Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario balance proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tazdingo

Re: Scenario balance proposal

Post#41 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:51 am

Kalidore wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:06 am during NA hours the discordant ques are usually close to the same folks on both sides for a given period of time. I dont think anyone is gaming the queing system in that regard...thats just the only people queing.

If I run into a decent order pug in discordant...and destro is running their usual pug that includes 2-3 awful DPS DoKs, I will try to delay my que a few minutes...but it just results in me joining the same scen I would have been in had I joined from the start. There simply just arent enough people queing to fill additional scens.

a) i didn't think it was that pervasive of an issue either, but people within this thread are openly admitting to either doing so or at least expressing a spiteful willingness to do so as they don't care about what the pug queue was trying to achieve. sitacuisses philosophus mansisses

b) so many scs were running and insta popping last night that you couldn't even get into a fresh one

Ads
Sulorie

Post#42 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:00 am

mynban wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:34 am I love the mental gymnastics from people who want premade-vs-pug stompfests to keep on going, defending the loopholes allowing premades into discordant queue.
Make a suggestion to address the problem without punishing players, who play the game as intended, e.g. being part of a guild or group.
When population is low at times, it becomes easier to predict to get into the same SC.
It wouldn't even matter if a premade gets into pug SC by queuing solo/due, if pug players didn't play like bots.
Pug doesn't mean you can't guard, assist or play together in general.
Dying is no option.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#43 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:00 am

Akilinus wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:39 pm
rejndjer wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:29 pm
Akilinus wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:05 am And when group scenarios takes 1h+ to q for?
let them go play gw2
Why dont you go play gw2 since its you who have an issue with current system?
my only issue is that you can only get r200 talisman box from sc event. asides from guild coins. but soon i won't need any more r200 talisman boxes, so it won't be issue for me, but it will still be an issue for a lot of people. i'm not playing gw2 anymore because it's rvr system is ****, primary cause being that people can go through other people, which makes for shitty fights. to be short. but if i was interested in SMALL SCALE PVP, ie. 6v6 scenarios or 5v5 arena in gw2, i would definitely play gw2 instead of this.

Sulorie

Post#44 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:09 am

rejndjer wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:00 am

let them go play gw2
my only issue is that you can only get r200 talisman box from sc event. asides from guild coins. but soon i won't need any more r200 talisman boxes, so it won't be issue for me, but it will still be an issue for a lot of people. i'm not playing gw2 anymore because it's rvr system is ****, primary cause being that people can go through other people, which makes for shitty fights. to be short. but if i was interested in SMALL SCALE PVP, ie. 6v6 scenarios or 5v5 arena in gw2, i would definitely play gw2 instead of this.
Why would guildless/groupless pug players care about r200 talisman boxes? min-maxing is a non-issue for those people.
Dying is no option.

Akilinus

Post#45 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:50 am

rejndjer wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:00 am

let them go play gw2
I rather play this.

Are you not in CNTK? Should be no issue to find 5 other people if you can field groups for rvr.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#46 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:50 pm

as i've said, it's not that big issue to me. it's issue to new players who think they can play sc in pug environment. and it's an issue for people who want to play in their premade vs pugs. personally i have no sympathies for latter group.

Sinisterror

Post#47 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:24 pm

It's getting kind of sad/annoying to be told that people are playing wrong or 'as intented'. Whole attitude of someone who forces their vision to others "This is the only way to play the game! This is the whole INTENT/SOUL of the game"

Espesially mmorpg let alone WAR. Ive played Hardcore WB hardcore small scale BUT in between i have always solo roamed in WAR and no one told me/took something in WAR away from me because they dont like that aspect so it needs to be removed or HEAVILY discouraged.

That is the biggest difference WAR vs ROR
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

dawaaaghhh

Post#48 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:33 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:24 pm It's getting kind of sad/annoying to be told that people are playing wrong or 'as intented'. Whole attitude of someone who forces their vision to others "This is the only way to play the game! This is the whole INTENT/SOUL of the game"

Espesially mmorpg let alone WAR. Ive played Hardcore WB hardcore small scale BUT in between i have always solo roamed in WAR and no one told me/took something in WAR away from me because they dont like that aspect so it needs to be removed or HEAVILY discouraged.

The best comment here.

You want to play a closed hardcore wb with discord and min rank required ?
Great !!! Play as you want, i don't care.

You want to play ranked sc cause you love competitive fight ?
Great !!! Play as you want, i don t care.

