Recent Topics

Ads

[BO] Some Advice

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
WargasmicWayne

[BO] Some Advice

Post#1 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:14 am

Hey guys, I've been building up a BO and had some trouble deciding what I wanted to run as, 2H or SnB. I'm currently lv33 and have been using SnB so far. I decided BO over Mara because I was on the fence and read that BO was amazing on this server, but since then I've read BO received a series of nerfs(but ironically, I've read so has Mara. So I guess I'd be screwed either way). Always been a big fan of Warhammer orcs, so I don't really regret my choice, albeit maybe I would have went Choppa if I knew what I know now(or maybe if I decide to level a second character).

I guess I should just say, what I'm getting at with this rambling is, it's incredibly difficult to get current information on the state of classes in this game with all the silent changes... Hence this thread.

From some people I've heard BO is in a fine state, others say they are probably the worst tank currently. Someone in game basically told me that after recent changes and nerfs they are probably the least useful/worst tank on either faction.

Anyway, so I ended up settling with SnB so I could have a lot of utility, and I regularly top protection in scens, buffs, debuff, voke casters, not in da face slayers etc... So, I've been more or less enjoying the support role.

But, at this juncture I can't help but feel I'm a bit confused due to some of the things people have told me in game:

1) What is the state of BO currently compared to other tanks? Is it the worst of the tanks currently? How much better is SM than it? Where does BO fit in currently?

and, more importantly

2) Is SnB viable as BO? Someone rather authoritatively advised me in /advice that BO should always be 2H no matter what even at low levels, in scenarios, in RvR, etc. etc.-- I called bullshit... But it led me to thinking that a lot of the info I've gone off of on these forums has been from older threads and that possibly that info was from before some nerfs to SnB BO...
So, I'm wondering, is SnB still a viable option for BO? Is there some truth in the claim that BO should always be 2H no matter what?

Thanks for your time and any advice

Ads
rady

Re: [BO] Some Advice

Post#2 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:58 am

Play what you want and enjoy the game. BO is mediocre, doesn't bring anything special to the group. It can do decent damage with 2h (i can hit softies for 1,5k) and it's quite sturdy with shield (although rampage hurts).
Mechanics is clunky and we don't have single target KB and aoe one is total crap.
It's the only destro tank with slow w/o cd (although needs Gud Plan). We got ST CD increaser, silence, KD, spammable aoe slow and CD increaser (with tactic) and morales on block. So as a SnB tank you got enough to play with.
If it's the wors destro tank then it's by small margin and tanks are always needed.
SM might be better due to cooldown reducer that we once had.

SnB tanks are in high demand and you will never hear from wb leader to spec into 2h.

Sry for bad english :P
Last edited by rady on Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ris IB
Risx 8Xrr SH (retired)
BO 85rr (retired)

Vri

Post#3 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:50 am

If you want BO 2h glory days, roll an SM.

Gladiolix

Post#4 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:53 am

SnB definately viable, prefferred even in warbands. 2h is the way to go in six man roaming and scenarios. Until you get Bloodlord or better gear I would advice on staying SnB for better survivability and protection on your group.

Rady already summarized pros and cons pretty well. Just to add a couple of things; BO is maybe not the best tank, but the margin is small enough that player skill factors more. And good tanks, no matter the tank, are always in great demand.

And btw, no matter how many buffs and nerfs, they can never take away how damn good a big Black Orc looks like :)
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR8pODv27Ww Black orc is super fun with 2H and does nice dmg with nice enough everything else except KB. Single Target KB would be good, or Give BO "Throw" Ability Rat Ogre had live! Would be super fun if nothing else.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Earthcake

Post#6 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:48 pm

If you are still 33 and prefer levelling in scenarios you would be better with a 2h. But don't go out of your way to do so if that means spending crests, you'll do just fine as snb.

Snb BO is a bit of a special tank but is good in squishy groups, especially vs slayers, and (if specced for it) is prolly the best tank in the game for very zergy content like LotD.
Which is not much, but since zergs are kinda the norm atm, is something i guess :|

regularspecial

Post#7 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:52 pm

if it werent for auras snb BO would be the best snb tank on destro side for a WB

aoe snare, huge WS buff for choppas, shattering rampage, moral pump, savin me hide stacking with challenge to neuter magic dmg on ur choppa blob, AP shout, can't hit me to be very hard to punt, ya missed me/not in da face shuts down enemy AoE dps and a bellow to give 900+ armor if you are using da greenest with lots of points in da boss

Caduceus

Post#8 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:20 pm

This may be a bit off-topic, but given the lack of a wounds buff on Destro, wouldn't 'Da Toughest' war bellow be very valuable in any situation, giving a +260 wounds? (according to the career builder, that sounds like a bit too much?)

EDIT: Nevermind, I checked in-game and the wounds buff is only +32. A bit underwhelming.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
regularspecial

Post#9 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:55 pm

Caduceus wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:20 pm This may be a bit off-topic, but given the lack of a wounds buff on Destro, wouldn't 'Da Toughest' war bellow be very valuable in any situation, giving a +260 wounds? (according to the career builder, that sounds like a bit too much?)

EDIT: Nevermind, I checked in-game and the wounds buff is only +32. A bit underwhelming.
you can make it buff upwards of 40 something with points in the tree but going that high up da toughest isn't very appealing

da boss tree has the ST knockdown you need and absorb so at the very least you are grabbing those and waagh is a very potent corp debuff for mSH.

Caduceus

Post#10 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:12 pm

regularspecial wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:55 pm
you can make it buff upwards of 40 something with points in the tree but going that high up da toughest isn't very appealing

da boss tree has the ST knockdown you need and absorb so at the very least you are grabbing those and waagh is a very potent corp debuff for mSH.
Corp debuff is kinda underrated, sorc also benefits from it
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz