Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Leveling healer builds?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Blodigmotor

[Shaman] Leveling healer builds?

Post#1 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:17 pm

Heyho

Looking for some general advice when leveling shammie, especially as full healer - I see lots of hybrids and DPS builds, but sometimes you just wanna be actually useful in midtier SCs ;)
As a sort of follow-up, is FODG the way to go as endgame healer sham? Or are there competetive Mork builds out there?

Any help appreciated!

Ads
Haskr

Re: [Shaman] Leveling healer builds?

Post#2 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:39 am

Yeah so its been a while since I played shaman (and AM, but leveling one at the moment).
Mork Shaman can pump out very ok healing numbers and is perfectly viable, I greatly enjoyed it during smallscale rvr stuff, double hot and thoughness buff is nice to have.
Would just level mork tree during leveling, its pretty basic.
Now endgame content: Mork or FODG?
The question should rather be: double hot or FODG, at least up to endgame gear with aditional mastery points, and as always, this comes down to your liking, do YOU like the playstyle of FODG? Or do you rather play a healer that stands a bit further back from the danger zone and buffs up a party? On AM I liked the EOV (FODG pendant) playstyle, for small scale roaming I did not as I wanted to get some leeway between me and evil destros, especially doing duos or trios.

Also: Dont let anyone (me included) tell you what to play, you will lose interest in the class rather quickly that way.
Also2: Shaman Healer is still a HEALER, that means he is in the same situation as everyone else: its a healers (and tanks) world. Yesterday in fort I saw a premade WB looking for a healer and the only qualification was that he had a pulse (do shrooms have a pulse? I dont know), point being is: theres a lot of dps in this world, tanks and healers - not so much, so you will be able to do every content you want, being FODG or lil' Morky will not bother groups after looking for a healer for 30 minutes in /5 :P

Sulorie

Post#3 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:19 am

You will need at least rr70 to get toughness hot with fury at the same time, when you skip the 25% heal buff on a target. For whole package you indeed need at least 6pc sov set but this is something for your future.
Without toughness hot you can get fury much sooner.
While leveling I would stick with mork, all your most important skills are there.
Endgame heal shaman uses fury, mork-only healers are lacking heal power.
Dying is no option.

BluIzLucky

Post#4 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:48 am

ORvR -> FoDG + EQB (3 target HoT) is your main source of healing, with mork abilities getting picked up as you level up (at R70 you'll have FODG, Sticky Feetz and DSU (toughness hot)).

SC -> Mork first, then FODG at R70.

Endgame is pretty much as Sulorie said, 6p sov for all mork abilities + FODG.

Sham and AM are both very versatile, so play as you like :)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

NSKaneda

Post#5 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:25 pm

Roaming shaman of Mork

-
-

Start with dodge&disrupt in T1 and slot willpower/tough talis in decimator gear, ch3 tali slot inf belt and lair helm (inf, lair or sc staff), tough jewels.

T2: full keeper set (alternatively obliterator + inf reward gear)

Lvl 27+: full devastator, 650-700ish willpower, 300ish toughness, dodge&disrupt, futile strikes x2

T3: annihilator, T3 highpass inf belt, gutslime staff (or orvr inf reward staff), willpower + tough talis, d&disrupt, heal crit, futile strikes, initiative

T4:
- entry level - either full HV set or full conqueror set, full genesis jewel set, Gutslime staff -> rr45 staff / subjugator, heal crit, d&disrupt, futile strikes, initiative (optimal setup: full armour set, genesis jewel set, max heal crit, max disrupt, 2-3x futile strikes, rr61 anathema staff, 800 willpower, 300ish tough)

- mid T4 - full invader, sent ring, rr61 anathema staff, genesis jewel set, 2-3x willpower talis, rest toughness, heal crit, dodge&disrupt, futile strikes, initiative - this is where biggest heal crits are

- end game T4 - full heal sov, rr61 anathema staff, genesis jewel set, sent ring, 2-3x willpower talis, rest toughness, max heal crit, max dodge and disrupt, max futile strikes - this is where gobbo tanks thrive

-
-

Stats (with pots etc): 800-850 willpower, 40-45% heal crit, max d&disrupt (aim for 50.0+ disrupt), 300+ toughness (before tough buff).

-

swap runaway tactic for autodetaunt in scenarios
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Blodigmotor

Post#6 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:54 pm

Thank you all for your excellent advice! I'll keep in Mork as I level, it's not that I dont like FODG as an ability or nuffin it's more that I think I misunderstood it's use I think. I like running around quite close to the frontline while healing, and while my primary focus is always healing ofc if I see some low-health stunty git I'll toss a couple of nasty spells on him. From this post I think I'll switch over to FODG for Orvr eventually :)

Sulorie

Post#7 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:56 pm

Blodigmotor wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:54 pm Thank you all for your excellent advice! I'll keep in Mork as I level, it's not that I dont like FODG as an ability or nuffin it's more that I think I misunderstood it's use I think. I like running around quite close to the frontline while healing, and while my primary focus is always healing ofc if I see some low-health stunty git I'll toss a couple of nasty spells on him. From this post I think I'll switch over to FODG for Orvr eventually :)
Don't look at FODG as if it is a damage spell, it's used for burst healing in the right situation. You can use FODG in SC too, especially if you have no line of sight, the target is in a different group or distance between you and heal target is too great for regular Mork spells.
Dying is no option.