!
And it is EASY to do that - just grab the scenario pop rules and aply them to LOTD (with proper numbers).
I see LOTD as new campain system tested. How would it feel to have queue system for RvR? Odd isnt it? Nothing stop anyone from gathering literally few drops and then get into LOTD. All that matters do you have a plan what you gonna do inside. I got feeling most players dont really understand or want to follow conditions of victory to LOTD. Zergers will zerg as usual in RvR as we see on every map like Eataine or Ostland, ppl that play more strategically will get their chance too. Tbh i start liking BOs linked together to cumulate victory points. Finally smaller groups got someting to do, zergers are happy (example last LOTD with flood of order at destro gates) and strategists also can have impact on a battlefield.

Ads
Lithenir

Post#159 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:29 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:33 pm
Lithenir wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:56 am I've been playing this game for around 13 years now and expecting that open WBs capturing strategic positions is just wrong. The usual open WB will follow the blob. It's even hard enough for the usual open WB leader to keep his WB together, since some players follow their own agenda and just team up in WBs to get heal and/or ress. So relying on them to capture things and hold them simply leads to failure.

Hmm, what would be better for pug warbands than taking uncontested BOs in the outskirts? The stronger warbands can't be fighting and capping BOs at the same time if they want to be effective.
Well you are not wrong. It would be the smart thing to do and would be very effective.
In my experience though PUGs mostly just want to fight and "not playing any games".

Avanos

Post#160 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:45 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 am LOTD - 14-08-2022 summary:

Order kills: 385
Destro kills: 1217

Zone population - we dont know, but Tier 2+:

Order: 41%
Destro: 59%

Conclusion: Destro farmed Order. No matter what Order can or cannot do, this is not balanced and not fun. Xrealm is a huge factor there too.

Solution: For good and competitive play, for good fights and for the fun, there should be equal population balance in the zone.

Discussion on:
OP is OBVIOUSLY trolling here.

Like what are you guys complaining about?
Order farms destro in pug SC 95% of the time.
Order wins 95% of the forts.
Order ALWAYS seiges IC. Not once in the past month have I even seen an Altdorf Seige.

One of the last forts I was in - Pop was 168 order, 20 destro. Wasn't fun at all - but I don't see any complaints from the order side there. Must be fun for you?

Oh I'm sorry, destro has one thing that they are able to win - and you are complaining about that too?
Why don't you attempt to make a more legitimate post and call for balance across the board?
Why don't you propose a system that will give forts and city a 50/50 win or loss chance?
Veretta the Witch Elf