Ads

Patch Notes 03/09/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Caduceus

Re: Patch Notes 03/09/2022

Post#21 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:35 am

Detangler wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:50 am
For us filthy casuals that don't memorize all classes, what was changed here? Career builder for this has just cooldown reductions on pit of shades and infernal wave. Was it like a aoe increaser for infernal wave or something?

I did see on twitch this last week some strange setup destro organized warband of 1 chosen, 1 choppa, 2 sorts 2 heals x 3 groups and a 2 tank 2 marauder 2 healer 4th group. Never seen that heavy of a dps setup in orvr warbands before....

I think due to previous changes Neverending Agony was made to stack with Chop Fasta again, resulting in Infernal Wave having no cooldown.

It used to work that way back in live, but was deemed too OP.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Dabbart

Post#22 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:33 am

Thanks for the work.

I made a bug report, but so people know; you can't blacklist the new PUG SC "Discordant Skirmish" with the QQer addon atm.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Sulorie

Post#23 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:43 am

Dabbart wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:33 am Thanks for the work.

I made a bug report, but so people know; you can't blacklist the new PUG SC "Discordant Skirmish" with the QQer addon atm.
Hmm, isn't this something to fix in the addon itself? Afaik QQ struggles with any "new sc".
Dying is no option.

taccr

Post#24 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:29 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:43 am

Hmm, isn't this something to fix in the addon itself? Afaik QQ struggles with any "new sc".

Quick QQ fix.
https://anonfiles.com/35pdD062yd/QueueQueuer_zip

Works for me.
Kimy - KotBS/Chosen of Orz
ImageImage
Blitz -> Elementz -> Orz

Dabbart

Post#25 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:06 pm

Spoiler:
taccr wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:29 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:43 am

Quick QQ fix.
https://anonfiles.com/35pdD062yd/QueueQueuer_zip

Works for me.
Thanks, but I'm not gonna DL from there.

And I think it has to do with the new SC not being tied to a Tier. Ranked SCs are tied to T4, every other SC has a tier it is connected too in the big list. But not the new one. Dunno if addon or server related, I just game here...

Edit: apparently, it's an addon issue. I tried. Hopefully Anonymous123123, Wargrimnir, or Sioding(those who have updated it in the past) will do so again. Thanks for the work!

"You have to contact the addon dev for that or try to modify the addon yourself. External addons are not part of RoR." To be fair, I should of known that...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Tyrex2017

Post#26 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:27 pm

Good move about Discordant Skirmish. This scenario mode is fun and rewarding loss or win.

wonshot

Post#27 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:50 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:50 am For us filthy casuals that don't memorize all classes, what was changed here? Career builder for this has just cooldown reductions on pit of shades and infernal wave. Was it like a aoe increaser for infernal wave or something?

I did see on twitch this last week some strange setup destro organized warband of 1 chosen, 1 choppa, 2 sorts 2 heals x 3 groups and a 2 tank 2 marauder 2 healer 4th group. Never seen that heavy of a dps setup in orvr warbands before....
I could be missremembering but back in the TUP prime days they ran with something like 8 sorcs back when Blackorcs had the destro CDR so you could have 2-2-2 and 2 sorcs per group benefitting from IW going down from 10 sec with 5sec reduction from tactic and 5sec reduction from the WAAGH. Meaning that IW with two supporting tactics became a spamable aoe attack with really high width and distance.
Basicly extending the killzone that bomb warbands usuall have around 30ft pbaoe or 40ft frontal to a full 8dps slot 65+ft killzone. And for a pretty good reason was this nerfed by making IW unable to go below 5sec capped cooldown.

Dalen been working in the background with the database and fiddling with abilities for the big database overhaul thingie and as a result one of these RoR custom changes got temp removed, but now its back to the RoR version with this patch again.

A couple of things for this change that i think is worth mention is that since this TUP shotgun warband killing 3 order warbands with just shotguns these things have been changed in the bomb meta for warband play:

1) Hold the line was altered with and is arguble stronger now against casters in a front to front fights, but worse in a kiting situation. This change should make IW 0cd weaker.
2) WAAGH CDR was removed and now Destro have to pair a ChopFaster choppa with each sorc, a greedy comp would be exactly to run a 1tank-2sorc-1chop-2healer comp in some groups. But that leads to a fragile and squishy warband comp with less frontline, but trading for a bigger criticalmass usual 2-2-2 is not providing.
3) the total available stats from higher tier items are available since 2017 shotgun sorcs, and timetokill and meta overall is different now.
4) Sorcs generally dont have much going for them in their aoe build compared to their counterpart BW. BW has sinec 2017 where Destro lost IW, been granted Flashfire for no reason on top of already strong 13point options and more procs and an easier filler in their aoe rotation. Sorcs have IW and while its a good pugkiller it does really do much to have 1-2 sorcs extend the killzone from 30ft of their warband to 65+ when the rest of the warband cant assist further than 30-40ft that just ends up being fluff and IW with 5sec hard cap is not good enough to be stacked to extend the killzone to IW range for a full warband. No one runs full sorc stacks.

IW was strong when it worked in 2-2-2. but with CDR on chopfaster and aoe sorc being in the state it is, maybe testing for more than one week to see how strong or whatcounterplay exsis against these 1-3-2 bomb groups. One ambush and those unguarded sorcs with no snarebreakers should be pretty toast for example :roll:
Also is it really the IW 0sec that was strong, or was it simply the added criticalmass from running 1-3-2 and not 2-2-2 that carried, who knows since it didnt get more time to get experimented with.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Detangler

Post#28 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:36 pm

Ok Discordant Skirmish is still popping 3v4 and other sub 6v6 populations, at least late night NA times last night. Was actually decently fun since t1 was super dead, but dunno if thats what you want to happen.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#29 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:19 pm

MaxHayman wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:22 pm
Gangan wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:53 pm So what's the difference to the old .pug-sc? Just random map pool or did I miss something else?^^
Pretty much. More variety in maps for pug players. Also means when we have Nordenwatch as a Weekend Warfront we don't need to swap the pug out.
it would be cool if weekend sc event could always be part of "discordant" list, at least for duration of that weekend.

Whyumadbro

Post#30 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:55 pm

nice pro-fun change, love the new skirmish. Low que time in eu prime time