TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Ads
Earthcake

Re: if there were to remain only one?

Post#12 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:47 am

chookette wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:21 am very interesting, how we have everything and its opposite a real subject of philosophy :)
Because ppl are talking about different things.

Depending on the content tank A or tank B will be the best...

Sulorie

Post#13 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:33 am

Martok wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:17 am
space44 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:36 amBased.

Just curious. Do you mean Biased?
Yeah, must have been an autocorrect mistake.
Dying is no option.

NSKaneda

Post#14 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:43 am

chookette wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:01 pm if you had only one choice, which tank would you choose and why? the question is valid for order and destro.

Easy question: IB and BG.
Unshackled freedom, fun mechanic, strong fashionhammer game, three paths full of useful skills to choose from to have a tool for every occasion, tanky af and joy to play at every level.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

chookette

Post#15 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:02 am

Earthcake wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:47 am
chookette wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:21 am very interesting, how we have everything and its opposite a real subject of philosophy :)

haha who spoke better? I didn't direct my question. for me if your choice is on style and you tell me IB because dwarfs are classy. it suits me 🤗

chookette

Post#16 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:03 am

chookette wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:02 am
Earthcake wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:47 am

haha who talked about the best?I didn't direct my question. for me if your choice is on style and you tell me IB because dwarfs are classy. it suits me 🤗

Earthcake

Post#17 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:37 am

chookette wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:03 am
haha who talked about the best?I didn't direct my question. for me if your choice is on style and you tell me IB because dwarfs are classy. it suits me 🤗
Then go ahead and play IB, it's also my favourite fashionhammerwise and i'm also the grumpiest sooooo...

Just be aware that when snb, you won't perform as well as the other tanks.
You can be the supertankiest but other tanks are already tanky enough so it's very meh.
You can use it to fluff your prot numbers which makes you look the best, but it's actually damage noone would have taken in the 1st place if you weren't playing like that so even if it looks good on the scoreboard, it's useless in an actual fight.
And even if you are the best of the best OF THE BESTS, you still bring less to the table than the other tanks due to not having enough time to use your abilities.

Many people will tell you that you got this buff, and that buff, and you are the best to guard a slayer and other things, that used to be true but are not anymore.

With 1.5s GCD, you can now only use 6 abilities per 10sec cycle (your buffs last 10sec). Playing vs destro you gonna get CCed by things not even aimed at you, so usually you can only use 5 abilities.
Let's say you use 2 buffs, and it's your time to challenge, okay, 2 abilities left.
Whatever you choose to use you cannot for exemple : KD, punt, snare, and taunt.
You have to pick 2 of them, and only 2 OR you won't maintain your buffs.
Which is okay, not to maintain your buffs, but then, are you still the best slayer guard if you don't ? No. And that was your niche, other things other tanks will do better.
Oh and to add insult to injury, in that exmple, if you didn't punt you provided your group with 30ap when knight provides 40ap passively AND removes 40 from the ennemies...

tldr : 2h IB is okay, snb is the tank that brings the least to your party.

Kpi

Post#18 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:40 am

Evilspinnre wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:54 am BG punt is better, IB is still longer range than SNB SM. Both excel with 2H, IB buffs BG debuffs. What makes BG superior?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are u serious? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the most important tasks of tanks is punt the enemy tank to focus on DPS who is guarding. An very skill IB can punt an enemy in the right direction at 1s away (or less) from guard, and a noob BG can punt at 10-12s away from guard to anything. Buffs are irrelevant when you can't guard.

Even a BG can punt so far in some scenarios that it takes 2-3 minutes for a player to become operational again.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
Evilspinnre

Post#19 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:13 am

Kpi wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:40 am
Evilspinnre wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:54 am BG punt is better, IB is still longer range than SNB SM. Both excel with 2H, IB buffs BG debuffs. What makes BG superior?

One of the most important tasks of tanks is punt the enemy tank to focus on DPS who is guarding. An very skill IB can punt an enemy in the right direction at 1s away (or less) from guard, and a noob BG can punt at 10-12s away from guard to anything. Buffs are irrelevant when you can't guard.

Even a BG can punt so far in some scenarios that it takes 2-3 minutes for a player to become operational again.

We're playing the same game right? Both can punt out of guard range (if done properly) for over 3s, which is what your kill timer is. After the target gets up from KD, they will detaunt :)
Again, have you played any of these destro tanks?
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Kpi

Post#20 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:33 am

Evilspinnre wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:13 am
Kpi wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:40 am

We're playing the same game right? Both can punt out of guard range (if done properly) for over 3s, which is what your kill timer is. After the target gets up from KD, they will detaunt :)
Again, have you played any of these destro tanks?
It is obvious we are not playing at the same game. An IB CANT punt over 3s outside of range guard. A BG can punt in any direction (even punt on guard direction), he will punt far away from it.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+