Recent Topics

Ads

LOTD balance anyone?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
normanis

Re: LOTD balance anyone?

Post#231 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:00 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:27 pm Fits perfectly, as destro seem to enjoy the PvE game in lotd. So everyone was doing PvE at that point. Mission accomplished devs.
seems work as intend. 1 side pve lotd ather side pve rvr. seems good for future when in ror titles says war is ewrhywhere. yes its ewhrewhere byt its not war its pve.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Detangler

Post#232 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:36 pm

normanis wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:00 pm
JohnnyWayne wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:27 pm Fits perfectly, as destro seem to enjoy the PvE game in lotd. So everyone was doing PvE at that point. Mission accomplished devs.
seems work as intend. 1 side pve lotd ather side pve rvr. seems good for future when in ror titles says war is ewrhywhere. yes its ewhrewhere byt its not war its pve.
Do you guys also disparage players for capping BOs and running flags in scenarios?

Seriously, I challenge you next time to leave the safety of the zerg and lead/join a 6-12 man to take BOs. You'll actually run into a lot of enemies in small scale fights that actually will test skill and tactics. A lot more than you realize.

Is it the nonstop "excitement" of spamming three AOE buttons for 2 hours and rolling in the renown 20 rp ticks at a time? No, but its a lot more memorable than "we have numbers so we win!"
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

normanis

Post#233 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:42 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:36 pm
Do you guys also disparage players for capping BOs and running flags in scenarios?

Seriously, I challenge you next time to leave the safety of the zerg and lead/join a 6-12 man to take BOs. You'll actually run into a lot of enemies in small scale fights that actually will test skill and tactics. A lot more than you realize.

Is it the nonstop "excitement" of spamming three AOE buttons for 2 hours and rolling in the renown 20 rp ticks at a time? No, but its a lot more memorable than "we have numbers so we win!"
hm why than destro top guilds blob?

normanis

Post#234 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:43 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:00 am Ninjagon still whining about lotd losses lmao.
Classic Bene Tlielax move
didnt seen tup there on top kills

Detangler

Post#235 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:52 pm

normanis wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:42 pm

A strange pivot and distraction from everything I just said. Okay....

To respond, the largest/top guilds have a lot of members, so it makes sense that they would want all their members and take their 24 man's to fight other large fights. Taking a full WB to the outskirts is a waste of manpower, so go hold the middle and fight the enemy blob. That's kinda how it works on both sides.

You have nothing to counter what I said to you. You claim it's PvE mode to go cap and back cap objectives, yet it seems you've never actually done it. Go try it next time. Maybe you'll find something new and exciting.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Nameless

Post#236 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:10 pm

Again cos of pulling meta and lack of some defencing tools from live orders small scale is quite harder and punishing so orders small scale heroes gravitate near the zerg to have some save ground. Mara and choppas pulls are whatever on equal numbers but when outnumbered they are death sentence so ppl do zerg surfing esp on orders side
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Uberlix

Post#237 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:36 pm

The mental gymnastics some people here pull off, just to avoid facing the real problem aka order refusing to play the objective most of the time, is mindboggling.

Take the L and adress the issue at it's core. It is getting rather embarrassing.
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Cyrylius

Post#238 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:53 pm

Now, I'm aware I didn't take part in the last lotd, and that makes my opinion obviously not important for the likes of lumpi or ninjagon (edit: or normanis). But RoR is a game focused on pvp, and maybe, just maybe, correct mentality for pvp is "can I play better", not "can the circumstances be more favorable for me". It has already been said that lotd has identical number cap for both sides, and difference comes from somewhere else (for this example, let's say order pugs leaving lotd before it finishes). In pvp games you don't try to fix issues with gameplay by changing the game, you do the by playing better. Why do destro pugs stay in the zone while order pugs leave, if the kills are even? Why destro forms small-scale groups (I joined a few of those), and order does not? Why do order guilds, in general, ignore lotd, while destro ones put a lot of effort into the event?
Perhaps bene tileax (or any other order guild/ group) can be the change they want themselves, if they copy the tactics destro uses, match destro warbands one to one, and put the effort (and perhaps k/d ratio tanking, cause if you check the statistics destro has lower higher deathblows than order) to play for score rather than personal gain? Winning shouldn't be easy, it should require effort and skill, and sacrificing personal gain for other, less tangible and direct rewards. Order won at least a few lotd events. Do what was done back then. Copy the same tactic, or try to do the one destro uses. If that fails, try to pinpoint the exact realm imbalance that caused it, then look for countermeasures. Be the goood players: create the meta, not follow it.
Both realms have their distinct advantages. Figure out what order has. It might require playing destro. Use them. Win fights. Then win lotd. If you can't, even after trying everything you can think of, make another thread on forum.
Some players here (I'm not calling names nor fact checking their claims) say that they made the order win lotd by themselves (with guilds). Do what they did, try it, maybe ask for tips about specific situations. Communicate. Improve. Compete and win. It's a pvp game, and as such it requires you to be better than others. Start with being as good as others. Then make another post.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
normanis

Post#239 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:11 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:52 pm
normanis wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:42 pm

A strange pivot and distraction from everything I just said. Okay....

To respond, the largest/top guilds have a lot of members, so it makes sense that they would want all their members and take their 24 man's to fight other large fights. Taking a full WB to the outskirts is a waste of manpower, so go hold the middle and fight the enemy blob. That's kinda how it works on both sides.

You have nothing to counter what I said to you. You claim it's PvE mode to go cap and back cap objectives, yet it seems you've never actually done it. Go try it next time. Maybe you'll find something new and exciting.
24 is not zerg its just maximum what u can squeeze into wb

normanis

Post#240 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:24 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:53 pm Now, I'm aware I didn't take part in the last lotd, and that makes my opinion obviously not important for the likes of lumpi or ninjagon (edit: or normanis). But RoR is a game focused on pvp, and maybe, just maybe, correct mentality for pvp is "can I play better", not "can the circumstances be more favorable for me". It has already been said that lotd has identical number cap for both sides, and difference comes from somewhere else (for this example, let's say order pugs leaving lotd before it finishes). In pvp games you don't try to fix issues with gameplay by changing the game, you do the by playing better. Why do destro pugs stay in the zone while order pugs leave, if the kills are even? Why destro forms small-scale groups (I joined a few of those), and order does not? Why do order guilds, in general, ignore lotd, while destro ones put a lot of effort into the event?
Perhaps bene tileax (or any other order guild/ group) can be the change they want themselves, if they copy the tactics destro uses, match destro warbands one to one, and put the effort (and perhaps k/d ratio tanking, cause if you check the statistics destro has lower higher deathblows than order) to play for score rather than personal gain? Winning shouldn't be easy, it should require effort and skill, and sacrificing personal gain for other, less tangible and direct rewards. Order won at least a few lotd events. Do what was done back then. Copy the same tactic, or try to do the one destro uses. If that fails, try to pinpoint the exact realm imbalance that caused it, then look for countermeasures. Be the goood players: create the meta, not follow it.
Both realms have their distinct advantages. Figure out what order has. It might require playing destro. Use them. Win fights. Then win lotd. If you can't, even after trying everything you can think of, make another thread on forum.
Some players here (I'm not calling names nor fact checking their claims) say that they made the order win lotd by themselves (with guilds). Do what they did, try it, maybe ask for tips about specific situations. Communicate. Improve. Compete and win. It's a pvp game, and as such it requires you to be better than others. Start with being as good as others. Then make another post.
few u mean in usa time zone? or when destro log order and stomp destro pugs at their wc? i am only against aoe cap not against loosing or improve. and aagainst zerg. offc u told much good stuff byt after all those order tank nerfs for ppl its safer play healer or rdps. why not nerf slayer byt nerfed kobs? we are here back to class balance. ppl nerfed tanks not dps. so ppl chose play dps. its caussed rdps favour order play more rdps. not mention all bugged pulls.