Recent Topics

Ads

War Report Teleport - Implement Cast Timer

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dabbart

Re: War Report Teleport - Implement Cast Timer

Post#31 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:08 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:29 am
There are rdps or healers with ranged attacks to tag them.
Crashing during a fight is pathetic and jumping from cliffs to avoid player kill is quite borderline albeit I am sometimes guilty of "flying" too but teleporting out of combat, be it war report or SC pop, is fair game. You can't even spam it, so no issue in my eyes.
Borderline what? There's nothing wrong with denying yourself. Enemy still gets RP, just not the DB, plus they have CC they could use. Same with self punting off... borderline what? Cheating? Poor sportsmanship? Lol. There's not a single pvp game where denying youself is frowned upon that I know of... nowhere are you expected to just stand there and accept your death.

I have issue with WR porting. The CD is massive, and if you click the wrong loc you have a MAJOR hike in front of you.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:37 pm

Dabbart wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:08 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:29 am
There are rdps or healers with ranged attacks to tag them.
Crashing during a fight is pathetic and jumping from cliffs to avoid player kill is quite borderline albeit I am sometimes guilty of "flying" too but teleporting out of combat, be it war report or SC pop, is fair game. You can't even spam it, so no issue in my eyes.
Borderline what? There's nothing wrong with denying yourself. Enemy still gets RP, just not the DB, plus they have CC they could use. Same with self punting off... borderline what? Cheating? Poor sportsmanship? Lol. There's not a single pvp game where denying youself is frowned upon that I know of... nowhere are you expected to just stand there and accept your death.

I have issue with WR porting. The CD is massive, and if you click the wrong loc you have a MAJOR hike in front of you.
When there is a cliff nearby I do it myself don't get me wrong but seeing some people going "miles" just to find a cliff to jump down feels odd.
Well I was more serious about it on live, when Dammaz Kron worked. :P

Btw you meant "I have <no> issue with WR porting"?
Dying is no option.

Stinkyweed

Post#33 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:55 pm

I like testing my luck by charging the zerg head on then War Reporting away before getting to close to rdps.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Alfa1986

Post#34 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:23 pm

well, let's be honest, avoiding a collision in an open lake is the same as avoiding a collision in a completely losing scenario, or leaving a losing city mirror. however, when you quit the scenario you get the debuff, and when you leave the city you cannot go into a new mirror and "try your luck" with a weaker opponent. there are double standards. here I just don't want to get killed by a zerg and give db (if it doesn't matter then what's the difference?), but here I'm a coward and avoiding fights so I should get punished. strange logic.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Akilinus

Post#35 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:13 pm

sometimes defending the BO in Avelorn is just more important.

Nothing to do with dodging. :/
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Avanos

Post#36 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:15 pm

By the way, lets try and keep things civil and as close to the original topic as we can!
I don't want mods to just lock it because things got out of hand.

If you want to escape, there are a variety of class tools provided to you for escaping!
Detaunts, flee, staggers, slows.

Utilize them!

Instant teleportation isn't one of them!

If it were, remove cast time from book of binding or guild scrolls..
Veretta the Witch Elf

sharpblader

Post#37 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:29 pm

Avanos wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:11 pm Hello all!

I've recently returned to the game after 2 years, and noticed that people are exploiting the war report to avoid combat situations. This is akin to combat logging (alt+f4 out of a game to avoid combat), and should not be allowed.
See the following examples:

Click here to watch on YouTube

I believe that a cast timer should be implemented into the war report, this will be the best fix in my opinion.

Book of binding has a cast timer.
Guild scrolls have a cast timer.
SC pop has a combat timer.

Its quite annoying to run across someone only for them to poof away due to some exploit.
Why shouldn't the war report have a cast timer? Thoughts?

Best Regards!
Thoughts?

Sure it's annoying when people teleport out of a fair fight but none of the examples you show are fair fights.

First, you're in a WE gank group which is basically a guaranteed kill on anyone. Second, you're basically zerging down 1 AM. Third, youre about to face roll a lowbie RP.

This seems more like a whine rather than a "concern for an exploit".

I'd rather fight someone who believes they can kill me than someone who knows they can't. Winning these fights is a better player experience.

Sorry, but if you were having a fair 1v1 fight and then if your opponent disengages -> goes out of combat -> War Reports, I would've sympathized with you.

Mergrim

Post#38 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:36 pm

sharpblader wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:29 pm
Avanos wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:11 pm Hello all!

I've recently returned to the game after 2 years, and noticed that people are exploiting the war report to avoid combat situations. This is akin to combat logging (alt+f4 out of a game to avoid combat), and should not be allowed.
See the following examples:

I believe that a cast timer should be implemented into the war report, this will be the best fix in my opinion.

Book of binding has a cast timer.
Guild scrolls have a cast timer.
SC pop has a combat timer.

Its quite annoying to run across someone only for them to poof away due to some exploit.
Why shouldn't the war report have a cast timer? Thoughts?

Best Regards!
Thoughts?

Sure it's annoying when people teleport out of a fair fight but none of the examples you show are fair fights.

First, you're in a WE gank group which is basically a guaranteed kill on anyone. Second, you're basically zerging down 1 AM. Third, youre about to face roll a lowbie RP.

I'd rather fight someone who believes they can kill me than someone who knows they can't. Winning these fights is a better player experience.

Sorry, but if you were having a fair 1v1 fight and then if your opponent disengages -> goes out of combat -> War Reports, I would've sympathized with you.
True

There is nothing more annoying than wh/we running 3+ around. 7WE in pt...there is no reason to watch anything else here. Delete.

Ads
Avanos

Post#39 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:50 pm

sharpblader wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:29 pm Thoughts?

Gee, I wonder what warbands are considered then? Massive Gank Groups? Massive Zergs?
I guess you don't zerg single targets down I take it?
I get ganked by 24-48man WB when I'm solo ALL the time. I die. SO UNFAIR.
Should I report out every single instance that I'm caught out of position? - Or should I make a legitimate attempt to escape?

Its part of the gameplay.

I engage others that I literally have no chance killing 1v1, and get wiped for it. Oh well!
What do I lose? Nothing.

Mergrim wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:36 pm There is nothing more annoying than wh/we running 3+ around. 7WE in pt...there is no reason to watch anything else here. Delete.
Your post contributes nothing. Why did you even bother?
Veretta the Witch Elf

sharpblader

Post#40 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:50 pm

Avanos wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:50 pm Gee, I wonder what warbands are considered then? Massive Gank Groups? Massive Zergs?
I guess you don't zerg single targets down I take it?
I get ganked by 24-48man WB when I'm solo ALL the time. I die. SO UNFAIR.
Should I report out every single instance that I'm caught out of position? - Or should I make a legitimate attempt to escape?

Its part of the gameplay.

I engage others that I literally have no chance killing 1v1, and get wiped for it. Oh well!
What do I lose? Nothing.
A fair fight is a fair fight which is mostly dictated by numbers (except for 1v1).

I don't zerg down single targets on my characters who don't need rr/gear. When I do, I don't blame them when they escape.

Please keep in mind that not all classes have the escape tools a WE/WH has.

Choosing to engage with others that you cannot 1v1 is your choice. I don't dictate how you should play, but at the same time you shouldn't expect that everyone will play the way you want them to.