twistedveggies

Getting sub 30 FPS in RvR

Post#1 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:49 pm

I am getting extremely low FPS in RvR zones

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz

RAM 16.0 GB

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

I am not that computer tech savy but I am wondering if my hardware is just outdated? I only bought this PC a few years ago. I can run most AAA titles and other mmo's just fine. I went on the forums and followed several threads to help reduce fps and lag.

Is there anything I can do to fix framerate drops? At this point I am not sure it's even worth to keep playing the game because if RvR is the "endgame" I will pretty much be useless and have a terrible experience.

Ads
Tanski

Re: Getting sub 30 FPS in RvR

Post#2 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:57 pm

Try running game in 64 and 32 bit. Play with all UI names off ( this improved my frames a lot) .
Lots of people been complaining about unusual frame drops this patch.

No matter what, in 150 v 150 blob fights you are going to stutter a bit, just keep moving and pressing abilities they still go off.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

riceahoy

Post#3 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:32 pm

Here are the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning System Requirements (Minimum)
CPU: 2.5 GHz Pentium 4 processor or equivalent
CPU SPEED: 2.5 GHz
RAM: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
VIDEO CARD: A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900, 6600-6800, 7600+ / ATI Radeon 9500-9800, X300-X850, X1300+ / Intel X4500). Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but may run comparatively slowly. GeForce FX series not supported with Vista.
TOTAL VIDEO RAM: 128 MB
3D: Yes
HARDWARE T&L: Yes
PIXEL SHADER: 2.0
VERTEX SHADER: 2.0
SOUND CARD: Yes
FREE DISK SPACE: 15 GB

The game doesn't utilize the other cores in your CPU so lower some settings to decrease the stress on one core such as animations, spells and names over all players.
- Gamigront (Engi) - Gamigrunt (IB) - Gamigrant (WP) - twitch.tv/riceahoy

Rubius
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:03 am

A few other things that may help:

- Set ability effects to only show "Self" or even "None" (If this is set to "All", expect heavy frame drop in big rvr fights.)

- Select "Fastest Framerate" under the Graphics options, which will lower some settings but should also ease up what your processor has to handle.

Beyond that, disabling stylized nameplates and unchecking some of the boxes to display can be helpful too. (I only show friendly player guilds and enemy player names, as an example - all titles off, all friendly player names off, etc.)

Kpi

Post#5 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:46 am

Use "Not useless mod" addon
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

bw10

Post#6 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:39 pm

Play on linux. Flawless fps in fort with all addons on. It just works

Abrafo

Post#7 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:42 pm

bw10 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:39 pm Play on linux. Flawless fps in fort with all addons on. It just works
What distro do you suggest? I'm looking at trying it out. I've known about Linux for a long time but have never tried it. I see that there are many distos and even more editions of each distro. After a little research I'm looking at trying Linux Mint, Cinnamon Edition. However, the download page for Mint states that the MATE Edition runs faster, uses fewer resources and is more stable than Cinnamon.

bw10

Post#8 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:12 am

Abrafo wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:42 pm
bw10 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:39 pm Play on linux. Flawless fps in fort with all addons on. It just works
What distro do you suggest? I'm looking at trying it out. I've known about Linux for a long time but have never tried it. I see that there are many distos and even more editions of each distro. After a little research I'm looking at trying Linux Mint, Cinnamon Edition. However, the download page for Mint states that the MATE Edition runs faster, uses fewer resources and is more stable than Cinnamon.
I played on ubuntu. Theres a linux guide for ror on the forums. Worth spending a day setting it up to enjoy ror with constant fps and no memory leaks

Ads
mogt

Post#9 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:27 pm

and many players forget ror run on a emulator, the fps drops are normal.

the cpu specs, what you wrote are the offical, but on live the game run on a server and ror ,run on a emulator, that a very big different, this both things, are not the same.

IIItwistedIII

Post#10 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:31 pm

I am really considering doing this.. a bit nervous since I have been using windows forever but it seems like it would be worth it.