You want to play pugs vs pugs sc ?
No !!! It's a competitive server here, get out of there pugs !!! go to play to hellokitty, learn your class, blah blah blah...

This server is just an inbred player base that's making the rule now. The matchmaker of this game is just a masterpiece of crap, the worst ever seen on video games and surrender vote doesn't change anything.

Can you tell me where is the fun to be farmed again and again ?
:arrow: ok let's have a try :arrow: stomped :arrow: don't feed them :arrow: surrender vote. Wow great pvp :x
People are discouraged and frustrated. Most of my friends left or made a long break, but whose care ?

2 years im on this server and it's just incredible to see how the community is becoming toxic. (40 years old average player seriously ?)

Keep going on, you are on the right way to kill the server, boastfull guys here do the job very well. :roll:

"WAR IS EVEYWHERE", not here apparently :!:

KOUDTATANE

q : Hey toxic guy ? Yes you ! Do you know you are welcome on my ignore list ? :twisted:

Ads
Kuschell

Post#49 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:27 pm

dawaaaghhh wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:33 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:24 pm It's getting kind of sad/annoying to be told that people are playing wrong or 'as intented'. Whole attitude of someone who forces their vision to others "This is the only way to play the game! This is the whole INTENT/SOUL of the game"

The best comment here.

You want to play a closed hardcore wb with discord and min rank required ?
Great !!! Play as you want, i don't care.

You want to play ranked sc cause you love competitive fight ?
Great !!! Play as you want, i don t care.

You want to play pugs vs pugs sc ?
No !!! It's a competitive server here, get out of there pugs !!! go to play to hellokitty, learn your class, blah blah blah...

This server is just an inbred player base that's making the rule now. The matchmaker of this game is just a masterpiece of crap, the worst ever seen on video games and surrender vote doesn't change anything.

Can you tell me where is the fun to be farmed again and again ?
:arrow: ok let's have a try :arrow: stomped :arrow: don't feed them :arrow: surrender vote. Wow great pvp :x
People are discouraged and frustrated. Most of my friends left or made a long break, but whose care ?

2 years im on this server and it's just incredible to see how the community is becoming toxic. (40 years old average player seriously ?)

Keep going on, you are on the right way to kill the server, boastfull guys here do the job very well. :roll:

"WAR IS EVEYWHERE", not here apparently :!:

KOUDTATANE

q : Hey toxic guy ? Yes you ! Do you know you are welcome on my ignore list ? :twisted:
Haha great post made my day. I agree 100%. It gets only worse. When i started you could play as random pugger but now its horrible experience. Sometimes iam even curoius if the people who brag about skill and say just do/5 even play this Game or believe what they write. Most time they tell you you have to be farmed to learn the game. Honestly what a crap

Alfa1986

Post#50 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:38 pm

It was necessary to divide the queues into solo and group players a long time ago, moreover, it would be nice to build a system that would also take into account equipment, experience, rr level, and the number of wins in a row and rating. Those people who say - "go learn how to play the scenarios" they either do not understand what they are saying, or are interested in easy victories over pugs, or simply cannot think. Have you ever tried to play a scenario as a healer as pugs? Your teammates run into different corners like cockroaches, you don’t know who to run after and who to heal, when you try to cast a direct heal, the target, as if by evil, all the time runs behind the wall where it successfully dies, it’s just fear and horror. Therefore, pugs never have healers. And now you get to a scenario where, on the one hand, there are 4 DPS and 2 tanks, on the other hand a premade gitz, who will win here, I think there is no need to explain. And after several such scenarios, what people will play better? No, of course not, they just leave the game. They simply do not have time to learn how to play when they have a negative experience all the time, they begin to think that it is impossible for them to win here, and then what is their interest in playing further? This is the same as taking a regiment of soldiers and immediately throwing them into a real war without training, but 15% of these will add up to learn how to fight very quickly, who will survive, but 75% will die. That is, are you ready to sacrifice these 75% who do not have time to understand the game, and leave in order to get 15% of elite players? Which, by the way, if there are no competitors, will also leave, but a month later. Absolutely not the right approach in my opinion. Let's say in league of legend there are different ranks of skill, no one puts newcomers on the diamond rank. First he must win and learn to play silver, gold, etc. and this is the correct system, when the player's skill grows gradually, along with his rank. Any 2+2+2 group will take precedence over 4+2+0 or any 2+2+2 group with a vote will take precedence over 2+2+2 without a vote, that's obvious.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum